Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Queries, comments and issues relating to the administration of Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Want user login to be the default login by fortenbm333
I have read the messages that asked how to change default login from Administrator to a user account that is a member of Administrators. None of the answers actually answers the question. I don't want to auto login and I want to be required to answer the password challenge, but I want my user account to be the default. Right now, when I reboot, it always comes up as Administrator and says...
June 17th 08 09:26 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
2 290
Deleting cookies/temporary internet files by ispyu
Is there anyway you can make it necessay to have to enter a password to delete any kind of browsing history including cookies/temporary internet files (user: administrator)??
June 17th 08 03:00 AM
by maher77 Go to last post
3 323
User Accounts, Switch User, Hibernate, Sleep, Restart by Leisa
My two year old played with my laptop and now the when I use the arrow next to the shut down option it only displays switch user, log off and lock. I think that I am missing the Hibernate, Sleep, and Restart option from this menu. The Switch user option does not work. I have also noticed that when I turn the computer on it used to display both mine and my husband's user accounts. Now it only...
June 16th 08 01:53 PM
by Brink Go to last post
4 404
Why does my admin account come up on power up? by Loser421
Everytime I turn on my computer it automatically logs in to my administrator account, bypassing the login screen. I tried to make the administrator account password protected, this only resulted in an improper password screen being displayed when powered up. I want the login/user selection screen to be displayed on power up.
June 16th 08 01:52 AM
by Loser421 Go to last post
4 349
Create user acct - transfer all files from admin to user? by go-to-lady[_17_]
Vista Home Premium I'm the admin and I'm using an admin account. If I create a user account do I have to transfer all my files to the user account? -- go-to-lady
June 15th 08 03:25 PM
by go-to-lady[_17_] Go to last post
0 318
Music icon not working in menu start by Dennis0011
The right part of the menu start , to be specific the Music button isn't working anymore ! when i right click on it and properties its completely empty , no information in it. When i do the same on Pictures it shows all information and everything it works fine. i was messing around and i accidentely moved it and it said something like replace or w/e i dont know anymore and i quickly pressed...
June 15th 08 02:35 PM
by Dennis0011 Go to last post
0 272
Vista Problem by Warhawk
i am running vista home premium 64bit and it was working fine until i restarted it at one point and then it loaded up, then a message came up saying: Boot Critical File h:\windows\system32\drivers\sfsynco3.sys is corrupt. Could somebody please help and tell me wat this is and how to fix it. Thanks.:confused:
June 15th 08 09:37 AM
by Warhawk Go to last post
0 265
Encryption and passwords by FPS
I have password protected my thumb drive. I was advised to encrypt those files for complete safety -- and I did. However, to access the encrypted files, I need to enter a password. Now, I have 2 passwords -- one for the thumb drive and one for the encrypted vault. Can someone please explain why the encryption is "safer" when those files can be accessed with a password and the thumb drive...
June 15th 08 04:18 AM
by FPS Go to last post
2 250
jfjj by enyce176
jjjjjf
June 14th 08 09:09 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
1 374
rcp.exe missing in Windows Vista Business by irfanahmed
Hi All, I have used Windows XP Professional a lot and am totally new to Windows vista. I have bought a new laptop which came pre-installed with windows vista business. I tried using rcp to copy over some files but it always says rcp: command not founsd. I looked in c:\Windows\System32 and there is no rcp.exe file there.
June 13th 08 09:55 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
3 338
Changing start menue power button behaviour by jim
I really like the way that Vista handles sleep mode. It writes memory contents to disk as if hibernating, then sleeps by appearing to completely shut off the computer (no blinking lights or distractions). Then wakes up very quickly when turned back on, or in the case of a power failure, resumes from hibernation. I have 2 questions: 1. Can I change the behavior of the start menu power...
June 13th 08 09:37 PM
by jim Go to last post
2 276
Show hidden administrator account by Gunnar
Hello I have a customer who has forgotten his password in Vista Home Premium. The only account visible is that account When i log on in safe mode, the administrator account is still not visible. How can i get around this? Thanks
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 13th 08 11:34 AM
by Brink Go to last post
15 723
Not letting me log in by turbo97801
I type my password in the box then click enter and it says signing off right away then goes back into the log in box what can I do? -- turbo97801 Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
June 13th 08 08:53 AM
by turbo97801 Go to last post
0 247
Vista Accounts Mystery--Help! by Paul100
I'm still trying to get the hang of Vista accounts and the haze that surrounds them! I have only recently "converted" from XP and am having trouble with Folders that are refused access! Following Brinks excellent Tutorial on this site I've created an Administrator account so I now have my original account which I gave Admin Privileges too. According to Properies tag most files seem to...
June 13th 08 03:23 AM
by Ronnie Vernon MVP Go to last post
3 289
Domain Account Credentials to a Workgroup Process (Vista Business) by Jack Wishbone
The setup: Laptop: Vista Business, in a WORKGROUP, and logging in with an account with administrative privledges. Server: 2003 AD Server, in a domain, i.e. "PSM" I want to run a local service on Vista machine using a domain account.
June 11th 08 01:52 PM
by Jack Wishbone Go to last post
1 243
Deleting old Vista folders by Jake
Through circumstances out of my control, I have installed windows on my machine twice. I have a windows folder on both my C and D drive. When I try do delete my old windows folder I get an access denied error. I have tried to take control, but to no avail. What do I do?
June 10th 08 11:56 PM
by xch1114 Go to last post
4 344
Parental Controls Error Message by tim
I continue to have a problem with Vista. Whenever I try to change the parental control option for my childrens' accounts to/from allowing access to specific or all programs I get the following message "Unable to make changes to parental control settings. If this problem persists see system administrator." I am the system admin.... -- frustrated with vista
June 10th 08 10:48 PM
by Flightlessdragon Go to last post
1 266
Vista Password Removal by wildkats66
When I remove the password from our 4 accounts it always comes up later in the month and asks to change the password because it will expire. How do I remove the passwords so they never affect my accounts. What I do now is add the password and then delete until the expiration message pops-up. Kinda getting tired of doing this. -- wildkats66
June 10th 08 02:30 PM
by codes[_2_] Go to last post
1 312
Outlook and Onenone (using Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007) by swissymom421
Hello, I was not sure which category to place this under. I have been using Outlook 2007 (12.0.6300.5000) SP1 MSO (12.0.6213.1000) with the addin OneNote (onbttnol.dll) 2007 (12.0.6211.1000) SP1 MSO (12.0.6213.1000) (displaying on the Quick Access Toolbar of Outlook) absolutely fine until yesterday when, Microsoft displayed a message (when I was trying to send an email to OneNote)_that ...
June 10th 08 02:02 PM
by swissymom421 Go to last post
0 228
activity reports by gerlingch
hello, is there anyway to go back further to check previous activity reports than the dates shown?
June 10th 08 12:51 PM
by gerlingch Go to last post

From The