Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Unwanted folders installed by Vista by andycruce
In the root directory of my OS drive there were a number of empy folders created by something - I assume it was Vista. They all have names like: 2e23bab8965d8884addd8e220128e9 and are empty. Until I know what they are I'm reluctant to just delete them fearing I'll do something unexpected to Vista. Anyone know what these are and can I delete them?
October 20th 07 03:08 AM
by Jupiter Jones [MVP] Go to last post
2 143
lan drive (hard drive) and Vista by AndyH
Hello, I just rec'd a machine with Vista and am having trouble seeing the files on a lan drive that I have. With my WINXP computers all is OK, with Vista nothing. I have a home network and this hard dreive is standalone on the network. Any assistance woudl be appreciated. Thank you
October 11th 07 06:26 PM
by AndyH Go to last post
0 142
Product key by Anetagama
I have a problem with activation code for windows vista ultimate , product from DVD cover and from licensing (MAK and KMS) also doesn't work for my Vista Ultimate ?
December 19th 07 07:04 PM
by brink[_2404_] Go to last post
2 186
Can't delete duplicate personal files by ang
I'm running Vista Home Premium on a new laptop. I've copied my personal files across from my old laptop which was running XP Pro. With some applications I'm having trouble saving or deleting files. I can open a file, make changes but if I try and save it it says it may be read only or open by another user. I can save it to a different folder / name but then cannot delete the original - it...
December 4th 07 04:24 AM
by Ching Go to last post
4 193
Help:( by Angel312
::I am not a computr \"wiz,\" and recently I set up my granddaughter(showing my age) on the guest user acct. I then read that I should not have done this:( She had a little info on there, but not a lot. So, I went and created a new acct for her (standard) named Visitor. So, I went there to \"test\" it. I could not obtain any files or folders from my acct which she does need to be able to do to...
September 20th 09 09:47 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
2 305
Help:( by Angel312
::I am not a computr \"wiz,\" and recently I set up my granddaughter(showing my age) on the guest user acct. I then read that I should not have done this:( She had a little info on there, but not a lot. So, I went and created a new acct for her (standard) named Visitor. So, I went there to \"test\" it. I could not obtain any files or folders from my acct which she does need to be able to do to...
September 20th 09 05:24 PM
by Angel312 Go to last post
0 209
Help with CBS.logs by angelicmind
I was trying to view my photos in my picture file, and IE said it was not responding and was restarting, this happens every time I try to view a photo so...I did a sfc /scannow and this is what it said: windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. details are included in the CBS.log windir\Logs\CBX\CBS.log C:\windows\logs\CBS\CBS.log
June 6th 09 01:57 AM
by angelicmind Go to last post
6 221
What happened to the filmstrip view in Windows Explorer? by Angelique
I selected "pictures" as the type of folder, but there is no 'filmstrip" or "slideshow" view in Windows Explorer. Where did it go, and is there a substitute for it?
October 1st 07 08:19 PM
by Dave Go to last post
1 174
Disabling auto arrange in Windows Explorer by Angelique
I am very, very annoyed with the automatic auto-arranging of files that the Vista version of Windows Explorer does. It's making my job very difficult and frustrating. In XP and previous versions the photos (or whatever) stayed in the same position after renaming until you manually refreshed the view. I can't find a way to turn it off the auto-arranging. Any suggestions?
July 23rd 07 04:36 PM
by Donald Lessau Go to last post
7 276
Folder disappeared when saving a file in Windows Vista by Angie
I'm running Windows Vista. I'm trying to save a file in my c:\user\documents\ folder. The file is an Excel (2000) .xls file. Under the mentioned c:\user\documents\ I have the standard Vista folders and some othes of my own creation. If I select the folder via "desktop", then the last ones (the new folders created by myself) aren't visible under de "save file" dialog , nevertheless they...
June 3rd 08 05:28 PM
by Angie Go to last post
2 190
Where to download Vista again? by Angyl
Okay, I was browsing around Microsoft and saw that RC1 is out. Yay! But the website says to get it, you should check the e-mail you got from Microsoft in Early Sept... Ummm...I got no e-mail. But I WAS a part of the Beta for awhile. Any help? "Jon_Hildrum" wrote: RC1 is release candidate 1 - When released it means your getting very close to the release to manufacturing. It has not...
September 11th 06 09:49 PM
by Jane C Go to last post
1 527
How to remove entries in Windows Explorer right-click menu? by anh
I have a lot of entries in my right-click menu in Windows Explorer. Is there a way to edit this menu to take out the items I don't use? Thanks for any help/suggestions. -- anh -Jesus loves me but I just want to be friends, so it's kind of awkward.-
October 16th 09 11:32 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
8 371
Probelem opening .htm files stored on my hard drive by anh
I downloaded some files from Wikipedia to look at when I'm offline, but I'm getting an error message when I double-click on the file from within Windows Explorer. An error box appears to say: WINDOWS CANNOT FIND 'DRIVE/DIRECTOREY/FILENAME.HTM'. MAKE SURE YOU TYPED THE NAME CORRECTLY, AND THEN TRY AGAIN. But behind that box the file opens normally, with all pictures and other elements. The...
October 19th 09 10:54 AM
by anh Go to last post
0 333
How to prevent a folder from being accidentally deleted? by anh
I have some important files in a folder on my notebook machine and I want to prevent some dork (like me) from accidentally deleting it both on my hard drive and on my backup USB external hard drive. What's the best way to do this? I'm not looking to encrypt the folder or to hide it. I want to still add things to the folder and browse it easily; it's just that I don't want it to be deleted by...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 6th 09 01:36 AM
by anh Go to last post
10 766
How to get files out of subfolders? by anh
Two file management situations I'd like help with: 1) I have dozens of files in many subfolders within a particular folder. I'd like to get the files out of those subfolders and put them all in the root folder without having to go into each folder and move them myself, but I can't quite see how to do that in Windows Explorer. Does anyone know a smart way to do this? 2) A similar case that...
November 12th 09 01:58 AM
by anh Go to last post
4 396
How to remove entries in Windows Explorer right-click menu? by anh
I have a lot of entries in my right-click menu in Windows Explorer. Is there a way to edit this menu to take out the items I don't use? Thanks for any help/suggestions. -- anh -Jesus loves me but I just want to be friends, so it's kind of awkward.-
October 15th 09 02:52 AM
by anh Go to last post
0 227
Probelem opening .htm files stored on my hard drive by anh
I downloaded some files from Wikipedia to look at when I'm offline, but I'm getting an error message when I double-click on the file from within Windows Explorer. An error box appears to say: WINDOWS CANNOT FIND 'DRIVE/DIRECTOREY/FILENAME.HTM'. MAKE SURE YOU TYPED THE NAME CORRECTLY, AND THEN TRY AGAIN. But behind that box the file opens normally, with all pictures and other elements. The...
October 19th 09 10:54 AM
by anh Go to last post
0 235
How to prevent a folder from being accidentally deleted? by anh
I have some important files in a folder on my notebook machine and I want to prevent some dork (like me) from accidentally deleting it both on my hard drive and on my backup USB external hard drive. What's the best way to do this? I'm not looking to encrypt the folder or to hide it. I want to still add things to the folder and browse it easily; it's just that I don't want it to be deleted by...
November 4th 09 10:31 AM
by anh Go to last post
0 340
How to get files out of subfolders? by anh
Two file management situations I'd like help with: 1) I have dozens of files in many subfolders within a particular folder. I'd like to get the files out of those subfolders and put them all in the root folder without having to go into each folder and move them myself, but I can't quite see how to do that in Windows Explorer. Does anyone know a smart way to do this? 2) A similar case that...
November 11th 09 11:03 AM
by anh Go to last post
0 258
Virtualized by Anilkumar K.V
How to get the virtualized folder path in Vista How to get information about the virtualized folder?
December 12th 06 08:41 AM
by Anilkumar K.V Go to last post

From The