Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Windows Explorer by Jerry MAY
Hi, How can I setup my Windows Explorer like my XP Windows Explorer (No Favorites, etc.) Is there anyone who has a PDF document describing how I can do those changes and to make Vista look more than Win 2000 or XP with classic style ? Regards,
February 11th 08 05:59 PM
by Ronnie Vernon MVP Go to last post
3 280
Vista "How-to" Video by MS Vista User
I'm a long-time user of Windows but new to Vista. This "how to" video seems to be pretty helpful, but there are some things in it that make me wonder if it is really from Microsoft. Would appreciate hearing what the gurus here think. Thanks in advance. Charlie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcjZbaBDadE
February 11th 08 04:12 PM
by Dustin Harper Go to last post
1 282
photo delete by mike
I deleted certain photos from my hard drive, o r so I thought! however when I messaged someone in my hotmail account and wanted to add other photos by clicking attach, the ones I thought were deleted were still there and I cannot delete them? I go to computer c drive and nothing there??? help! -- mike
February 11th 08 04:05 PM
by mike Go to last post
2 306
file transfer speed...very slow by AJB
Whe transfering 4 files from a thumb drive to my vista system...or visa versa...taks a very long time...much longer that on my xp system. I addition I am asked to varify my actions each time...whic slows things down even more. What can I do?
February 11th 08 01:07 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
9 479
Moving folders doesn'r remove original folder by Bob
I have three subfolders (let's call them A,B,and C, Using drag and drop I selected to copy A and B in to C. that went OK. Without making any changes I then decided to use drag and drop again this time selecting to MOVE and B into C. At the end A and B were still there.
February 11th 08 10:09 AM
by Bob Go to last post
2 308
DESTINATION FOLDER ACCESS DENIED MESSAGE WHEN DELETING EXE FILES by aaquique
IT IS ALSO HAPPENING WHEN YOU TRY TO DELETA A EXE FILE. I CREATE A EXE FILE FROM MY MACROMEDIA FLASH SOFTWARE AND I CANNOT DELETE ANY OF THE FILES THAT I CREATED FROM FLASH. THEY ARE PROJECTORS FILES BUT WITH THE EXE EXTENSION AND IT SEEMS VISTA IS CONTROLLING WHAT YOU DO WITH YOUR FILES. I DEACTIVATED THE UAC AND CHECK TWICE THAT I HAVE FULL CONTROL OF THE FILE BUT STILL CANNOT DELETE IT....
February 9th 08 10:39 PM
by Bob Go to last post
1 345
DAT Files by Rahvasaadik
Could someone please tell me how would it possible to explore .DAT files? I got a DAT file which upon opening with notepad says it has other DAT files inside it, which have some INI files inside themselves. Any way possible for me to retreieve those INI files?
February 9th 08 08:36 PM
by Dustin Harper Go to last post
3 319
robocopy by mediaplayerasker
hello everybody I was learn how to work with robocopy in cmd (black window for commands to windows) and I have chanched the map of pictures in a map like documents. I have already save the pictures but I don't found the icon of the original map pictures. Now the map has the same icon of the map documents. Somebody can tell me where I can found the icon of the map Pictures??? Thanks and sorry...
February 9th 08 02:44 PM
by Ken Blake, MVP Go to last post
3 301
how to find contact details after file transfer by Craig
I have completed a transfer of all data from old to ne pc but I cannoyt locate my outlook contacts on new PC Anyone help Thanks Craig
February 9th 08 01:26 PM
by Dave[_15_] Go to last post
1 356
Our new website by Ewho
This website is for artist, freelancers, programmers, writers, translators. All who is looking for work. If you are a skilled professional use page "Add profile" to create your profile. Also this website is for those who is looking for skilled professional. If you are looking for a professional use page "Projects" to post a project. www.ewho.us
February 8th 08 10:39 PM
by Ewho Go to last post
0 293
FILE LOST IN TEMPORARY INTERNET FOLDER by William
A co-worker accidentally saved a file she downloaded from an email to “somewhere” in the temporary internet folder instead of her computer. We found the file by doing a search. After finding the file, we noted the file map path given in the file name window: C: Documents and Settings Cheryl (the coworker) Local Settings Temporary Internet Folder
February 8th 08 09:41 PM
by William Go to last post
2 267
Absurdly long file copy across network in Vista... by Trey Van Riper
Perhaps someone might suggest a solution to this problem. I have turned off Remote Differential Compression. So no need to suggest that. It won't help me. I am simply attempting to copy a file from my PC to a co-location in a different subnet using SMB (e.g. "\\remote-pc\share\folder"). I can bring up a virtual PC running XP on this Vista machine, and the file will copy within a minute.
February 8th 08 06:51 PM
by Ronnie Vernon MVP Go to last post
1 320
Vista Offline Files/CPU usage bug by Eriq Cook
I have an HP Pavillion notebook (Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM) running Windows Vista Business. My computer seems to be slowing down every few minutes with 100% cpu being used, for a full 2 minutes, then goes back to normal condition again. After days upon days of troubleshooting, I narrowed it down to the CSCService service, which is releated to "Offline Files". I did a google search on it and...
February 8th 08 06:46 PM
by schatenjager Go to last post
1 263
File/folder search by Lori
I performed a "search" for a portion of a name of an encryption program that we deleted from our computer because it didn't appear to be fully compatible with vista, even tho the creators said it was (they did admit tho that they didn't test it)...the "search" turned up 335 items, most of which were "image files". We cannot delete the thumbnails because it says the file or folder has been...
February 8th 08 09:19 AM
by glesiafc Go to last post
6 300
can't find files in vista!!!! by leap
i was sent a very important e-mail with an attachacment, i tried to dl it i can't find it, i tried making a new to put folder it in and nothing..someone please help!!! i need this
February 8th 08 08:31 AM
by leap Go to last post
4 252
.xls file dumped out of existence by PhilNotVeryHappy
With Vista Ultimate I had Excel 2000 (who can afford an upgrade?) dump a file I was working on - would not let me save it. Since closing down Excel the file has simply vanished from my hard drive. There are no shadows, no .tmp files, no backups, nothing in the rubbish bin, no hidden or system fiiles - it's as if this file never existed. I have never experienced such a clinical dumping of...
February 8th 08 03:46 AM
by PhilNotVeryHappy Go to last post
4 247
Folders with Access Denied by [email protected]
Have Windows Vista Premium.- When trying to see files in certain folders of my USER folder (C:Users/Fred........), specifically folders with an arrow on them , a pop-up comes in front , saying ACCESS is DENIED....Please Help with a workaround !
February 7th 08 10:39 PM
by Dave Go to last post
3 304
moving user folder to another drive by lab03
Is there a way to relocate the users folder to another drive. I want it to map to a drive other then C: XP could do this rather easily. thx
February 7th 08 08:36 PM
by BobF[_7_] Go to last post
4 213
Cannot see certain files and folders on Windows 2003 server from V by Lynette McWilliams
We recently upgraded (3 weeks) our office computers to Vista. Our server is Windows 2003 server. Our IT person provides an H: drive to our data storage area. I have traditionally mapped a couple of drives to subdirectories of that data drive for the folders I use most extensively, as we have fairly deep paths at times. This was my practice in XP and it worked perfectly. On my Vista...
February 7th 08 05:57 PM
by Lynette McWilliams Go to last post
0 298
opening documents by Kingdom Web Services
I have recently purchased a new PC with Windows Vista Home Premium installed as the operating system. I have also purchased and installed Adobe Design Standard CS3 software and installed the bundled Office One software. When I try and open a file using the File Open menu the dialog box appears but the program then stalls and cannot seem to find the files. The default folder being looked...
February 7th 08 05:18 PM
by Bob Go to last post

From The