Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
SYNC turn off by kelly
How the F@^!@ do I delete the stupid sync crap. I accidentaly hit make available offline on a server and I cannot get this POS to stop!!! IT IS SERIOUSLY F'ING UP EVERYTHING HELP!!!!!!!
January 12th 08 12:31 AM
by Bob Go to last post
1 226
How do I get my Favourite links back??? by Amy1987
I dunno what I've done but my favourite links folder has gone! Anyone know how i can get it back??? I'm on Vista. Any help will be appreciated as I'm getting stressed with this. Thanks Amy
January 11th 08 08:48 PM
by brink[_2750_] Go to last post
1 156
deling items by jay
i delete items then go in and check there still in files but deleted i like delete that to
January 11th 08 07:12 PM
by Bob Go to last post
1 130
folder structure disappears in Windows Explorer after clicking folder by jjhartog
Dear all, When I open Windows Explorer I see the regular folder structure on the right side. (See pic) '' (http://img248.imageshack.us/my.php?image=knipsel1nx3.jpg) However, when I click a folder (doesn't matter which one) the folder structure disappears and I get only the clicked folder contents in the
January 11th 08 03:48 PM
by jdknab Go to last post
3 224
SendTo by Bob
How do I add email to the SendTo when right clicking a file?
January 11th 08 02:36 PM
by Bob Go to last post
2 219
Problems with Offline-Files by jürgen
I'm using an SBS Server and a notebook with Vista Busines. Now I've problems with using the offline-files in the offlinemode (Access denied) and in the onlinemode = there i can open the file but not save it. If i creat a new file and then i open it in a second moment it is not possible. Please help me because i can't work without this offline files im a consultant and i need the files when...
January 11th 08 05:24 AM
by Brian Bradley[_2_] Go to last post
1 191
superfetch broken since last windows update? by h0rnytoad1[_4_]
hey all, my drive keeps working overtime since the last windows updates, its the superfetch service. i need to know if one of the patches might be at fault, it sure seems like it. -- h0rnytoad1 Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
January 11th 08 02:54 AM
by h0rnytoad1[_4_] Go to last post
0 145
Start Menu 'all programs' folders resist BASIC customizations! by a.k.a.[_2_]
Dear everyone, If any of you find the default folder structure in the Start Menu of Vista / Server 2008 to be exceedingly clunky and mind-numbing and have tried to customize it into something sleeker, you may have run into problems. Some folder you've changed the names of recreate new versions of their former selves: Other folders when renamed no longer allow the icons to point where they...
January 11th 08 02:41 AM
by a.k.a.[_2_] Go to last post
0 150
Problem storing files in Explorer.Please help ! by Trond[_2_]
Hi, I have bought a new PC with Vista Home Premium. I am logged on as Administrator I am running amongst other Flight Simulator X installed under "Program Files" and Microsoft Games When I change for instance a .cfg (configuration) file from FSX in Word Pad in Explorer, I am not allowed to store the change. It says "No access to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games" and so on I have started the...
January 10th 08 11:44 PM
by Zebra Code Go to last post
2 132
set up explorer to default folder by Marc
there is a chance to tell explorer which folder open first?
January 10th 08 09:47 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
5 185
old files won't delete, says item not found...any ideas? by Danny Navarrete
Hi, I have a ton of old files that were moved to my new computer thru a "data transfer". However most of the files don't work. When i try to delete them it says, "item not found, item is no longer located in..." If anyone has any suggestions, it will be greatly appreciated thanks!
January 10th 08 08:15 AM
by Danny Navarrete Go to last post
0 205
Take ownership by Bob
Would someone please post the correct procedure and syntax to take ownership of a file?
January 10th 08 02:48 AM
by Bob Go to last post
2 155
Cascading menu from folder shortcut by Luc
This is not actually a new suggestion because i pretty sure this was a power toy under win 95 When we have a shortcut that point to a folder i would like to have a contextual menu where i could see the content and have a cascading menu of the subfolder contain in the target of the shortcut.. anyone remember... Do we have the same power toy in vista????
January 9th 08 05:08 PM
by Luc Go to last post
0 163
Help-problems with DOCUMENT FOLDERS by andy
I was doing a backup of my documents to an external hardrive ( which I have done before with no problems).... After completing this, I went to write an emial and add an attachment from MY DOCUMENTS: Well, My documents is NOT there in the list with my desktop and my computer and I have no way of putting it back in THAT LIST... However, If I go to the WINDOWS Start page, MY documents IS...
January 9th 08 05:04 PM
by andy Go to last post
3 158
Word and Notepad extensions by cemeje
When opening a folder in Vista my Word document appears as a notepad file and opens in notepad. However, when i go to my XP it appears as a word doc and opens correctly. Is this a vista problem? I have Office 2003 on both computers.
January 9th 08 07:01 AM
by xiafei Go to last post
6 191
Reloading Windows Explorer ? by SF
The folders in my Windows Vista Explorer program has become unmanageable. Somehow, while trying to foolishly get the program to display just the folders I need (what a concept) folders have multiplied, duplicated, and often will not let me delete or move them. For example, I think I now have more than six "Desktop" folders and subfolders scattered around. At this point all I would like to do...
January 9th 08 06:40 AM
by Ronnie Vernon MVP Go to last post
2 163
Search by May[_3_]
Hello, Perhaps I am doing something wrong and someone can correct me. With XP we could search the contents of a document for specific word, but Vista search doesn't happen :( Can someone explain why? or how to search documents for specific words? May
January 8th 08 10:33 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
3 188
Assigning where my downloads should go? by viewer68
Where do I go to change the location of where my downloads will go? They are going to my desktop and not my "downloads folder" Where do I go to assign/adjust this?
January 8th 08 10:04 PM
by viewer68 Go to last post
2 193
Temporary Internet Files by PinGame Journal[_2_]
running Vista Business. Where are the temp internet files located? I have every permission box checked and allowed I can find.
January 8th 08 08:34 PM
by Donald Lessau Go to last post
4 194
Vista backup best practice? by Tony Linguini
I have been using Vista backup for a year and have 12 dvds from it. Can any of these be tossed? Do I have to manually do a full backup every so often? Thank you
January 8th 08 06:14 PM
by MegaDETH[_6_] Go to last post

From The