Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Facilitate the addition of new item in the contextual menu by Luc
HI One of the enhancement i would like microsoft to add is to facilitate the addtion of cascading menu into contextual menu. Example: when we RMB on the background of a folder we have a contextual menu showing NEW. Under that item i would like to had a one or more cascading menu where i could place new template of file i would like to create. This way i could create
January 8th 08 04:07 PM
by Luc Go to last post
0 152
Undoing a click on "Never show this message again"... by cyberpunk409
Hi, when you download a file, any file, once it's completed you see a window asking you to OPEN the file or CANCEL (or something like that) and a little box that you can click that says "never show this message again". Well, i think i accidently clicked that little box and now when something downloads i have to manually find it to open it, that little window no longer pops up :( How can i...
January 8th 08 01:43 PM
by cyberpunk409 Go to last post
0 205
Won't Move folders by 13owman
When I try to move a folder from 1 drive to another Vista will move the files and make new folders in the designated spot I put them but the folders that I move from all stay in the same spot. Why won't the folders move like they did in every other OS, this is frustrating because sometime the job is interrupted and because some of the folders have 0 Bytes and others have the files that haven't...
January 8th 08 01:39 AM
by 13owman Go to last post
0 242
Thumbnails causing Documents Explorer to crash by Larry
When I go to Documents,before I am able to click on a file a window comes up saying 'Windows Explorer has stopped working ' and it is searching on line for a solution'. Then it all crashes. Another window then comes up saying that Microsoft is aware of the fault which is caused by System Center Operations Manager. I have clicked on the link they give but there is nothing there of use. I...
January 7th 08 05:39 PM
by Larry Go to last post
0 176
unable to drop n drag by megan
my computer will not let me move files into new folders or folders into folders i keep getting a pop up that says "you do not have permission for this action retry or cancel" problem is... i am the administrator and i dont understand why its saying this
January 7th 08 03:49 PM
by Bob Go to last post
3 189
actskin4.ocx missing or not registered by bilvihur
Trying to run MiniMinder and get above error. Another forum had me download the file, and copy it into System32 folder, but didn't work. Can someone help? Thanks.
January 7th 08 12:09 PM
by bilvihur Go to last post
0 185
Sync Center by Bob
I've Vista on a domain with offline files. Why is it that SyncCenter doesn't seem to do anything that XP did? Here are all my observations: 1. SyncCenter indicates that the last sync was on 12/22/07 14:28. It never progresses? 2. XP would pop-up a window from the system tray indicating when I was offline. Vista gives me no such indication. 3. XP could show me a listing of all offline...
January 7th 08 11:02 AM
by Jian-Ping Zhu [MSFT] Go to last post
2 235
Help Please-Lost files downloaded are disapearing by harrisew
after downloading some free videos a nasa images for my class and bitlord, the files don't show up where I install them, but when I go to find them the folder is not there. The only way I can see the files is to open VLC player and then I have to copy and paste them into a music or video folder to play it. It is weird and I don't know why this is happening, because it didn't happen on xp.
January 7th 08 08:11 AM
by Ian Go to last post
4 214
Recnt items by Praetzer
I have photography as hobby so my "recent Items" folder is cluttered by .jpg, ..TIFF files while I'm only interested in my Office 2003 files. Is there a way to tell the "Recent items" forlder only to acquire or list *.Doc's, *.PPT, *.XLS? Alfred
January 7th 08 06:19 AM
by Bob Go to last post
1 168
I want to see EVERYTHING--why can't I? by PinGame Journal[_2_]
I've been reading posts here and there and one told "me" to go here to see my TIF ... C:\Users\Jim\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files but, if I "back up", I can't go "forward" again If I got to say ... C:\Users\Jim ... there is NO AppData to pick from, at least that I can see ... if I add AppData there's a Microsoft, then Windows, but no Temp Int. Files ... all I have...
January 7th 08 04:32 AM
by PinGame Journal[_2_] Go to last post
5 157
Folder Question by JennB213
:oI'm new to Vista's Explorer and have been going nuts trying to figure some of this mess out. When I click on a folder, then look down in the Details Pane at the bottom it shows the number of files in the folder but NOT the accumulative file size total. I also noticed the same thing when I had the Recycle Bin Folder open. I like knowing the exact size of the folder, I don't really care how
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 7th 08 01:22 AM
by Zebra Code Go to last post
19 325
Not Able To Downlaod Files by deepakcse108[_4_]
Hi All, I am not able to download any application on my laptop i am using the Vista home Premium and today when i tried to download the Mozilla then i am not anle to do so it is downloading the file but it is not going ahead after downloading the file in temp folder i.e it is not showing the installer window. Same happened with the other application when i tried to download them. Kindly...
January 6th 08 08:59 PM
by deepakcse108[_4_] Go to last post
0 182
Batch file by Bob
Anyone know how to write a batch file that will copy one file to multiple locations on different drives?
January 6th 08 08:39 PM
by Bob Go to last post
0 149
Vista/IE7 MP3 download problem by nick
Hi.. I have been trying to fix an annoying problem in IE7 and i'm pretty much out of ideas so would appreciate some advice or suggestions please. Everytime I download any MP3 files from any website, IE7 sees the file as an MP2 file so I then have the inconvenience of having to select Save - change the 'Save as type' option to 'All files' then add .mp3 to the end of the file which is a bit...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 6th 08 08:26 PM
by nick Go to last post
10 346
Change selected file colour? by Chewie
I'm using Vista with Aero Glass enabled and am continually frustrated with the pale pastel blue default colour for highlighted files in Explorer. I've been through 'customization' and set my preferred colour in the old-school advanced display properties dialog but it doesn't change. Is there a method to make my choice stick? Am I looking in completely the wrong place (probably, since MS...
January 6th 08 08:19 PM
by Chewie Go to last post
0 125
Cant locate a folder by Xasthur
I know the path of the file, but when i follow that path it is not there? It is under users/Behemoth(me)/AppData-right here. I do not see appdata. Thanks.
January 6th 08 07:24 PM
by Xasthur Go to last post
5 156
help by daniel
I have windows vista, when i try downloaing programmes from the internet i continue to receive a mesage from digital signature, then i am unable to download the programme and it also happens when i try to use windows upates. Please can anyone help me to resolve this problem? i tryed down loading msn i got wlinstall.exe publisher unknown the file was blocked because it does not have a...
January 6th 08 04:03 PM
by daniel Go to last post
0 310
2nd Post: Recycle Bin for Network Folders by Colin
If I should post this to another newsgroup, please tell me. I notice that if I select a network location for a system folder (Favorites, Documents, Pictures, etc.) it adds those to the Recycle Bin list of protected folders. This is great! Is there a way to manually add other network folders to be protected by the Recycle Bin? I saw back in Vista RC 1, there was a Network tab in the Recycle Bin...
January 6th 08 02:14 PM
by Colin Go to last post
0 180
Windows Explorer Error Message by Swabbie
Has anyone found the solution to the error message "Windows Explorer has stopped working" and watch it close and then restart? -- Mit freundlichen Grüßen
January 6th 08 10:17 AM
by Zebra Code Go to last post
4 189
vista ultimate build in partition utility problem by Tsauad
hi, i have a 320GB HD, using the built in disk managment partition utility, i was only able to partition my C drive down to 200GB. dose anyone know of a solution for this other than a 3rd party program?? -- Tsauad
January 6th 08 02:33 AM
by Tsauad Go to last post

From The