Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Queries, comments and issues relating to the administration of Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Vista Home Admin issues by Michaelm1372
My laptop hase Vista Home, recently I have not been able to access things on my laptop. When trying to access control panel or run any programs I get and error stating, 'you do not have admistrator permissions to complete this action 'or something like that. Sometimes rebooting it helps, but then it goes back to not allowing me to run or access anything but the internet. 'Run as...
January 23rd 08 09:31 AM
by f/fgeorge Go to last post
1 262
Switch to Windows XP by jean
I'd sur elove to do that...been looking on info of how to do it. I've had nothing but trouble.. everything I owned was not compatible.. I bought myself a laptop for Christmas and made sure i put xp on it.. Now t he vista is just collecting dust and it's not even a year old!! "Access Services" wrote: Lets all switch to Windows XP(or downgrade). It'll make your life much easier. We...
January 23rd 08 05:43 AM
by DarkSentinel Go to last post
6 317
ANS: "What's the deal with UAC (Windows Needs Your Permission scre by Steffer
I am trying to install office 2007. The launcher says that it must be run by an administrator. When I right click on this file in the dvd drive there is no choice that says run as administrator. Now what?? "Jimmy Brush" wrote: Hello, I've noticed that a lot of the questions in these newsgroups are either directly or indirectly related to UAC (User Account Control). In this post,
January 23rd 08 02:48 AM
by ~Alex~.:MVP Windows Shell/User:. Go to last post
2 293
Access denied by Gabo
I lost acces to drive c: I cant acces as administrator I cant take ownership of drive C I have the windows vista ultimate dvd and i cant reinstall Vista The drive c shows no information Who can help?
January 23rd 08 01:11 AM
by alessio Go to last post
1 206
"You need permission to perform this action" by Tryin_to_Learn
I'm so frustrated. I'm trying to do such simple things -- I transfer a file from my external harddrive to my new computer. Then I try to rename it or delete it and get the "You need permission" run-around. I'm the only user of this machine and it's an administrator account so it makes no sense to me. Then with another folder, I renamed it and all went well. Then I tried to rename it a second...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 22nd 08 11:05 PM
by Cher (BIRDWISE)[_2_] Go to last post
11 361
administrator by lilj
it wont let me sign in to an administrator account or use anything that needs the password
January 22nd 08 10:39 PM
by brink[_2890_] Go to last post
1 268
Itune by Strider
Try registering the vbscript runtime dll. Please follow the following steps: 1. Start Menu - All Programs - Accessories - *Command Prompt * 2. Type *cd C:\Windows\System32* and press enter. 3. Type *regsvr32 vbscript.dll* and press enter. Try Uninstalling now. -----------------------------
January 22nd 08 03:47 PM
by Strider Go to last post
0 296
the system administrator has policies set to prevent this installa by JAnderson
If i try to uninstall ANYTHING on my Computer AMD Athlon 64 FX 62 DUal Core Processor 2.81 GHZ 2047 MB RAM nForce590SLI Mainboard Nvidia Geforce 7950GT GFX card (Vista Ultimate x64) I get this annoying message. "the system administrator has policies set to prevent this installation"
January 21st 08 11:38 PM
by MIC Go to last post
3 234
Vista blocks Google Group File Upload browser by ChrisSeebregts
I have aLenovo X61 notebook with Windows Vista Ultimate and Firefox 5.0 installed. When I select the Upload File feature in my Google Groups, the `Browse' button seems to be blocked as it doesn't appear. However, it does work on my PC running Windoes XP. Appreciate any help in unblocking this. Thanks Chris
January 21st 08 08:05 PM
by ChrisSeebregts Go to last post
0 232
Wont let me move FOLDERS administrator prob by Lunar Larry
Ok I just got my computer made my account wich is administrator and I was copying my old files from my old XP pc to my new VISTA one .... but when I tried to move the folders it said I needed to be the administrator to do that .... but I am ... so My files dont delete or even move because I dont have permission ... why is this...
January 21st 08 07:17 PM
by Moeketsi Go to last post
2 232
Password Issue by Justice
Well I've had this issue for a while now. I make a new password and restart my computer but I am never asked for a password and my computer goes straight to my desktop. This is my only user account and it is an administrator. I remember once a while back I did something with Windows PassPort when I was running Windows XP Professional. So if anyone has any Idea how to fix this, that would be...
January 21st 08 01:08 PM
by Justice Go to last post
1 246
Vista backup by Flintstone
Vista´s backup requires administrator-level user rights. How can I use it with normal user rights. All I want to do, is backup my personal files. I can´t find any reason, why this operation needs administrator-leve rights. In WinXP it works as it should. Vista´s backup is practically a BIG joke. I don´t think that in big organisation normal users will have administrator-level rights. If...
January 21st 08 06:36 AM
by Flintstone Go to last post
0 260
Parental Controls not Opening by CoFaulty
I am running Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit on a laptop with 2.4Ghz dual core Intel CPU, and 4GB of ram. There is currently only one account on the laptop, set at administrator level. I am attempting to set up an user-level account with restricted access to programs. I created an account just fine, but when I click on "Set Up Parental Controls for Any User" from the main control panel window,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 21st 08 03:35 AM
by brink[_2873_] Go to last post
12 416
user folders by mg
when setting up the intial users on my vista...mitakes were made..and than users were deleted...but in the user list i see all these empty folders and i cant seem to delete them...error saying folder is being used...not sure how to close the program being used or how to remove these folders....
January 20th 08 11:32 PM
by mg Go to last post
0 265
Manage Accounts box is blank by Larry C
Hello, I have had this problem for a bit but now it is becoming an issue. I am the Admin my Windows Vista home premium. I created 2 other accounts. When I go to Control Panel - User Accounts - Manage Accounts the box where the other accounts are supposed is blank. Anyone have an idea what is going on and how I fix it? One of the other accounts password no longer works and I need to fix...
January 20th 08 02:49 PM
by Larry C Go to last post
0 234
Parental Controls Question by Disdamn
I have a young daughter who uses a vista ultimate PC. I've set up parental controls, but I'm most concerned about Instant Messaging, web cams, and IM chatting with strangers, etc... I don't want to restrict her use of it, except for the logon hours allowed. But I do want to use the Instant Message Tracking in the Activity Viewer. She's using Windows Live Messenger, which I should assume be...
January 20th 08 09:34 AM
by Jenne Go to last post
4 215
This is a test by Joel Kaminsky
I just wanted to see if this posts
January 20th 08 04:55 AM
by Joel Kaminsky Go to last post
0 356
Forgot Password vista login by Trim Die Designer[_2_]
I have a laptop with windows vista. I had reset my password and now when I try to boot up, I cant. Is there any way of getting into my computer without a hatchet? Forget about changing something in the start button, I cant get there until I get logged on. Thanks for any help.
January 19th 08 11:13 PM
by Trim Die Designer[_2_] Go to last post
0 252
Password required Popup by Stevie
I've been trying to download some software from the internet, and Vista keeps blocking it with a Pop up box saying "Windows needs your permission to continue - Type administrator password". But there's no box to type the password in! Also, both accounts (Admin and User) seem to be operating in Standard mode, so I can't operate the Administrator (and every time I try to, the Pop up box...
January 19th 08 06:39 PM
by cb Go to last post
1 216
Administrator Privileges - Catch 22 - AARGH! by Sidebar Seeker
I am trying to get the sidebar to work (I've never used Vista before). When I try to activate the Sidebar, I am told that "Windows Sidebar is managed by the System Administrator". But I AM THE SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR! Indeed, I haven't installed any other accounts on the system, as I'm the only user. What kind of mainframe stalinist system is this???? Anybody who can help me please.
January 19th 08 08:52 AM
by Sidebar Seeker[_2_] Go to last post

From The