Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Location of Deleted E-Mails by Gene L.
I inadvertently deleted several E-Mail messages some time ago and was wondering if they might still be accessible somewhere on my C-Drive. I am using 2007 Office Outlook and Windows Vista Home Premium. Where might I look to determine if they are still there. I would like to know the path if that is the way to look. Many thanks for the help. Gene L.
November 15th 09 06:41 PM
by Gene L. Go to last post
0 304
Can't open word docs, excel or other files by Bronze[_2_]
When I click on a file to open on C drive (or an attachment to an email" it says Windows can find (lists the path). Make sure you typed the name correctly then try again. If I cancel this message and double click on the file (or email attachment) again, it then opens it. I have to do this twice for every single file I want to open. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks
November 14th 09 12:08 PM
by mja110952 Go to last post
2 395
Still Can't Delete a file by Justin[_5_]
Windows Vista Ultimate 64. I right click and hit delete on a file and I get Item not found This is no longer located in C:\Users\Justin\Downloads verify the items location and try again. The file is a MS Word docx, downloaded from my college's Blackboard system. I booted into safe mode (under the admin account) and ended up with the same message. I was told this could possible be an issue with...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 14th 09 03:38 AM
by Justin[_5_] Go to last post
18 656
VSS idle timeout. shadow copy does not work. by pj
i am running vista ultimate... and my shadow copy is no longer working.. it hasn't for months! it did when i first got my system (dell inspiron 9400)!.. i think i disabled it... but have re-enabled it... but to no avail.. i have system backup set to auto... windows shadow copy set back to auto (was disabled) (under services) and when i right click a folder, and goto previous versions.. it is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 14th 09 12:53 AM
by peach Go to last post
13 869
Problem opening existing files by clicking by smuthler
My computer has begun giving me an error message when I try to double-click on a filename, in Word and in Excel, particularly. It says "Window cannot find 'C:Users\Steve\AppData..." and then states "Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." It really cramps my ability to access files on my computer at work, from home... Any thoughts? Steve
November 13th 09 10:58 PM
by Bob Go to last post
7 447
Command Line Create list of Directories in sorted by Deepest directoryfirst by EnterYourName
In Windows 7 (or vista) how can I using a command line create list of Directories sorted by Deepest directory first, with the output going to a file. Thanks
November 13th 09 12:45 PM
by EnterYourName Go to last post
0 367
Command Line Create list of Directories in sorted by Deepest directoryfirst by EnterYourName
In Windows 7 (or vista) how can I using a command line create list of Directories sorted by Deepest directory first, with the output going to a file. Thanks
November 13th 09 12:45 PM
by EnterYourName Go to last post
0 252
All programs .lnk - nothing works by nishnoshnish
I just recently tried to open "my computer", however it wouldn't open. Trying to get it to open, I right click on it and press "show on desktop". This put a file onto the desktop that i didn't want so I deleted it. This is where everything went wrong. All the start menu icons disappeared, then a bit later all files on my computer changed to .lnk files except the folders. If i go to the properties...
November 13th 09 12:30 AM
by nishnoshnish Go to last post
2 382
Still Can't Delete a file by Justin[_5_]
Dave-UK wrote: "Justin" wrote in message ... Dave-UK wrote: How did you get ownership ? You said you downloaded it from another computer onto your machine. Right-click the file Properties Security Advanced Owner tab. What does it say in the 'Current owner box'?
November 13th 09 12:26 AM
by Justin[_5_] Go to last post
4 493
All programs .lnk - nothing works by nishnoshnish
I just recently tried to open "my computer", however it wouldn't open. Trying to get it to open, I right click on it and press "show on desktop". This put a file onto the desktop that i didn't want so I deleted it. This is where everything went wrong. All the start menu icons disappeared, then a bit later all files on my computer changed to .lnk files except the folders. If i go to the properties...
November 12th 09 11:57 PM
by nishnoshnish Go to last post
0 272
DACLs for offline files by Ryjek Blady
Is there a way to retrieve DACLs for offline files (client-side cached) when the client is not connected to the server? When I call GetSecurityInfo or GetNamedSecurityInfo for such files, the call returns ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED (50). Similarly, those files have no "Security" tab in the Properties dialog. I looked at the Offline Files COM APIs...
November 12th 09 02:52 PM
by Ryjek Blady Go to last post
0 427
DACLs for offline files by Ryjek Blady
Is there a way to retrieve DACLs for offline files (client-side cached) when the client is not connected to the server? When I call GetSecurityInfo or GetNamedSecurityInfo for such files, the call returns ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED (50). Similarly, those files have no "Security" tab in the Properties dialog. I looked at the Offline Files COM APIs...
November 12th 09 02:52 PM
by Ryjek Blady Go to last post
0 263
Robocopy - Log only differences? by Saucer Man
Is there a way I can log only the differences with Robocopy? Right now the log is huge and most of the entries are "same". -- Thanks.
November 12th 09 03:35 AM
by Badger[_3_] Go to last post
2 373
How to get files out of subfolders? by anh
Two file management situations I'd like help with: 1) I have dozens of files in many subfolders within a particular folder. I'd like to get the files out of those subfolders and put them all in the root folder without having to go into each folder and move them myself, but I can't quite see how to do that in Windows Explorer. Does anyone know a smart way to do this? 2) A similar case that...
November 12th 09 02:58 AM
by anh Go to last post
4 396
Is it possible to re-arrange order of photo files in Vista Photo gallery?? by 1206nick[_3_]
Hello, can anyone help? Is it possible when viewing photos in Vista photo gallery to display my picture files in an order other than by name, date taken or file size etc.. ie the options offered under 'the sort by' feature. I would like to customise each folder to display the photos in an order of my choosing but this does not appear possible for the photo gallery in vista or the live photo...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 11th 09 11:00 PM
by Bob Go to last post
12 713
Robocopy - Log only differences? by Saucer Man
Is there a way I can log only the differences with Robocopy? Right now the log is huge and most of the entries are "same". -- Thanks.
November 11th 09 10:32 PM
by Saucer Man Go to last post
0 252
How to get files out of subfolders? by anh
Two file management situations I'd like help with: 1) I have dozens of files in many subfolders within a particular folder. I'd like to get the files out of those subfolders and put them all in the root folder without having to go into each folder and move them myself, but I can't quite see how to do that in Windows Explorer. Does anyone know a smart way to do this? 2) A similar case that...
November 11th 09 12:03 PM
by anh Go to last post
0 257
Cannot delete file..Zero Bytes? by cohack11
Hello, I have a file on my desktop named Fitzgerald -. I do not know where it came from. This is no surprise given that my daughter uses the PC under my login from time to time. The file size is 0 bytes. The properties security tab says "The requested security information is either unavailable or cannot be displayed". The attributes info is "A" (don't know what that means). I can move...
November 11th 09 03:25 AM
by Dihua Go to last post
2 347
Can't create New Folders on Desktop by Daydream
Hi, When I right-click on the desktop or within the Documents Folder (or similar folders), I no longer have the option to create a "New Folder". When I choose the "New" option, it reads "empty". I saw someone had a similar problem on here and they were given a registry fix to download and merge, which I did, but it did not help me. When I am in the Documents Folder, I do have the "Organize"...
November 10th 09 06:21 PM
by Daydream Go to last post
4 418
Can't create New Folders on Desktop by Daydream
Hi When I right-click on the desktop or within the Documents Folder (o similar folders), I no longer have the option to create a "New Folder" When I choose the "New" option, it reads "empty". I saw someone had similar problem on here and they were given a registry fix to downloa and merge, which I did, but it did not help me. When I am in th Documents Folder, I do have the "Organize" option and...
November 10th 09 02:49 PM
by Daydream Go to last post

From The