Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Hyperlinks Broken To Files With Spaces In The Names by Ken at LHA
Why is it that when clicking on my hyperlinks to files containing spaces in their titles, the result I get is as follows: ************************************* The address is not valid Most likely causes: There might be a typing error in the address. If you clicked on a link, it may be out of date. What you can try:
April 16th 07 07:30 PM
by Mike Matheny Go to last post
2 146
I can find my files. by heatherlee42208
I am a college student and I just got a new laptop. The laptop has Vista on it. everytime I try to upload or attach a file I click on the browse button but none of m files are anywhere to be found. I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem. I am sure it is something I am doing wong but any help is great.
June 16th 07 02:24 AM
by TomLives2000 Go to last post
1 132
i can not create new folder by khalid
when i need to create new folder in any location (desktop,drive c.......etc) when i press right click the menue and select new the menue that appear does not conain the option of new folder pllllz i need help -- khalid
June 12th 07 07:54 AM
by brink Go to last post
1 164
I can not find the FAX Program in Vista by BernieJ
Hello, I am new to Vista and send and receive many Fax. In other versions of windows there was a Fax Program that I used extensively. I can not find FAX Program in Vista, can someone please help me find if it is in Vista or give me the Windows link to download. Please be as detailed as possible as I am not a computer techy. Thanks for your help Bernie
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 18th 09 09:34 PM
by Randall Flagg Go to last post
13 524
I can nto create a shortcut by nicholas hall
I do not know why but when I right click and select new shortcut nothing happens. As this is the first time I have tried to create a shortcut I do not know when or what I did to cause it, or maybe it is not what I have done? Any help, info or advice would be gratefully received. NIK
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 20th 07 09:36 PM
by nicholas hall Go to last post
12 249
I can't add URL's to favorites folder by DavePie
If I go to www.yahoo.com, then click on Favorites, then ADD to favorites then click add. I get box with Name: Yahoo, Created in: Favorites. Then I get Error: Unable to create 'Yahoo!": Unspecified Error. I can delete, modify or rename any item in the favorites list though. Just can't add a new one? Any ideas? -- DavePieNaples
January 4th 08 04:51 AM
by Ramesh, MS-MVP Go to last post
6 222
i can't associate a file type with a specific program by gerol
I was wondering my .torrent files is not associated with its default program. I have already tried the "Associate a file type or protocol with a specific program" but it doesn't detect or add my selected program on the list. Why is that? the program that I want to be associated with it is utorrent. HOW can i do that? Please answer my question... thx
April 14th 07 10:31 PM
by mikeyhsd Go to last post
1 122
I can't change a thing; by Teddygrams
I just bought a new HP from Staples... I is was floor model. I renamed it to my name, but there is a hidden Staples folder witch I have found. So I tired to rename that file but it wont Let me. I think I know why it must be a systems file that I need to change... or some other weird thing. So please some one help me--- -- If I only Lesioned in school...
July 10th 08 10:19 PM
by mikeyhsd[_2_] Go to last post
2 242
I can't delete a folder by slydog3333
I deleted this folder previously and everything except some empty subfolders deleted Now when I try to delete the folder it tells me: Could not find this item This is no longer located in C:\. Verify the item's location and try again.
May 1st 07 12:39 AM
by slydog3333 Go to last post
0 171
I can't empty my recycle bin by Microsoft Beta
Not sure this is the right group to post this in so apologies if not. I am not able to empty my recycle bin completely. If I open it to view the files, I am able to manually delete all but 1 file. The file that won't delete is (was) a recorded tv capture and I've also tried restoring that file but am not able to do that as well. Clicking Properties tells me the file is 729MB and I'm not able to...
September 8th 07 07:48 PM
by Paul Go to last post
2 265
Question
I can't filter photo files by date taken by Greenman999
I have a large list of photo & video files in a directory. Most have been edited. I want to list them by date taken, so I can make a DVD in Windows DVD Maker. In Explorer I've tried many different filters (date, date taken, date created etc) and none filters by the date the photo was taken. Every file still has that date, as I can find it in Real Player file properties (though the file in Windows...
December 6th 08 09:28 PM
by Michael Walraven[_3_] Go to last post
7 331
I can't find anything!! by Puppy Breath
There is one search box for finding everything: Click the Start button and choose Search (like in XP). The other search boxes are for more specialized keystroke-by-keysroke searches within a smaller range locations (indexed searching). It's a lot quicker and a lot easier, once you learn to use it. For the basics click Start, choose Help and Support, click Find my Files and Folders. P.S....
March 11th 07 04:13 PM
by NYLoft2000 Go to last post
1 154
I can't find Outlook Express by Bluesky
After upgrading to Vista, I can no longer get OE to come up at all. It says the item you have requested is no longer available. It might have been removed, renamed...etc. I have looked at the details on the shortcut and cannot find that file, please help.
March 16th 07 09:23 PM
by Dave Go to last post
3 206
I can't make new folders anymore in Vista! It's gone! by nLinked
When you right click on a blank space in a folder window and point to New, and then click on Folder to create a new folder in Vista, it will put a new folder in that window so you can put your files in it. But suddenly on mine, there's no "Folder" listed in the New menu! I can make a new shortcut and other files, but Folder is gone. I don't know how to bring it back! This happens in every...
September 12th 07 11:27 AM
by Ramesh, MS-MVP Go to last post
6 160
I can't open a file by Soraya
I have a subfolder with several pictures and videos I downloaded from my camera, but when I try to open them I get this message: Photo Gallery can't open this picture because it might have been deleted or is in a location that is not available. When I open the folder I cannot see anything. Then I click on name/stack by name, and I get to groups: I-P & Q-Z. Then I open I-P and see all my...
October 29th 08 02:45 AM
by Soraya Go to last post
0 286
I can't rename folders after updgrading by JohanSwede
HEllo everybody! After upgrading from XP to Vista Ultimate I can't rename folders. I can create a folder but I can't rename it from "New folder" to my own choice. Nothing simply happens, no error message, nothing. It just keeps om beain a "New folder". can someone help me? Johan, Sweden
December 31st 07 11:23 PM
by Bob Go to last post
6 154
I can't save any attachments using winmail. by David Jeffery
I get a message saying 'The command failed to execute'. It then takes me to the communities group with a suggestion to buy Outlook 2003!! Has anyone got a better solution. I can't access any attachments on new mails or existing ones since the upgrade to Vista. Thanks in advance David
October 1st 07 05:16 PM
by istavinoha Go to last post
2 230
I can't see files in Explorer by Robert Y
When I download files using a third party downloader (Free Agent) or not, the files are downloaded to the directory that I specify but Windows Explorer (Vista Home Basic) can't see them. If I go to another program, say Windows Media Playeropen show all files; there it is. What is causing this and how do I correct it? Thanks, Robert
January 13th 08 09:30 PM
by Steven B Go to last post
5 242
I can´t open folders by Alvaro Fernandez
I save some photos in 1 folder, but now it doesn´t appear all folders, why is that? The first times appeared a question of relating files of the same kind, and then new folders show what can i do to view all my folders?
May 23rd 07 12:20 AM
by Alvaro Fernandez Go to last post
0 160
I cannot select multiple files by Dedaulus
Well, hello, and sorry for my English :( I have Windows Vista x64 installed. After few weeks after installation the problem had came: in some folder I can select multiple files, in some - not. It doesn't metter wich way to select I use: simply with mouse with left button pressed or with shift-button or ctrl-button or with ctrl+a. Also in Windows Explorer orginize menu "Select all" item...
December 26th 06 03:56 PM
by Nathanial Woolls Go to last post

From The