Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Queries, comments and issues relating to the administration of Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
65 WIIKEY FUSION Informacion by wiikeyfusion
Atendiendo a las peticiones de los usuarios finales y distribuidores, estamos encantados de confirmar que el apoyo WBFS se incluirán en Wiikey Fusion. Pronto podremos comprar Wiikey Fusion.Segun nos informa el distribuidor para españa www.R4spain.com/tienda WBFS es un sistema de archivos desarrollado especialmente para el almacenamiento de copias de seguridad de Wii que comprime los juegos a un...
April 7th 10 07:42 PM
by wiikeyfusion Go to last post
0 405
The user name or password is incorrect error by Aspenearth82
I recently decided to password protect my computer so that upon startup I have to type in a password. But now when I start up the computer I get a "the user name or password is incorrect" error message (at this point I haven't done anything except push the power button to turn the computer on). So, I press the "OK" button, and a user named Amy (with a different picture then mine) appears and a...
April 7th 10 03:38 AM
by oliverlnrd Go to last post
2 614
Lock Wallpaper by Mataloski
Other people use my computer and change my wallpaper. Just want to know if there is a way to password lock my wallpaper so only I can change it. Thanks
April 7th 10 02:49 AM
by Brink Go to last post
8 573
Help - Vista + BSOD Stop 0x000000ED by jcglazier
Started windows player one day after no problems with the laptop and it crashed giving the BSOP wth error message: unmountable boot volume STOP: 0x000000ED (0x850D7C30, 0xC0000185, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) Can't do anything, wont let me into safe mode, recovery, normal start-up or anything. any ideas?
April 5th 10 01:34 AM
by Richard G. Harper[_2_] Go to last post
2 690
Help - Vista + BSOD Stop 0x000000ED by jcglazier
Started windows player one day after no problems with the laptop and it crashed giving the BSOP wth error message: unmountable boot volume STOP: 0x000000ED (0x850D7C30, 0xC0000185, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) Can't do anything, wont let me into safe mode, recovery, normal start-up or anything. any ideas?
April 4th 10 04:22 PM
by jcglazier Go to last post
0 389
How to get rid of user account showing only on HD by Oldroser[_2_]
I have two accounts, one I named Administrator and one with my personal name. I checked in regedit where userprofiles are listed and there are files ending in 02 and 03 and they list paths to those two accounts. The missing 01 is probably due to the problems I had getting rid of test-testpc that appeared on my computer when returned from repair by the manufacturer. I know I could change the name...
April 4th 10 03:47 AM
by Oldroser[_2_] Go to last post
0 413
How to get rid of user account showing only on HD by Oldroser[_2_]
I have two accounts, one I named Administrator and one with my personal name. I checked in regedit where userprofiles are listed and there are files ending in 02 and 03 and they list paths to those two accounts. The missing 01 is probably due to the problems I had getting rid of test-testpc that appeared on my computer when returned from repair by the manufacturer. I know I could change the name...
April 4th 10 03:47 AM
by Oldroser[_2_] Go to last post
0 461
Rebooted Vista - it reset Documents, Windows Mail, Outlook 2003 by ChadM
My HP G60-230US with Vista OS froze. Was able to log off and reboot. The system reset Documents folder access, Windows Mail, and Outlook 2003 so that it requires creating entirely new profiles for each, I guess. Using Windows Explorer, I can find that the Documents files, Windows Mail emails, and Outlook 2000 files are still there -- it's just that I can't access them the normal way. How...
April 3rd 10 10:04 PM
by ChadM Go to last post
0 497
2 Day crash courses on SAN & VMWARE Training in Bangalo by storage
Special 2 days Training for just 4000 Rs call now to register 91-8971969548 (Four thounsand INR) Email . Training is held in Bangalore . This 2 days training is covering Server Virtualisation technology (Server consolidation) Vmware VI3 ESX installation,Networking,Storage configuration,VM Creation,VM OS installation,Vmotion,HA,DRS. This is a crash course of just 2 days. |...
April 1st 10 08:12 AM
by storage Go to last post
0 430
Forgotten PW - Safe Mode Wont Load To Command Prompt by Sarah C
Trying to assist student who forgot her Vista password. Administrator account apparently not enabled as going into safe mode only brings up her account. She only cares about 2 files, her resume and her thesis so I did some research and tried going to safe mode command prompt so that I could type in Net user administrator /active:yes ...... however ..... command prompt never comes.......
March 30th 10 01:46 PM
by Sarah C Go to last post
0 379
Windows Mail by joemaher
When I use the "Send/Receive" button in Windows mail, I receive an error as follows: "The connection to the server has failed. Error number 0x800CCCDE" Does anyone have answer to this problem? Many thanks, Joe Maher
March 29th 10 01:28 PM
by joemaher Go to last post
0 402
Passwords Auto Fill by Connie[_3_]
How can I keep my password on websites from automatically filling after I enter my ID?
March 27th 10 01:14 PM
by Connie[_3_] Go to last post
0 517
Passwords Auto Fill by Connie[_3_]
How can I keep my password on websites from automatically filling after I enter my ID?
March 27th 10 01:14 PM
by Connie[_3_] Go to last post
0 402
Login Completely Blocked w/User Profile Service Failed the Login by THNKIT
My wife and I have been unable to Login & repeatedly get the above message. I have looked on all the relevant threads noting the above and can't find a solution because each solution requires 1) accessing "Start", 2) accessing msconfig, 3) setting up a second administrator. I can't fathom how to do any of the above solutions if I can't even logon to go to them. Please help me get out of...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 27th 10 07:43 AM
by nfsjr Go to last post
21 1,341
Forgotten Windows Administrator password by Pearl
My daughter has a Windows Vista Home Premium laptop. She recently changed her password and promptly forgot what it was. Now all she can do is login as the Guest account but is unable to perform many routine functions that she had on the original administrator account. I know that there is another local administrator account but can not access it and now she can't even get into windows to...
March 26th 10 02:00 PM
by Pearl Go to last post
5 768
Forgotten Windows Administrator password by Pearl
My daughter has a Windows Vista Home Premium laptop. She recently changed her password and promptly forgot what it was. Now all she can do is login as the Guest account but is unable to perform many routine functions that she had on the original administrator account. I know that there is another local administrator account but can not access it and now she can't even get into windows to...
March 26th 10 01:58 AM
by Pearl Go to last post
0 409
Turning UAC Back On by Steve_ODonnell
I have Vista Home Premium. I turned off User Account Control on a standard account by removing the check mark in the box "User Account Control." I now wish to turn it back on. However, when you put the check mark back in the UAC box and exit the screen and then go back the check mark is no longer in the User Account Control box. How do I reactivate the UAC for this standard user?
March 24th 10 01:36 AM
by Brink Go to last post
2 597
Turning UAC Back On by Steve_ODonnell
I have Vista Home Premium. I turned off User Account Control on a standard account by removing the check mark in the box "User Account Control." I now wish to turn it back on. However, when you put the check mark back in the UAC box and exit the screen and then go back the check mark is no longer in the User Account Control box. How do I reactivate the UAC for this standard user?
March 23rd 10 11:19 PM
by Steve_ODonnell Go to last post
0 408
The user name or password is incorrect error by Aspenearth82
I recently decided to password protect my computer so that upon startup I have to type in a password. But now when I start up the computer I get a "the user name or password is incorrect" error message (at this point I haven't done anything except push the power button to turn the computer on). So, I press the "OK" button, and a user named Amy (with a different picture then mine) appears and a...
March 22nd 10 03:06 AM
by Aspenearth82 Go to last post
0 402
Win7 questions by ButchKersh
I just upgraded from Vista to Win7 and I have a few questions. Is this a good placwe to ask questions or are there better groups? Apparently I lost outlook express or windows mail or whatever it called and I need to find out what hapened to my old mail and where I can find a suitable substitue since Verizon does not save mail and does not offer newsgroups basically anymore- I am using my...
March 19th 10 10:21 PM
by ButchKersh Go to last post

From The