Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Queries, comments and issues relating to the administration of Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Changing the way users log on and off by Jarzka
That didn't help anymore. We still have welcome-screen on start-up :S
September 16th 06 06:25 PM
by Jarzka Go to last post
0 509
Changing the way users log on and off by Jarzka
That didn't help anymore. We still have welcome-screen on start-up :S
September 16th 06 06:26 PM
by Jarzka Go to last post
0 459
Power Options by one
Hi. I Can't open Power Options. When I opening it, the window opened it over second closed. What can I do? I want to turn off suspend mode over some time.
September 16th 06 06:49 PM
by one Go to last post
0 482
Turning off UAC by Mark
When I go to User Accounts I don't have the "Change Security Settings" option. I have all Admin. rights, so is there a setting I need to sctivate in order to see this option as listed below. Mark Jappert To turn UAC off: Click Start Click Control Panel Click User Accounts and Family Safety
September 16th 06 08:49 PM
by Rick Hallman Go to last post
6 483
Windows Autologon by alex800
Hi, How do I enable Indows Autologon? I tried "control userpasswords2" command and "Menage your network passwords" but Windows still prompts for the pasword at start up. TIA RC1 5600
September 16th 06 11:59 PM
by alex800 Go to last post
0 503
Creating Password by Lostwood
I have two accounts that were pulled over from my existing xp install. They did not have passwords but now i want to add them. Every time I try to add the password the system creates a critical error and reboots 60 seconds later. I have created a new account and added a password and it works fine but the original ones do not. Any Ideas? I am a firm believer in not installing any new OS...
September 17th 06 02:18 AM
by Lostwood Go to last post
0 529
Windows Autologon by alex800
Hi, how do I enable Windows Autologon? I tried to run "control userpasswords2" command and "Menage your network passwords" in User Accounts but Vista still promts for the password. Windows Vista RC1 Build 5600
September 17th 06 04:38 AM
by alex800 Go to last post
2 536
Turning off UAC results in data loss? by fyleow
I got tired of having to click on the Startup Programs icon everytime to enable such basic things as my Anti Virus scanner so I decided to disable UAC. I'm not sure why Vista won't just automatically allow a program to startup even though I've manually asked it to many times but that's a different matter. After disabling UAC I noticed that my programs seemed to have reverted back to an...
September 17th 06 04:55 AM
by fyleow Go to last post
0 491
Turning off UAC results in data loss? by fyleow
I got tired of having to click on the Startup Programs icon everytime to enable such basic things as my Anti Virus scanner so I decided to disable UAC. I'm not sure why Vista won't just automatically allow a program to startup even though I've manually asked it to many times but that's a different matter. After disabling UAC I noticed that my programs seemed to have reverted back to an...
September 17th 06 04:57 AM
by fyleow Go to last post
0 464
Just Installed Microsft Vista and Didn't Put in a Password by Dan L
I installed Microsoft Vista and walked away from my computer for a while and when i got mack Viasta was Installed,But it has a Logon and wants a Username and a Password On it I was Not here for the finish and i did not install a passwaor or username.I tried my Ms Live Password and Username and it wouldnt work I have Looked at the email i was sent to see if there was a temp one that you have...
September 17th 06 01:37 PM
by Dan L Go to last post
0 568
Turning off UAC results in data loss? by fyleow
I got tired of having to click on the Startup Programs icon everytime to enable such basic things as my Anti Virus scanner so I decided to disable UAC. I'm not sure why Vista won't just automatically allow a program to startup even though I've manually asked it to many times but that's a different matter. After disabling UAC I noticed that my programs seemed to have reverted back to an...
September 17th 06 08:55 PM
by Jimmy Brush Go to last post
1 482
Cannot login to profile by bitmap
I just finished installing Vista RC1 but I cannot log into my profile. After I type in my password it just says: "The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded." Is there a solution for this?
September 18th 06 11:48 AM
by Jason Go to last post
1 601
Parental Contols and Outlook by TurpinCL
When Parental Controls are enabled, the kids account cannot use outlook to connect to an Exchange server. The application will hang for a few minutes, then will repsond, but not be connected. If you look at the connection status for Outlook, everything is "connecting". This occurs even if Parental Controls is enabled, but only reporting is selected. I have tried various levels of the Web...
September 18th 06 02:50 PM
by TurpinCL Go to last post
0 485
Longhorn Server and vista by Steve Rowe
Hi i am having trouble getting the GP's to come into force in my domain of mixed clients. I cannot seem to get any group policies to populate down to the clients. am i missing something simple. i am editing using the cmd gpmc.msc
September 18th 06 09:14 PM
by Steve Rowe Go to last post
0 537
"Administrator" Madness: How Do I Convince Vista? by tomorrows_man
I'm about to install RC1, but before I do I need to know what went wrong between 5384 and 5742. I installed 5384 and, buggy as it was, I never had administrator/access problems. Fast forward 10 weeks, I fresh install 5742, and suddenly I can't download a %^@! mp3 file from a pay service without getting a 'You do not have the right to save a fiel to that folder. Save to a temp folder...
September 19th 06 02:13 AM
by tomorrows_man Go to last post
0 535
XP Upgrade to RC1 by Harmster
Hi All Just wondering how I integrate the following files into Vista (they are my old XP settings etc) $INPLACE.~TR $WINDOWS.~Q
September 19th 06 09:58 AM
by Harmster Go to last post
0 494
Help by Harmster
How do i integrate these files $INPLACE.~TR $WINDOWS.~Q
September 19th 06 09:59 AM
by Harmster Go to last post
0 673
Domain user in local administrators != administrator by Darin Dugan
Vista RC1 on x86, clean install. Joined to Windows 2003 native mode domain. Have added a domain user account to the local administrators group (in addition to the local administrator). However, this account doesn't seem to actually get admin rights. Repro steps: runas /user:DOMAIN\adminuser cmd enter DOMAIN\adminuser passwd ....in the resulting DOMAIN\adminuser cmd window: ipconfig...
September 19th 06 04:13 PM
by Darin Dugan Go to last post
1 566
Access is Denied by Jake
I recently installed Windows Vista RC1 Build 5600 on my computer. I happened to install it on the same hard-drive as my previous version of Windows. This moved my old windows file to a file called windows.old. Because I have a new windows folder I have to re-install all my programs. However when I tried to access an .exe file I got a error message saying (You don't have permision to open...
September 20th 06 05:22 AM
by Jake Go to last post
5 552
All security features in a single area idea. by chitownmgs
Why not set up an area in Control Panel of all the security enhancements and allow the Administrator / Administrators Group to select which security features to turn on and off versus looking all over the place to modify security features like Network connections, file accesses, program installations, etc?? The way everything is locked up by default and with a whole new look, people and IT...
September 20th 06 12:51 PM
by chitownmgs Go to last post

From The