Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Queries, comments and issues relating to the administration of Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Win7 questions by ButchKersh
I just upgraded from Vista to Win7 and I have a few questions. Is this a good placwe to ask questions or are there better groups? Apparently I lost outlook express or windows mail or whatever it called and I need to find out what hapened to my old mail and where I can find a suitable substitue since Verizon does not save mail and does not offer newsgroups basically anymore- I am using my...
March 19th 10 10:16 PM
by ButchKersh Go to last post
0 458
Unable to make changes to parental controls by Kirk L
I am trying to make changes to parental controls. I get an error message that reads: "Unable to make changes to parental controls settings. If this problem persists, contact your system administrator." I am an administrator on the computer. I have tried creating a new account and making changes there and that did not work.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 17th 10 02:27 PM
by Gillett MP Go to last post
27 2,703
Standard User account cannot see/access all programs by Bethmurs
Help !! I installed Office - and as Administrator, I can access all the programs - but my current standard users (and ones that I just created) can only see Excel. Also - when I drag a program onto my desktop, it disappears from the Program list - how do I get it back on there ? Thanks for any help. I'm desperate
March 17th 10 01:02 AM
by Hippomenes Go to last post
3 625
How to unlock protected document by montereynative
I opened an existing document I had saved in Word and when I tried to make revisions, the message came up that the document was "locked". When I went to "help" to see how to unlock it, it says to go to the Protect Document pane and click on "Stop Protection". However, when I go to this pane, there is no option to "Stop Protection" - help! -- montereynative
March 15th 10 02:20 AM
by Maggiechen Go to last post
2 556
Access son's account but have no admin privligages, vista by windowsvistausr
Hi, my son got a new computer (running vista) and right away created an admin account for himself, and made a secondary standard account. His account is password protected, and he refuses to let me have it. I was wondering if there was a way to access the admin account and install a parental control program which i have chosen by logging onto the standard account. I would preferably like if he...
March 14th 10 08:47 PM
by windowsvistausr Go to last post
0 382
Access son's account but have no admin privligages, vista by windowsvistausr
Hi, my son got a new computer (running vista) and right away created an admin account for himself, and made a secondary standard account. His account is password protected, and he refuses to let me have it. I was wondering if there was a way to access the admin account and install a parental control program which i have chosen by logging onto the standard account. I would preferably like if he...
March 14th 10 08:47 PM
by windowsvistausr Go to last post
0 496
External drive shows up in XP but not Vista... by Printdevil
Please help my frustration... I have a FAT32 formatted external hard disk which just will not show up in PC which is running Vista. I can here the drive connection chime when I plug it in and it shows in the Device Manager window. This tells me it's functioning properly but it refuses to give me an icon so I can access the contents. If I open the Computer Management/Storage/Disk Management window...
March 13th 10 06:01 PM
by Printdevil Go to last post
0 426
access denied to external hard drive by ruanv
Folks, I am trying to access my external hard drive, but keep getting "F:/ not accessible, access is denied". I can change the name of the "F-drive", but not access. This is happening even thu I am in Administration account. I have recently accessed the same external hard drive to change security settings to all the files so that all users have full control. Was this a mistake to do? there are...
March 13th 10 06:02 AM
by aleqsie Go to last post
7 601
Admin Password reset in regedit by mazzymoomoo
I have a laptop with Vista Business on it. There are two accounts, one Admin and one User. I can log into the user as i know the password but have forgotten the Admin password. I cannot perform tasks such as cleanup etc as it always prompts me for the admin password, which i do not know. I have tried all of the other suggestions and still get prompted for the forgotten password. I recently...
March 9th 10 12:21 AM
by cscindy9 Go to last post
6 825
How to login as admin in Win7 Pro by drumz
I just got Win7 Pro and am unable to access a PST file so I'm thinking maybe I need to be logged as admin. How do you do that? I tried the Start/Switch User but I only have the one user account, me. So how do I access the admnin account and since I never did setup a password for it what is it? password? Thanks
March 7th 10 08:14 PM
by drumz Go to last post
6 548
How do you log in as admin in Win7? by drumz
I thought I posted this but don't see it, sorry of this ends up as a repeat. I have a PST file from another install of Office 2010 Beta that I cannot use because it says I don't have permission. So I thought that maybe I should try it as admin but don't know how to get that login screen and I am not sure what the password would be since I just set this up 2 days ago. SO how do you get to the...
March 7th 10 06:54 PM
by drumz Go to last post
0 478
How do you log in as admin in Win7? by drumz
I thought I posted this but don't see it, sorry of this ends up as a repeat. I have a PST file from another install of Office 2010 Beta that I cannot use because it says I don't have permission. So I thought that maybe I should try it as admin but don't know how to get that login screen and I am not sure what the password would be since I just set this up 2 days ago. SO how do you get to the...
March 7th 10 06:54 PM
by drumz Go to last post
0 359
How to login as admin in Win7 Pro by drumz
I just got Win7 Pro and am unable to access a PST file so I'm thinking maybe I need to be logged as admin. How do you do that? I tried the Start/Switch User but I only have the one user account, me. So how do I access the admnin account and since I never did setup a password for it what is it? password? Thanks
March 7th 10 06:30 PM
by drumz Go to last post
0 355
Saluto by John John - MVP
Orlando Felisari wrote: Bonjour. Je m'appelle Orlando Felisari, je suis 23 ans.... Bonjour Orlando. Ceçi n'est pas un "matchmaker" ou un "find a date group"...
March 6th 10 04:15 PM
by John John - MVP Go to last post
0 521
Saluto by Orlando Felisari
Bonjour. Je m'appelle Orlando Felisari, je suis 23 ans....
March 6th 10 04:15 PM
by John John - MVP Go to last post
1 401
Allowing trusted programs through UAC by Thad Student
Is there a way to allow a trusted program through the user account control without asking for permission every time? I log into my laptop as an administrator and there is one program that needs consent through the user account control in order to run. The program is Cisco Clean Access Agent. The geek squad at my school installed it so I can log onto the school's wireless network with my...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 28th 10 09:11 PM
by win7 Go to last post
13 1,094
Admin Password reset in regedit by mazzymoomoo
I have a laptop with Vista Business on it. There are two accounts, one Admin and one User. I can log into the user as i know the password but have forgotten the Admin password. I cannot perform tasks such as cleanup etc as it always prompts me for the admin password, which i do not know. I have tried all of the other suggestions and still get prompted for the forgotten password. I recently...
February 27th 10 03:50 PM
by mazzymoomoo Go to last post
0 380
User account will not load by Urbain Borremans
Hello, I'm working with Windows Vista Home Premium and thismorning on a other laptop the following message did appear : De service User-Profile-service verhindert het aanmelden. Gebruikersprofiel kan niet worden geladen The service User-Profile-service prevents logging. User profile can not be loaded
February 27th 10 09:36 AM
by Urbain Borremans Go to last post
0 354
User account will not load by Urbain Borremans
Hello, I'm working with Windows Vista Home Premium and thismorning on a other laptop the following message did appear : De service User-Profile-service verhindert het aanmelden. Gebruikersprofiel kan niet worden geladen The service User-Profile-service prevents logging. User profile can not be loaded
February 27th 10 09:36 AM
by Urbain Borremans Go to last post
0 566
Forgot Admin Password: Windows Vista Home Basic by Seeking
I forgot this and now I am not able to do some things. Please help me get back my Admin Password. I would hate to go thru a re-installation of Vista. Thanks in advance and anticipation
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 25th 10 01:18 AM
by doctormrli[_2_] Go to last post
49 2,263