Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Queries, comments and issues relating to the administration of Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Windows 7 Upgrade by urvashi Beniwal
Hi I have Trail version of Windows 7 on my computer and I want to Upgrade to Latest of Windows 7 . So please suggest me the steps upgrade from trial version Beta to latest of Windows 7? Thanks
January 4th 10 10:50 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
6 348
Windows 7 Upgrade by urvashi Beniwal
Hi I have Trail version of Windows 7 on my computer and I want to Upgrade to Latest of Windows 7 . So please suggest me the steps upgrade from trial version Beta to latest of Windows 7? Thanks
January 4th 10 12:17 PM
by urvashi Beniwal Go to last post
0 135
"What's the deal UAC? This info will help. by Richard
I need to boot directly from hibernate or sleep into a running program, without the USERNAME icon appearing and requiring a keystroke from me. I have my computer set to automatically wake up at 9AM and start trading stocks on an automated protram basis. Please Help or direct me to remove that Icon from appearing. "Chad Harris" wrote: In addition to Jimmy's always extremely well written...
December 31st 09 08:58 AM
by Camper Go to last post
1 161
ANS: "What's the deal with UAC (Windows Needs Your Permission scre by Richard
"Jimmy Brush" wrote: Hello, I've noticed that a lot of the questions in these newsgroups are either directly or indirectly related to UAC (User Account Control). In this post, I will go over what UAC does, how it works, the reasoning behind it, how to use your computer with UAC on, why you shouldn't turn UAC off, and answer some common questions and respond to common...
December 30th 09 07:43 PM
by Richard Go to last post
0 127
Restricting User Access Hours by Zakhary
I'm not sure if I understand the steps entirely with this option... 1) Install PsTools (which includes PsLoggedon) from http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896649.aspx 2) In cmd, key in all that that you entered... @echo off "c:\RestrictedFolder\psloggedon.exe" | find /i "xxx" || goto :eof shutdown.exe /s /f /t 3 Where "xxx" is?
December 29th 09 06:42 PM
by Pegasus [MVP] Go to last post
2 324
Restricting User Access Hours by Zakhary
I'm not sure if I understand the steps entirely with this option... 1) Install PsTools (which includes PsLoggedon) from http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896649.aspx 2) In cmd, key in all that that you entered... @echo off "c:\RestrictedFolder\psloggedon.exe" | find /i "xxx" || goto :eof shutdown.exe /s /f /t 3 Where "xxx" is?
December 29th 09 06:23 PM
by Zakhary Go to last post
0 153
Restricting User Access Hours by Zakhary
So far, all replies have referred either to internet-specific hour restrictions via making changes on the router or links and suggestions on searching through a search engine or forum. 1) I am interested in restricting full computer access on a per user or per group basis; not just internet and not on a per computer or house-wide basis. 2) Searching the internet was tried before coming here...
December 29th 09 02:01 PM
by Shenan Stanley Go to last post
6 223
Restricting User Access Hours by Zakhary
So far, all replies have referred either to internet-specific hour restrictions via making changes on the router or links and suggestions on searching through a search engine or forum. 1) I am interested in restricting full computer access on a per user or per group basis; not just internet and not on a per computer or house-wide basis. 2) Searching the internet was tried before coming here...
December 29th 09 10:06 AM
by Zakhary Go to last post
0 149
corrupted profile - blank desktop by ricardo.l
After logon, I only see an empty destop, and I can access the task manager by CTRL-ALT_DEL. I could run a sfc/scannow, which went fine but no improvements. I am sure my profile is corrupted but I am not able to access control panel to create a new one. Everything is loaded correctly in processes list. Where can I find a procedure to solve this issue? thx alot
December 29th 09 07:53 AM
by songhoe Go to last post
4 267
Restricting User Access Hours by Zakhary
I'm not sure where to post this, so have posted it a few places. As a parent, I would like my children to not be able to use the computers during certain hours of the night. There are two computers: one operates on XP; the other on Vista I was looking through the User Account and Computer Management console to see if there was a way to establish user or group policies that restricted...
December 29th 09 03:55 AM
by Zakhary Go to last post
0 211
Restricting User Access Hours by Zakhary
I'm not sure where to post this, so have posted it a few places. As a parent, I would like my children to not be able to use the computers during certain hours of the night. There are two computers: one operates on XP; the other on Vista I was looking through the User Account and Computer Management console to see if there was a way to establish user or group policies that restricted...
December 29th 09 03:55 AM
by Zakhary Go to last post
0 113
Cannot open User Accounts & Family Support by htralphssweetie
I click on it and nothing happens...Sometimes I will click and the outline of the box will flash on the screen but it never opens. This is my husbands laptop so I wanted to make myself a username but I cant. The Windows Updater does the same thing. Flashes like its trying to open, but never does. Im at my wits end here! HELP!
December 29th 09 01:59 AM
by kitesforsale Go to last post
8 337
incorrect password after installing new automatic updates windows vista by michaelbinon
About 3-4 months ago, I purchased a laptop with Windows Vista as operating system. From time to time, I receive automatic updates from Windows. For the last updates I allowed, in order for the new updates to be installed, I needed to restart my computer. I did so, and then I was asked to enter my admn passord, which I know of very well. And that is where the problem is. I keep on receiving...
December 28th 09 01:45 AM
by ychfti[_2_] Go to last post
5 265
resetting vista password ive tried everthing by xr64d
hi, my uncle has a acer aspire 4710 laptop, and his mate thought he'd be funny by putting passwords on it when he was drunk haha, anyways passwords have been forgotten. there is a password on bios and the system isnt set to boot off cd or flash so i am un able to use any bootable software, administrator and guest acc's are not active only 1 account " user " but they cant remember the pass. he...
December 27th 09 09:10 AM
by xr64d Go to last post
4 247
resetting vista password ive tried everthing by xr64d
hi, my uncle has a acer aspire 4710 laptop, and his mate thought he'd be funny by putting passwords on it when he was drunk haha, anyways passwords have been forgotten. there is a password on bios and the system isnt set to boot off cd or flash so i am un able to use any bootable software, administrator and guest acc's are not active only 1 account " user " but they cant remember the pass. he...
December 27th 09 07:04 AM
by xr64d Go to last post
0 126
Forgotten Vista password by [email protected]
Hi, I had bought a new Laptop: -make Lenovo. One Administrator account and one Guest account. I am unable to login the Administrator account. Any way to reset the same.
December 26th 09 09:46 AM
by Alexisxy[_5_] Go to last post
3 229
Installer can't create shortcuts in Start Menu by TEPonta
Suddenly, wheever I try to install anything, I get as far as the step where shortcuts are created and the installer informs me it doesn't have permission to continue. It says it can't access the folder where the shortcuts go. Hitting retry repeatedly doesn't change anything, so my only option it to cancel. R-Clicking and running as administrator doesn't help. Taking ownership of the Users...
December 21st 09 06:28 PM
by TEPonta Go to last post
0 114
Installer can't create shortcuts in Start Menu by TEPonta
Suddenly, wheever I try to install anything, I get as far as the step where shortcuts are created and the installer informs me it doesn't have permission to continue. It says it can't access the folder where the shortcuts go. Hitting retry repeatedly doesn't change anything, so my only option it to cancel. R-Clicking and running as administrator doesn't help. Taking ownership of the Users...
December 21st 09 06:28 PM
by TEPonta Go to last post
0 212
Windows 7 trouble by Zero[_2_]
I cant log into any of my accounts on windows 7 after my Operating system was hacked and cloned and remoted but the accounts are still on there does anyone know how to fix that the ASPNET account is on there would that have the same password as other machines since its a system account?
December 21st 09 02:22 PM
by David B.[_3_] Go to last post
2 240
Windows 7 trouble by Zero[_2_]
I cant log into any of my accounts on windows 7 after my Operating system was hacked and cloned and remoted but the accounts are still on there does anyone know how to fix that the ASPNET account is on there would that have the same password as other machines since its a system account?
December 19th 09 09:23 PM
by Zero[_2_] Go to last post

From The