Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Queries, comments and issues relating to the administration of Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Set up of User Accounts by sabbo
Please can anyone tell me how I set a second user account in a different language to the main (administrator) account. I want the main account in English but the second user account in Chinese. Thankyou
February 20th 10 05:12 PM
by Bruce Chambers Go to last post
2 621
Full Control to Users programmatically by vovan
My VB6 program is installed by setup created in InstallShield 12. Before Vista everything was working fine. On Vista one of the operations (replace file located in c:\program files\my program with another file) fails - my research showed me than there is an error 70, 'Access denied' After I set manually Full Control to Users of that machine everything works fine. Any advice how to set Full...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 20th 10 08:40 AM
by bkrajendra Go to last post
58 2,452
automatic add computername to username in vista home by overdam
I have a laptop with Vista home in a network. In this network there is also my server(QUBE3) and if I want to log on my computer automaically adds the computername to the username, so i cannot reach my server. Can somebody please help me -- overdam Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
February 16th 10 01:05 PM
by overdam Go to last post
0 579
automatic add computername to username in vista home by overdam
I have a laptop with Vista home in a network. In this network there is also my server(QUBE3) and if I want to log on my computer automaically adds the computername to the username, so i cannot reach my server. Can somebody please help me -- overdam Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
February 16th 10 01:05 PM
by overdam Go to last post
0 434
Defense Against Boot Disks? by Jmuetz
I have several users that keep using a linux boot disk to reset the administrator password. Short of encrypting the entire disk with a program like Safeboot, is there anyway I can stop them? My thought is maybe moving the registry hive that stores the passwords? is that possible, or would the linux boot disk be able to see them where ever I move them? Any suggestions are appreciated
February 12th 10 07:18 PM
by David B.[_3_] Go to last post
4 540
Defense Against Boot Disks? by Jmuetz
I have several users that keep using a linux boot disk to reset the administrator password. Short of encrypting the entire disk with a program like Safeboot, is there anyway I can stop them? My thought is maybe moving the registry hive that stores the passwords? is that possible, or would the linux boot disk be able to see them where ever I move them? Any suggestions are appreciated
February 10th 10 09:48 PM
by Jmuetz Go to last post
0 452
test by Heather Brook Havard
February 8th 10 02:24 PM
by David B.[_3_] Go to last post
1 428
Can not reset admin password under safe mode due to password policy? by john
Hi, all. I'll have to log into the default administrator account, because I can not do anything under the current standard user account status. I went to the safe mode, and tried to log into the admin account, but the password is forgotten. I built the reset password USB disk under the account before. Now I follow the instructions for resetting the password. However, the window popped up, and it...
February 3rd 10 09:56 PM
by Oceana Go to last post
1 393
Can not reset admin password under safe mode due to password polic by Oceana
Hello John, Like I mentioned with Gil Graf above this message, try this: In the elevated command prompt, type net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter Regards, "john" wrote:
February 3rd 10 09:56 PM
by Oceana Go to last post
0 571
W7: Admin account deactivated - locked out by Gil Graf
Hi, just installed W7 Ultimate and made a mistake, I guess. During setup procedure I created the account "Jose" and customized the OS with this account, as I'm doing this for 20 years now. After finishing I removed administrative rights from this account and went ahead to customize the administrators desktop. But when I type in "Administrator" on logon screen, Windows says "Administrator is...
February 3rd 10 09:54 PM
by Oceana Go to last post
4 584
guest account & language hot keys by Shachar2
New computer Installed vista ultimate 64 bit enabled guest account with a password when guest logs in he's unable to switch a language. I've discovered that the language hot key is set to none and can't be assigned. I'm talking about control panel - 'clock, language and region' - 'change keyboards or other input methods' - 'change keyboards' under the 'keyboards
February 2nd 10 01:37 PM
by chachi Go to last post
2 468
Häßlich buckel entlich by S. Effe
Moin, hast Du diese E-Mail erhalte? Wenn ja, antworte mal bitte! DANKE. Cheffe
February 2nd 10 01:06 PM
by S. Effe Go to last post
0 395
help me pls to remove parental control by michealsean
hi all pro my damn sister have block all install thing and game using parental control.... how can disable it or remove pls help me email at tq:confused: -- michealsean
February 1st 10 10:29 PM
by michealsean Go to last post
0 500
help me pls to remove parental control by michealsean
hi all pro my damn sister have block all install thing and game using parental control.... how can disable it or remove pls help me email at tq:confused: -- michealsean
February 1st 10 10:29 PM
by michealsean Go to last post
0 412
lost windows vista administrator password by jenh
please help i have windows vista home edition i set up a administrator account and i lost the password, my comp is worthless now as i cant download any new software and i need it for work! -- jenh ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jenh's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=33115 View this thread:...
February 1st 10 09:29 AM
by BebeLiv Go to last post
2 498
Lost Administrator privileges on single-user computer by Friendly-Fellow
While trying to download a program recommended by PC Magazine, I got an error message related to UAC. I turned off UAC and it changed me from an Administrator to a Standard User. I have not found a way to restore my Administrator role. As a result, I can't use MSconfig, or System Restore, and protected mode stays turned off. I opened UAC but it won't let me turn on UAC or change back to an...
February 1st 10 07:46 AM
by Sunflower2010 Go to last post
2 487
Change ownership - Vista Business edition by RonOB
I'm running Vista Business edition on a laptop I just purchased secondhand. When I start up I have two option to start as - I think is is "Account Controller" (I think this is the same as administrator) or as "User". User, is the name that I think the previous owner changed the original user name to when he deleted all files etc off the laptop, I say this because if I go to the command...
January 28th 10 02:22 PM
by RonOB Go to last post
0 398
Mom (ME) screwed up! by melvanhouse
Imade an acct adm profile on my sons computer and have forgotten my password, my son wants to kill me (not litterally) and I am upset we can not even download the new software for his new camera gotten for christmas. I am a single mom on disability and cannot afford what the people want to maybe fix it (his words not mine) can any one help us? -- melvanhouse
January 28th 10 05:13 AM
by Brink Go to last post
2 562
Mom (ME) screwed up! by melvanhouse
Imade an acct adm profile on my sons computer and have forgotten my password, my son wants to kill me (not litterally) and I am upset we can not even download the new software for his new camera gotten for christmas. I am a single mom on disability and cannot afford what the people want to maybe fix it (his words not mine) can any one help us? -- melvanhouse
January 28th 10 04:51 AM
by melvanhouse Go to last post
0 386
Code 19 by Thel
cd install attempt. This message appears. Windows cannot start this device because its configuration information is incomplete or damaged in registry. How do I fix? azdumbo
January 25th 10 03:27 AM
by d3aths3rver Go to last post

From The