Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Explorer views change from saved settings randomly by Adam Sandler
Hello: I'm running 32 bit Vista Home Basic. From Explorer, I have set the view for files and folders to details, sorted by type, and in Tools | Folder Options | View and clicked on Apply to Folders. The problem I'm having is every now and again, Explorer decides to display it how it it wants... often showing my files in the large icon view, and putting the tags, rating, and date taken columns...
December 15th 09 12:41 AM
by CrucialHoax Go to last post
6 399
Explorer views change from saved settings randomly by Adam Sandler
Hello: I'm running 32 bit Vista Home Basic. From Explorer, I have set the view for files and folders to details, sorted by type, and in Tools | Folder Options | View and clicked on Apply to Folders. The problem I'm having is every now and again, Explorer decides to display it how it it wants... often showing my files in the large icon view, and putting the tags, rating, and date taken columns...
December 14th 09 01:06 AM
by Adam Sandler Go to last post
0 275
Extension Popup by S Murder
Everytime I try to rename an extension Windows asks me if I'm sure I want to. Is there any way to disable that dialog?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 12th 09 09:13 PM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
11 581
C Disc recovery at Year End by Gene L.
I am currently using the Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit operating system. At the end of this year, I would like to do a full C Disk recovery to get rid of some old garbage and inactive programs. I have the original installation discs for all my Microsoft applications and other programs. I have also backed up other files so I can reinstall them. I do have some e-mail files, however, in...
December 9th 09 06:56 PM
by kword88 Go to last post
8 477
C Disc recovery at Year End by Gene L.
I am currently using the Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit operating system. At the end of this year, I would like to do a full C Disk recovery to get rid of some old garbage and inactive programs. I have the original installation discs for all my Microsoft applications and other programs. I have also backed up other files so I can reinstall them. I do have some e-mail files, however, in...
December 9th 09 01:00 PM
by Gene L. Go to last post
0 273
The disappearance of local disk (D:) after full system recovery in Vista Home Premium by Killborn
Lesson learned the hardway: After accidentally deleting a number of bios settings, and receiving an error message that read: Your Operating Sytem is missing., when simply trying to change the boot sequence order of my OS, I reinstalled Windows Vista Home Premium with the OS disk and the apps. and drivers from the recovery disks I had made shortly after purchase. I was not aware that running this...
December 8th 09 07:13 PM
by zilvinas Go to last post
4 300
Win7: Cannot delete a file by Jeffrey Kaplan
If there is a Windows 7 newsgroup, I cannot find it. In one of my directories is a file that cannot be deleted. It is zero bytes big, and when I try to delete it, Windows 7 (Home Premium x64) tells me that it cannot because it's not found. The error dialog is titled "Item not found" and the error message is: Could not find this item This is no longer located in {name of directory}. Verify...
December 8th 09 02:22 PM
by Jeffrey Kaplan Go to last post
0 267
burning error code 0xeb020b9c by Robert A Ely
Is this a Vista glitch and if so how can I fix it? While copying a data dvd or even a data cd I get this error code. I have used the same brand of DVD or CDs before when I had Windows XP with no problems. Using Cyberlink Power2Go no help from their techs.
December 7th 09 09:17 AM
by Hank Arnold Go to last post
1 736
burning error code 0xeb020b9c by Robert A Ely
Is this a Vista glitch and if so how can I fix it? While copying a data dvd or even a data cd I get this error code. I have used the same brand of DVD or CDs before when I had Windows XP with no problems. Using Cyberlink Power2Go no help from their techs.
December 6th 09 02:21 PM
by Robert A Ely Go to last post
0 248
Resizing All Columns in Explorer by Steven M
This seems to be a bit of a puzzle. If I right click on 'Name' and select 'Resize All Columns To Fit', I would expect all columns to be resized in all my folders. However that's not the case it only resizes the folder you are in. Does anyone know a work around as this is annoying as I copy and paste into folders all the time and find that I'm constantly resizing the...
December 6th 09 01:14 PM
by notrandom Go to last post
2 406
Single folder disappeared from desktop! by TeamReg
Hi guys, Im new to the forums, Ive browsed here before & think its great! I would really appreciate some help with a problem I have... Yesterday a folder on my desktop completely vanished, it contained some important photos, and after trying quite a few different ways of locating it Ive had no luck as of yet... The folder on my desktop was called 'Mannequin', containing about 30
December 5th 09 09:06 PM
by TeamReg Go to last post
0 248
File Encrytion by Gene L.
Is there a way to encrypt all the files on my hard drive? I know my word processing and spreadsheet files have a Microsoft Office option but how about e-mails and other non-Microsoft applications? If not, what is the best way to wipe my hard drive completely clean? Many thanks for your suggestions. Gene L.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 5th 09 06:20 PM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
16 666
System Restore 12 mins to load by MPS[_2_]
Hi all, one of our Vista Home Premium SP1 4GB, lots of disc, repeatedly takes 12 minutes to load System Restore. Once loaded all functions behave allright. Max. size is limited to 15GB using cmd vssadmin Resize ShadowStorage /On=: /For=: /Maxsize= Is it normal to load that long?
December 4th 09 01:32 PM
by MPS[_2_] Go to last post
8 457
It is all gone!!! by mrskrabitz
Please tell me I can find my files... PLEASE... So I went to bed last night and Microsoft sent an update. I woke this morning, logged in and my desktop appeared to have been reset. Upon further investigation, I find that all my files are GONE... music, photos, outlook .pst..... everything.... it's like Vista has been recently loaded onto my computer... gone gone gone... everything. I did a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 3rd 09 07:47 AM
by wangdong Go to last post
14 677
File Encrytion by Gene L.
Is there a way to encrypt all the files on my hard drive? I know my word processing and spreadsheet files have a Microsoft Office option but how about e-mails and other non-Microsoft applications? If not, what is the best way to wipe my hard drive completely clean? Many thanks for your suggestions. Gene L.
December 2nd 09 04:11 PM
by Gene L. Go to last post
0 275
cant find saved file by Track
after changing an email attachment I saved it and now have no idea how to find it on my comp. it is not in my docs?? any idea where to find it
December 2nd 09 02:16 PM
by yjbonner Go to last post
5 396
Copying into System Folder by xochie
Hey there, I was wondering how do you give yourself permission to -copy- into a system folder in Vista? Thanks. -- xochie Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 1st 09 07:53 PM
by Bob Go to last post
14 681
Copying into System Folder by xochie
Hey there, I was wondering how do you give yourself permission to -copy- into a system folder in Vista? Thanks. -- xochie Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
November 29th 09 01:57 AM
by xochie Go to last post
0 295
convert swf to avi for embeding into powerpoint by Christiankp
how can i convert swf to avi and insert it to ppt? anyone tried before? plz tell me the detail steps. Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums
November 26th 09 12:07 PM
by Blumzz Go to last post
8 407
It is all gone!!! by mrskrabitz
Please tell me I can find my files... PLEASE... So I went to bed last night and Microsoft sent an update. I woke this morning, logged in and my desktop appeared to have been reset. Upon further investigation, I find that all my files are GONE... music, photos, outlook .pst..... everything.... it's like Vista has been recently loaded onto my computer... gone gone gone... everything. I did a...
November 25th 09 01:50 PM
by mrskrabitz Go to last post

From The