Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Queries, comments and issues relating to the administration of Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Why Windows Update pmsu packages doesn't like to be used with Depl by realtebo
I'm trying to make some thign with deploymtn toolkit 2008- in os packages i'd like to insert some .msu packages downloaded from windows update. But after scanning the dir, MDT 2008 don't add no one .msu package to the list of os packages. Why? Ho tu integrate windows updtes ?
June 7th 08 09:42 PM
by realtebo Go to last post
0 373
adminstrator has parental controls? by dave351
I bought a new laptop, have no kids, and have parental controls that block everything, good and bad. It says that as the admin I have no arental controls, then why am I blocked and how can i get rid of it? -- dave9
June 7th 08 06:37 PM
by t-4-2[_99_] Go to last post
1 384
Programs Won't Run under Standard User Accounts by TexasJack
Hello all.  Vista Standard User accounts are giving me fits.On my daughter's computer, I am set up with an admin account and my daughter is set up as a Standard User.  I have problem running certain programs under my daughter's Standard Account, such as Incredimail and just playing DVDs.  If I run IM, I get a message that IM is not fully installed and that I must reboot. I reboot...
June 7th 08 11:03 AM
by f/fgeorge Go to last post
2 401
Downgrading from vista ultamate to XP w/media center by Aaron D
How can I downgrade to xp but still save my files. No formating. Not happy with vista cause none of my devices work with vista. Most of the dont have updated vista drivers that even exist yet. Please help...............
June 6th 08 04:58 PM
by Bruce Chambers Go to last post
3 467
Manager User Accounts - missing pictures by Puppy Breath
Anyone know of a fix for user account pictures missing from the Manager User Accounts window? I tried the obvious things and search around. But haven't come up with any solution yet. TIA
June 6th 08 03:32 PM
by Brink Go to last post
9 493
Question about saving History by StephL
I was wondering If when it gives you the option to save your browsing history, If that just applies to internet explorer or Mozilla too? I just says Internet explorer..I don't use Internet explorer. If so how do I change it so that it applies to Mozilla, I want to monitor my children's activity
June 6th 08 02:57 PM
by t-4-2[_99_] Go to last post
1 388
how to stop sharing my desktop files in admin account? by acconut, sharing files, password
Hello, I.m using Vista Home premium 6.0 I have 3 accounnts: admins, standard-users and guest account. I set up passwords for admin and user account. I turned "users account control" on, but I still can enter admins desktop files from guest account with out giving password. How can I fix this?
June 6th 08 02:26 PM
by t-4-2[_99_] Go to last post
1 419
Comine user names by Avilion
I downloaded my old files etc. from my XP on to this new Packard Bell running Vista. I succeeded but stupidly I seem to have three User names with 3 different passwords with each user having several different programs etc. As I am the sole user I wonder if I could combine all the information under just my one User name. Thanks for any help. Victor
June 6th 08 09:20 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
1 363
user account login failure by shirlz
when we start up the lap top it takes a very long time and adventually logons on, however when it logs on it comes up with a ballon saying that the user account logon has failed and that we have temporillary been logged on with a temp. account. can you help as any work that is done during this log on is not saved and lost, thanks
June 5th 08 09:49 PM
by t-4-2[_99_] Go to last post
1 355
local session manager failed to start so im locked out! by Melle
ok let me see just how to explain this. basically i need to know how to start the LSM somehow between bootup and before login. how did it get disabled? because of a careless mistake i made in my firewall zone alarm, which has been no help btw. i dont think they even know their own product. someone please help. as soon as i hit enter to login the message LSM failed to start. access is denied....
June 5th 08 08:29 PM
by Melle Go to last post
0 342
Add Network Location. IE x86 and IE x64. Settings in Guest account. by Dima[_2_]
Hello! 1. Windows Vista x64 shows an error message "Add Network Location The folder you entered does not appear to be valid. Please choose another." after clicking Next in "Specify the location of your website Type the address of the website, FTP site, or network location that this shortcut will open" window. The folder is http://files.akado.ru/slide/files/51796441/home/ I can add the Network...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 5th 08 07:00 PM
by Don Klokkenga Go to last post
21 3,047
vista unco-operative by keiththeengineer
hi all I have been handed a vista home basic laptop the kids use and it has lost the :c drive access It happened whilst sharing the drive apparently should be no problem with that but there is no proper administrator account, now they show as administrators but cannot do anything because they cannot access the :c drive so I assume the users privelidges are now limited and override the admin...
June 5th 08 01:22 PM
by mikeyhsd[_2_] Go to last post
2 384
software initiation by dlewark
I recently bought my new Dell desktop with Vista home premium and migrated software from my old computer to the new one using PCmover. One application, AnyDVD will not run. I keep getting "failed to init elbyCDIO". elbyCDIO is a .dll file. I have gone around the block with Slysoft support on why this application will not run. All other software seems to work fine so far. Slysoft has...
June 5th 08 12:31 AM
by dlewark Go to last post
0 338
Disable Fast User Switching by drahnier
it's deep down in gpo. local computer policy administrative templates system logon Hide entry points for fast user switching Always use classic logon this should do the trick, although i havn't tried it yet.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 5th 08 12:28 AM
by Brink Go to last post
10 736
Creating an ODBC datasource by Sherwood
Greetings, I am a relatively new user to Windows Vista and was wondering how to create a data source? I have gone to the Control Panel, but I see nothing that looks like an ODBC Administration tab. Thanks in advance!
June 4th 08 04:01 AM
by Sherwood Go to last post
0 378
tarek1999 by gharsallah-sadok
June 4th 08 03:44 AM
by gharsallah-sadok Go to last post
0 403
What is the default resolution for Window Vista in Safe Mode? by mlehane
Looking for confirm if the default resolution for Window Vista in Safe Mode is 800X600 or if Windows Vista uses the low resolution setting of 640x480 by default when in Safe Mode?
June 3rd 08 07:52 PM
by Dwarf Go to last post
1 393
forgot my admin. account password by dotfromks
Hi, I have forgotten my admin account password. I have one guest user on my computer. I want to install additional software, but my machine does not allow me to do any changes without the admin password. I did not do a reset disk. did not even realize that i should be. After I get help with resetting this, will I lose any data that I have already put in? I have just eailed all documents out...
June 3rd 08 04:18 PM
by Brink Go to last post
1 360
not enough authority by digimapper
Getting message not enough authority. This is on my laptop and I am the only one who uses it and it happens even when I am signed on as administrator is there a way to fix this. -- digimapper
June 3rd 08 10:53 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
4 423
Duplicate user profiles - how to delete by Eileenb300
I have Vista Home Premium. For some reason, two sets of user profiles & icons are loading when I start up. I have 3 profiles: Admin, Guest and my own. Each one of them appears twice on the sign-in screen. Where do I go to stop them from loading twice? Thanks!
June 3rd 08 10:36 AM
by Eileenb300 Go to last post

From The