Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Queries, comments and issues relating to the administration of Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Sleep button disable by slickuser
I just installed Vista Business x64 bit and my Sleep button is disable from the start menu. How do I enable it? Thanks. -- slickuser
September 22nd 08 05:12 AM
by Brink Go to last post
1 251
user information / account? by lnjr[_3_]
Hello, I recently purchased a Gateway notebook M1629. It was the display model and had the user account as RadioShack. I did figure out how to change the user account and delete the RadioShack user account. However, I noticed when I went to install superantispyware this morning that the page that comes up during installation for the user information already has the name RadioShack in that...
September 21st 08 04:52 PM
by lnjr[_3_] Go to last post
0 280
Problem with password by keelysue
Everytime I try to install something new or update something on my computer, a window pops up and says "To continue, type an administrator password and click ok". The problem is, no one in my family knows the password. The guy that we paid from a pseudo-Geek Squad company to set up our computer chose the password but neglected to tell us what it is. Anyone know how I can change the password...
September 20th 08 06:09 PM
by oscar Go to last post
4 332
Windows vista login selection by Siferon
Hey All, I'm having a nice windows vista pc here on the job but where working on it with like 5 pll. Standard it pops up my login when booting the pc and on the beatifull vista it gives you userX / different user I would like so switch it to or
September 20th 08 10:52 AM
by Victor Constantinescu Go to last post
1 328
User Account gone wild by Clueless1978
Windows Vista....my computer downloaded a Service Pak and now everytime I turn on the computer, or click on the start button, a window pops up: control paneluser accounts and family safetyUser accounts. What a pain in my tush. If I turn off the User account then my anti virus goes wild. Any help please?
September 20th 08 10:24 AM
by Victor Constantinescu Go to last post
1 334
What do you have to accomplish or be to use VISTA? by Scott Hauge
I'm sure this question or something similar has been posted and answered but I, to be honest, am TIRED of having to scour the Internet looking for MORE answers to this enigma called VISTA. I was lucky enough to get the "Home Premium Version" or whatever it is. I AM THE ONLY PERSON USING THIS LAPTOP. I have given myself FULL Administrator privileges. No-ONE ELSE has EVER used this laptop....
September 17th 08 05:32 PM
by DyeCottage Go to last post
3 352
error code 1920 by vgavhane
Hi, While installing Flexlm services, i got error no. 1920 which says that "Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services". I have right clicked and run as administrator. Still i am getting ths same message. and not able to install my software. Even I run this setup through compatibility test. Please help me in this regards. Thanx in advance.
September 16th 08 10:21 AM
by vgavhane Go to last post
0 308
Windows Vista Business hangs in Startup.. can't use DVD recovery by averied
Hi.. I have a very strange behaviour in one of our company laptops .. It has Windows Vista Business Installed.. Suddenly today, with no hardware or software changes the system can't boot.. everytime I try, it just goes off and reboots.. When I try to boot in safe mode, it hangs when loading mup.sys.. If I insert the DVD, it won't start Windows Setup so I can go to the
September 16th 08 06:29 AM
by Galen[_2_] Go to last post
1 288
administrator issue by Robin Karlsson
I get the following message when I type my password when trying to log on *the user profile service failed the login. User profile cannot be loaded* I've read all the "fixes" and TRIED them (SAFE MODE, etc....) but EVERYTHING I try to do.........asks me for my administrator password which is the whole issue other users can log on :cry: yes.....thats me cryin! HELP
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 16th 08 04:55 AM
by Brink Go to last post
18 521
Modifying Programs Files Doesn't Work. by Edwin_C
I can't rename, modify, delete or doing whatever for files inside program files. Myself isn't a newbie in Windows Vista, here's a couple of methods I tried to fix it but doesn't work. 1. Taking Full Control for C:/ (Having Access Denied) 2. Taking Any Full Control For Files In Program Files (Having Access Denied) 3. Registry Tweaks (Nothing Special)
September 15th 08 02:38 PM
by Edwin_C Go to last post
7 310
Forgot my admin password by pk7498
Can anyone help me? I have searched for three days for a fix and I'm about to throw this dagg gum computer out the window. I miss Micisoft Windows NT!!!! But someome told me Vista was alot better. :mad: I had just changed my password, and I am also listed as the admin and STUPID me forgotten my new (admin) password. My first mistake was I didn't create a separate user for myself. But I cant look...
September 15th 08 05:01 AM
by pk7498 Go to last post
4 242
Presentation Settings/Screensaver in WMC by Stephan Kaufmann
Hi, With Windows Mobility Center, Presentation Settings, we want allow disabling the screensaver during a presentation. We have also some Group Policy settings active. As long as the Group Policy ” User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Control Panel\Display\Screensaver” is enabled, the checkbox for disabling screensaver in WMC is grayed out. That’s ok. If you change this policy...
September 14th 08 09:05 AM
by Stephan Kaufmann Go to last post
0 247
Changing desktop icon by enriquem2872
I accidentally deleted my recycle bin icon and when I go and try to get it back it gives me a message saying "Your system administrator has disabled launching of the display settings control panel". I am the only person using my laptop and I'm using Windows Vista Home Basic. It also doesn't allow me to change the desktop background and it gives me a message saying the feature has been disabled...
September 14th 08 12:22 AM
by Brink Go to last post
3 242
Access rights of administrators by SlimJim
I am no expert on security in windows but I think a lot of the problems of lack of access are due to a default security setting which I mentioned in another thread. Right click a folder/shortcut/whatever; go to properties and click the security tab. The ones on my machine which have access problems have a group named "Everyone". I think it is this setting which removes access rights....
September 13th 08 05:50 PM
by SlimJim Go to last post
0 235
Does disabling UAC with Admin access means every account's UAC willget disabled? by wannabelean
If no, how do remove UAC from the standard user's account? Thanks!
September 12th 08 09:59 AM
by f/fgeorge Go to last post
1 284
Stop asking administrator password on start of program? by knallan
Hi! First of all, sorry for my english. My "problem" is the following: - I have a program that asks administrator password everytime you start it... So I'm wondering if it is to change some settings or something like that to prevent this. It's very annoying cause I have one admin account on our computer and the rest are typical user accounts. I don't wan't the other users to know the admin...
September 11th 08 02:00 PM
by Beoweolf Go to last post
2 269
No admin for our Vista PC by GingerKatt
I'm sorry but cannot understand how to set up an admin. account in our new Laptop with Vista Home Supreme. There is no admin. account so we can't access things like cookies. How do we set up an admin. account we can both use? Can someone explain it in simple plain English? Thank you...........
September 11th 08 05:32 AM
by GingerKatt Go to last post
2 251
Audio can't be enabled by GingerKatt
Can someone on this group (can't get help on other MS groups) tell me how to get sounds/Audio to work again? When I click the sound icon on the taskbar a little window comes up and asks if I want to enable "Windows Audio Service." When I click yes I get the annoying User Account Control window and so click "Continue." The sound window comes up. I can select sounds and click OK.... but it...
September 10th 08 09:10 AM
by GingerKatt Go to last post
2 242
lincense blurry on tag glued to mylaptop by druid1547
Hi I need help I purchased an Alienware and recently I needed to reload th esoftware but the tag has the numbers blurry. What can be done I talked to Alienware and they tell me to contact Microsoft. I can send pictures of the license, the laptop numbers everything. HELP!!!!!! -- Thank You druid1547
September 9th 08 03:29 AM
by Punkrockguy182 Go to last post
4 273
Cannot Log in by Punkrockguy182
Hello Everyone, I know this is a Vista Forum, but I have been looking through here in the past few month just to see whats going on with Vista and if i should ever get it. Here's the deal now. I have Windows XP, I recently did a system restore and currently have no way of typing in my password. The following are not responding: 1. Keys 1-10, a-z. 2. My Touchpad is not respinding. 3. I cannot...
September 9th 08 03:24 AM
by Punkrockguy182 Go to last post

From The