Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Queries, comments and issues relating to the administration of Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Need help with verifying Boot partition by Robert Janik
I have a problem with Vista startup and all attempts with bootrec and bootsect failed. Startup repair detects C: drive and detects Vista Ultimate. Repair says it did not find any problem. When starting up machine I get black screen without any error message. Issue seems to be similar to cloning hard drive as I found on the net. If I rename bootmgr I don't get any error message so it looks...
April 30th 10 04:21 AM
by Robert Janik Go to last post
0 697
Change Folder name for C:/Users/account_name by Gary McCready
Hello: I set up my computer with account name "Cyndi", and then changed it to "Gary" The C:/Users/Cyndi Folder did not get renamed. I have tried to rename this folder to C:Users/Gary But RENAME is not an option on Rt click of mouse. I did manage to change the Folder name by Turning off "User Account Control" but when I logged on all my folders at the top of the chain (just under desktop)...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 29th 10 04:20 AM
by pyotr filipivich Go to last post
13 1,180
Admin issue with windows vista home 32bit by biutze
I'm running windows vista home premium 32, and I'm having some strange issues. I have no admin power on my admin, when prompted to type in my admin password on my admin account no available box appears, it just says type in your password and press enter.. I've looked over a lot of peoples posts about UAC and I can do none of these things, because I can't enter a password in. no right clicking...
April 26th 10 03:26 PM
by Crowezer Go to last post
2 729
How to add DEP exception from cmd ? by Hotmail_H_
Hi, is it possible from a .bat file to disable Data Execution Prevention for a single program (add it to the DEP exception list) ? I know I can run bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff to totally disable DEP but don't want to do that, only to exclude one program. And another question is, can I read the DEP settings (whether its for
April 24th 10 06:56 PM
by Hotmail_H_ Go to last post
0 636
How to add DEP exception from cmd ? by Hotmail_H_
Hi, is it possible from a .bat file to disable Data Execution Prevention for a single program (add it to the DEP exception list) ? I know I can run bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff to totally disable DEP but don't want to do that, only to exclude one program. And another question is, can I read the DEP settings (whether its for
April 24th 10 06:56 PM
by Hotmail_H_ Go to last post
0 404
Parental Controls are insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by parental Controls= Insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I gave my kids some parental controls and now they somehow turned into admins and put parental controls on me! How do you make sure a certain user does not have access to Parental controls at all!!!!!!!! And if possible how can i delete parental controls!!! Thank You, Eriq
April 22nd 10 08:38 PM
by TheChosen1XD Go to last post
7 694
How to crack a password? by Brett Brown
How do I figure out a password I put on my computer, then forgot? I have heard about OphCrack, but I don't know what that is or how to get it. Please respond if you have any suggestions.
April 20th 10 06:38 PM
by Brett Brown Go to last post
0 424
Forgotten PW - Safe Mode Wont Load To Command Prompt by Sarah C
Trying to assist student who forgot her Vista password. Administrator account apparently not enabled as going into safe mode only brings up her account. She only cares about 2 files, her resume and her thesis so I did some research and tried going to safe mode command prompt so that I could type in Net user administrator /active:yes ...... however ..... command prompt never comes.......
April 20th 10 06:33 PM
by Brett Brown Go to last post
4 611
need to put password on documents by Brett Brown
Anyone know how?
April 20th 10 04:10 AM
by Bob Go to last post
4 569
need to put password on documents by Brett Brown
Anyone know how?
April 20th 10 12:17 AM
by Brett Brown Go to last post
0 388
How to Reset / Recover Forgotten Windows Password? by help
Forgetting your Windows administrator login password. With no way to get into the system, you can’t even perform basic maintenance, let alone a thorough tune-up. Formatting is always an option, but we consider that a last resort. (Plus, guess who’s going to have to help reinstall all the programs lost after a wipe?) But all hope is not lost. There are a few ways to actually retrieve a...
April 19th 10 07:30 AM
by javin.steven Go to last post
2 495
favorite features by nflint
My favorite feature is e-mail -- nflint Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
April 15th 10 04:11 AM
by Bob Go to last post
2 454
Emails can not be sent by arnn49
When trying to send some e-mails I get this. ( look below) there are 20 + e-maile in the Windoes out box that can not be sent. I am not a very good computer person so your help would be great. A responce back would be great also. Thanks "Not" The host ' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name...
April 14th 10 11:45 PM
by Richard G. Harper[_2_] Go to last post
2 501
favorite features by nflint
My favorite feature is e-mail -- nflint Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
April 14th 10 08:35 PM
by nflint Go to last post
0 385
Emails can not be sent by arnn49
When trying to send some e-mails I get this. ( look below) there are 20 + e-maile in the Windoes out box that can not be sent. I am not a very good computer person so your help would be great. A responce back would be great also. Thanks "Not" The host ' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name...
April 14th 10 05:33 PM
by arnn49 Go to last post
0 362
Account Password by killer556
How do i get the admin password for my account i can't do it because im loggin in as a Standred User somicant't chage it ASny help Please email me at THX -- ttyl Brandon White
April 12th 10 11:26 PM
by killer556 Go to last post
0 381
Account Password by killer556
How do i get the admin password for my account i can't do it because im loggin in as a Standred User somicant't chage it ASny help Please email me at THX -- ttyl Brandon White
April 12th 10 11:26 PM
by killer556 Go to last post
0 470
Administor Account by spence
I never set up a 'Administor' accound, didn't know I had too. But somehow one was set up, using a screen name I haven't used in a year or more. I'm now being asked for the password for every change I want to do, a password I never knew. I'v tryed many things mentioned to get this password, or change the sceen name & password my computer knowes. My computer is running Vista 32-bit Home...
April 9th 10 10:48 PM
by spence Go to last post
0 388
Administor Account by spence
I never set up a 'Administor' accound, didn't know I had too. But somehow one was set up, using a screen name I haven't used in a year or more. I'm now being asked for the password for every change I want to do, a password I never knew. I'v tryed many things mentioned to get this password, or change the sceen name & password my computer knowes. My computer is running Vista 32-bit Home...
April 9th 10 10:48 PM
by spence Go to last post
0 459
Admin issue with windows vista home 32bit by biutze
I'm running windows vista home premium 32, and I'm having some strange issues. I have no admin power on my admin, when prompted to type in my admin password on my admin account no available box appears, it just says type in your password and press enter.. I've looked over a lot of peoples posts about UAC and I can do none of these things, because I can't enter a password in. no right clicking...
April 7th 10 08:39 PM
by biutze Go to last post

From The