Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Queries, comments and issues relating to the administration of Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Forgot My Password by zero696
Ok i have forgotten my password to my account i cant log in is there any way i can log in to my computer i also dont have the reset password disks and when i try F8 and do (repair your Computer) it still ask for the password i dont remember so is there any way i can log??? -- zero696
December 18th 09 05:46 PM
by David B.[_3_] Go to last post
6 456
Forgot My Password by zero696
Ok i have forgotten my password to my account i cant log in is there any way i can log in to my computer i also dont have the reset password disks and when i try F8 and do (repair your Computer) it still ask for the password i dont remember so is there any way i can log??? -- zero696
December 17th 09 10:31 PM
by zero696 Go to last post
0 298
I'm not an administrator when UAC enabled by Vic
Hello, I don't know if this is the right place to post this question but if not may someone could advise me where would be a better place. I have a VB6 application that creates an ODBC System datasource on the fly. However, with UAC enabled it will not create the ODBC datasource. I believe the problem may be associated with the fact that it thinks I am not an Administrator (with UAC on)...
December 15th 09 12:48 AM
by Vic Go to last post
2 398
I'm not an administrator when UAC enabled by Vic
Hello, I don't know if this is the right place to post this question but if not may someone could advise me where would be a better place. I have a VB6 application that creates an ODBC System datasource on the fly. However, with UAC enabled it will not create the ODBC datasource. I believe the problem may be associated with the fact that it thinks I am not an Administrator (with UAC on)...
December 14th 09 05:29 PM
by Vic Go to last post
0 296
Administrator Account Runs Incredibly Slowly by lngrid
That pretty much sums it up. When I log on as admin, I get at least a minute of delay when I try to start a program, resize a window, click an icon in the taskbar, click a window in the taskbar, click a link in the quicklaunch bar or close a window. During the delay I can move the cursor, but mouse clicks and keyboard response are greatly delayed. Please let me know how to describe it better if...
December 13th 09 11:00 PM
by lngrid[_2_] Go to last post
2 325
incorrect password after installing new automatic updates windows vista by michaelbinon
About 3-4 months ago, I purchased a laptop with Windows Vista as operating system. From time to time, I receive automatic updates from Windows. For the last updates I allowed, in order for the new updates to be installed, I needed to restart my computer. I did so, and then I was asked to enter my admn passord, which I know of very well. And that is where the problem is. I keep on receiving...
December 6th 09 11:09 PM
by michaelbinon Go to last post
0 300
"The Group Policy Client service failed the logon. Access is denie by WJB
Hi, I was noline with Symantec Tech Support and the agent made a change to my system without realizing it, and now I cannot login to my account. I get the above message. What does it mean and how can I get it resolved? I can log in as Admin, except that the system seems to be an order of magnitude slower compared to before this online session. I also tried to restore the system to several...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 6th 09 10:51 AM
by Flavius Go to last post
12 757
Windows Explorer by Lancelot
The organization of Vista on my notebook is taking much longer than expected, what with taking ownership of my own computer and all that stuff, just so that I can clean up and install some additional software. Could someone please help me with the following simple problem before I go round the twist: Why doesn't the overall view of Windows Explorer show neither the default nor the last...
December 5th 09 09:46 PM
by Lancelot Go to last post
2 336
Windows Explorer by Lancelot
The organization of Vista on my notebook is taking much longer than expected, what with taking ownership of my own computer and all that stuff, just so that I can clean up and install some additional software. Could someone please help me with the following simple problem before I go round the twist: Why doesn't the overall view of Windows Explorer show neither the default nor the last...
December 5th 09 08:29 PM
by Lancelot Go to last post
0 277
Getting access to system areas. by Steve
After re-installing Vista Home Premium, I cannot get access to parts of the disk I need to get to, even though my account type is Administrator. For example, Windows Explorer gives an error message when try to get to C:\Documents and Settings. "Location not available. Access is Denied" . Same for C:\Users\Steve\Application Data but there is a file there I *need* to delete. Please help....
December 4th 09 09:56 PM
by Michael Walraven[_3_] Go to last post
6 331
Getting access to system areas. by Steve
After re-installing Vista Home Premium, I cannot get access to parts of the disk I need to get to, even though my account type is Administrator. For example, Windows Explorer gives an error message when try to get to C:\Documents and Settings. "Location not available. Access is Denied" . Same for C:\Users\Steve\Application Data but there is a file there I *need* to delete. Please help....
December 4th 09 06:55 PM
by Steve Go to last post
0 234
folder passwords by lunny
is there away of putting a password on a new folder?
December 4th 09 05:17 PM
by severin Go to last post
5 427
prompt for admin name and password by [email protected]
Hi, I'm trying to set up a Vista Enterprise box, fully patched and on a domain so that when I right click on an app and then click on Run as administrator it prompts me for a user name and a password. I login with a non-privileged domain account and need to elevate to an account that has admin privileges on the domain and locally. I know it is possible because that is how my current computer...
December 2nd 09 08:03 AM
by Michael Armstrong Go to last post
8 406
administration_accounts_passwords by visscher
wednesday 11-03-'09 I never payed much attention to register for an (administrator)account/password, because I was the only user, and always arrived direcly to the office-disk, when starting the computer. But now, when triing to install new (pinacle) software, I am summoned to log in as a administrator. I made an account + password, but I am still not acknowladged as an administrator.
December 1st 09 04:38 PM
by Xavier[_4_] Go to last post
3 343
Extend C:Drive by dreamsubmitting
Hello Everybody, I just search for option to extend c: space i got this thread on this forum..http://www.vistax64.com/vista-account-administration/202663-extend-c-drive.html No my 15GB space is dump...i am getting this error..there is not enough space available on the disk s to complete this operation Waiting for quick reply.. dEEP :zip:
December 1st 09 11:14 AM
by dreamsubmitting Go to last post
0 347
Extend C:Drive by dreamsubmitting
Hello Everybody, I just search for option to extend c: space i got this thread on this forum..http://www.vistax64.com/vista-account-administration/202663-extend-c-drive.html No my 15GB space is dump...i am getting this error..there is not enough space available on the disk s to complete this operation Waiting for quick reply.. dEEP :zip:
December 1st 09 11:14 AM
by dreamsubmitting Go to last post
0 285
Change Partition Size by antnym5
I recently purchased a new PC with 250G HDD, with Vista. Dell formatted 10G for a recovery partition, and left the remaining ~240Gig for the OS. I have used the Shrink function to decrease that 240Gig to create a new partition(s), but the shrink function lets me decrease the size by only ~88gig. Which means I now have my partitions as such (C:) at ~150gig, (D:) at 10Gig and (e:) at 88gig....
December 1st 09 09:05 AM
by fushun Go to last post
6 412
Locked Myself Out Of Admin Account by Terra
I have searched and searched for a solution on this and to no avail. I had just the one admin user account and wanted to add another, I wanted the extra one to be the admin one and the original I set with standard user and parental control. Now there is no admin account when I go to switch user, I have tried in safe mode and several other suggestions but what happens is that becoz I have set...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 29th 09 04:20 PM
by tc4JC Go to last post
16 842
task manager by Kati
I am trying to use my task manager and it says "task manager has been disabled by the administrator." I am the only one on my computer and also titled the administrator. How do i get access to task manager again?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 27th 09 07:09 AM
by sbarthmd Go to last post
13 735
Problem with host script engine by p.o
I 've problem with .vbs file. When I'm trying run any script I got message that is problem with my host srcipt engine, and there is no engine for .vbs file. I've windows vista without sp1. Thanks
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 23rd 09 03:05 PM
by walta007 Go to last post

From The