Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Queries, comments and issues relating to the administration of Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
studie by iva-driebergen
Arjan van der Gragt is op 02.07.1983 geslaagd na het volgen van een tweejarige cursus aan het IVA te Driebergen.
May 29th 08 08:56 AM
by iva-driebergen Go to last post
0 399
Lost email account, how to get in my bitlocker by Joker
Here is my problem I forgot to get my bitlocker information and my email account is closed and on top of that I had a regisrty problem and configuration problem. So, I saved most of what I needed to disk and reinstalled windows Vista and would like my Ultimate purchase to get my computer ba ck the way it was. How do I get into the locker since the passsword will go to my account that has...
May 29th 08 06:07 AM
by Joker Go to last post
0 330
Forgot admin password, must re-install? by ms_illusioned
I forgot my admin password, from what I see, I must re-install Vista? Will I lose my docs and pics when I do this? -- ms_illusioned
May 28th 08 09:18 PM
by Brink Go to last post
1 309
New Installations / Security - Owner Permissions by Titanium
I have several hard drives in my machine. I generally find myself reinstalling Vista or well, any other OS over the years about every six months to have nice clean (as error free as possible) system running. What I have always done is gone into each drive's route and taken ownership of the contents of the drive. I believe that is the best way to actually still own your data - ha ha. Now all...
May 28th 08 06:48 PM
by Titanium Go to last post
0 293
quirky problem with hosts file by 1234vista1234
I recently started using my computer's hosts file. I am running Windows Vista Business. When I am logged in as the administrator, the hosts file functions perfectly (blocks websites I'm trying to block). However, when I am logged in as a user, the hosts file is being ignored. I have already flushed the dns cache. I also added a few url's that I had never visited before to the hosts file in...
May 28th 08 06:19 PM
by 1234vista1234 Go to last post
0 343
email by ron
can you send me the instructions on how to change my password?i forgot how to change it?thanks ron -- ron lanzilotta
May 28th 08 04:38 PM
by Dustin Harper Go to last post
1 362
New admin account by JohnA
Been using vista home premium v6 over one year and have never solved a problem with Internet explorer 7 displaying any history. Set up another user account and IE history works fine. I want to establish a new administrator account and delete the current one. Will this create new problems that are worse than my history file problem?
May 28th 08 02:26 PM
by JohnA Go to last post
0 263
Destination Folder Access Denied in SP1 by Stephen Saw
Hi, This is the first time I'm having this kind of permission issue on my Vista Ultimate machine. I'm logged on as Admistrator account, I had my SP1 installed and running smooth. Just recently, I trying to move one of my folder into the My Documents folder (I had pointed the path to my other drive's folder), it said access denied, I need permission to do that. I try to copy and paste, tried...
May 28th 08 02:14 PM
by GustavB Go to last post
1 419
email address by ron
i changed my email adress by mistake now i want to set it back to my old one.can you help me out?thanks ron -- ron lanzilotta
May 28th 08 01:21 PM
by t-4-2[_98_] Go to last post
1 316
Login Troubles by Danny Blake
Hi, I have tried to access my user account and it says to enter a password.. My account has never had a password before and i have tried to put in all the passwords i have used in the past. I am of Administrator level and the computer built in Administrator is disabled although i know the password. I cannot access my computer at all as the account i use is the only account on the computer..
May 27th 08 01:43 PM
by t-4-2[_98_] Go to last post
5 310
Out of system resources by bearshaz
not being computer literate could someone tell me what the following error message (that has only just started to appear) means & how I can fix it!!! Thanks
May 27th 08 05:34 AM
by bearshaz Go to last post
0 306
Administration by Peggy
I am the only one using my pc. How in the world do I change just to me accessing everything. I sure get tired of getting can't can't. Thanks
May 27th 08 02:25 AM
by Brink Go to last post
1 271
Cannot login to vista using domain account by CWestwater
I have a complicated issue that I hope someone can help me with. Basically I cannot seem to login using my domain account (Windows 2003 domain) when on any Vista machine (both pre and post SP1). I can login fine to any XP machine on the network along with the 2003 servers we have. When I type in my username and password in Vista I get the message "The username or password is incorrect". I...
May 27th 08 02:00 AM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
5 505
Help Please - Start Menu Programs Not Displayed by Walt
I have several Start Menu program groups (Accessories be one) that do not show in my list of Programs. However I can see them if I right click All Programs and select Open All Users. I can't determine why they are not listed when I click the Start button. One interesting piece of info is that the icon for Accessories in StartMenu\Programs has what appears to be two ?? marks or two tiny...
May 26th 08 10:01 PM
by Walt Go to last post
0 273
Adminstrator Access Required by Jarrod
Vista requires me to be an administrator to perform some functions. The problem I have is that I am an administrator already but it doesn't seem to recognise that...stuck!! Is this a software issue???Please help J
May 26th 08 12:33 PM
by t-4-2[_98_] Go to last post
7 341
standard account ICONs by mike_XP_Vista
When I create a standard user account for someone, their desktop has many icons for programs I don't want them to access. I think one way to fix that is to move those icons from the shared folders to my (admin) account folder, but isn't there a better way? Even if I move the icon to my admin folder, can't they access the programs through the start menu? How do I keep them from accessing...
May 25th 08 07:28 PM
by mike_XP_Vista Go to last post
3 345
itunes and standard user account by mike_XP_Vista
I installed itunes in my admin account and eveything works fine. However, for the standard user account I created, itunes opens fine but the library does not show up. It exists in C:\{admin account}\... Is there a way to have the path to itunes library recognized or accessible in the standard account? i would like to have all users of my Vista Ultimate machine have access to itunes and...
May 25th 08 07:24 PM
by mike_XP_Vista Go to last post
0 286
Detect Vista in Logon Script by Dave
How can we detect for Windows Vista in our Logon Script? Previously we could use OSVER.exe or even a 3rd party app OSVER61.exe to detect all versions of windows through Server 2003. When OSVER is run on Vista it returns nothing, not even unknown, just nothing. Is there a way to detect if a user is running Vista or not? Maybe a newer version of OSVER, or another command that we can run in...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 25th 08 06:01 PM
by shmoib Go to last post
11 538
2nd administrator account password probs preventing installations by coolactuary
I have Windows Home Premium 32-bit installed on a HP PC about 4 months old. __Background_(and_problem_1)_ Initially I had an admin account but that wouldn't lock - this was a problem with my 11 year old son in the background! HP advised that this was due to some corruption in the account settings. I therefore set up a user account and another admin account (both of which did lock). I wanted to...
May 25th 08 09:15 AM
by Brink Go to last post
1 341
Account resarted? by hellite
Okay here's the deal. Yesterday I closed my portable PC like every other day. When I started it today, it says preparing your desktop. When vista opened my account was restarted to default as if I just created it. I go in my document to find out they are gone. So I do a search of some files that were in my document to see if they were deleted. Well they are not and the path is exactly the one...
May 24th 08 05:16 PM
by hellite Go to last post

From The