Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Temp Folder Attribute Problem by Mark Buckles/Harlan Labs
We have Vista Business version 6 on our new computer. I tried to install Adobe Reader, but get this error: "The Temp folder is on a drive that is full on inaccessible. Free up space on the drive or verify that you have write permisson on the Temp folder". I navigated to c:\windows\temp and right clicked temp - the write-protect box was selected. I de-selected it and clicked ok, but when I...
December 19th 07 08:43 PM
by Ronnie Vernon MVP Go to last post
5 219
Product key by Anetagama
I have a problem with activation code for windows vista ultimate , product from DVD cover and from licensing (MAK and KMS) also doesn't work for my Vista Ultimate ?
December 19th 07 07:04 PM
by brink[_2404_] Go to last post
2 186
Folder Template by Yondaime
I have the following problem everytime I change any of my folders (ex. PICTURES, MUSIC, VIDEOS, ETC...) some other folder including those inside "Drive C" will change their templates to the same one as the one I changed. For example, right now the folder PICTURES has an specific view, which is extra large --and as we know if we right click a folder and customize it, it will let us change...
December 19th 07 04:28 PM
by brink[_2399_] Go to last post
7 180
Video File Display by aviwil
I have Vista Home Premium . When I open a directory with Windows Media Viedo Files - I see a picture of the first scene , say , of this file , instead of the file name . I also have the GOM player , but when I open a directory which has files I assocated with it - it just gives me the GOM symbol with the file name . How do I get it to give me the picture ? Thanks .
December 19th 07 11:53 AM
by aviwil Go to last post
0 157
Another "Finding files does not work" complaint. by Mason[_3_]
What happened to the "find" function that worked so well in the previous versions of Windows I've used? I extracted a file from rar set, and it didn't show up where it was supposed to. I selected a matching segment of the rar file name to look for the missing file, and pasted it to the search box in Windows Explorer. I was surprised to see that after searching, it displayed the message, "No...
December 19th 07 04:25 AM
by dmex[_25_] Go to last post
1 129
Sync Folder's Compliment? (2nd Post) by Blue Max
FIRST, we may be naive, but how do we specify the counterpart to the network file we need to sync in Windows Vista? To sync a network file we mark it as 'Always Available Offline,' but where do we tell it what folder to sync with on our local computer? I'm doing a bunch of synchronizing and have no idea what is being synchronized on our local computer nor where! SECOND, is there anyway to...
December 19th 07 03:12 AM
by Blue Max Go to last post
4 211
windows mail tranfer infor from OE on hard drive by michael
I recently got a new computer and I want to know if there is a way to import my address book from Outlook express to Windows Mail I have the same e mail address but have no clue how to get the info... from the hard drive to windows mail (i only have the hard drive and it works fine old computer went bad) I would appreciate if anyone could help me Thanks so much michael
December 18th 07 11:35 PM
by michael Go to last post
0 146
Xmas Sales:n95 $350 Usd,iphone $250 Usd,ps3 $350 Usd by omoba1
We are legitimate and reputable company from Uk,London we have all brands of Mobile Phones,Ipods,xbox 360, Sidekicks,Nextels phone,Laptops for sell at cheap and affordable prices. ORDER INFORMATION : Minimum Order : 1-5 units
December 18th 07 08:50 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
4 168
Vista Quick Launch Bar Won't Launch Programs by Randy
Several of my programs (like iTunes, wonder why), won't launch from the quick launch bar. I click them, and I get the wait circle thingie for a second or two, then nothing. Programs open fine from the Start Menu or Windows Explorer, though, And removing them from QLB and re- adding them doesn't work.
December 18th 07 12:44 PM
by Randy Go to last post
0 152
cant find my trashcan by sally
i have by misstake thrown away my strachcan from my desktop and i cant find it now..can somebody help me?
December 18th 07 06:35 AM
by JOJO Go to last post
8 168
MS Access file accidently assigned as MS Word by Not a Vista Fan
I am really struggling with VISTA in general (as an executive who has used XP for years, VISTA is a truly inferior produce)... okay, that said... here is my issue: I did not have MS Access loaded on to this Vista PC and 'accidently' associated Word to an Access dbase file. I have since downloaded the Trial version of Access and I can not for the life of me change the program association...
December 17th 07 10:10 PM
by Wandering[_2_] Go to last post
3 273
folder lost in applications cannot retrieve files by rabbitmonk
Hola I put a bunch of digital photos in a folder, plus some photoshop versions of them. I thought the folder was going to on the desktop, but it somehow got placed in some applications folder that i couldn't ever find. I had a shortcut to the folder on the desktop that worked for awhile, but something went kooky and the shortcut starting to some other random folder with other digital...
December 17th 07 09:01 PM
by Sergey Wasilenkow Go to last post
2 229
Sort start menu by Alcazar
Hi all, I am using Vista for a while now and I was wondering why it is not possibe to sort the start menu while right clicking. The options I was used to on XP seems to be dissapeared. I have tried to disable "Read Only" but that won't work either. If someone has the solution I would be glad thnx
December 17th 07 08:37 PM
by brink[_2372_] Go to last post
3 177
ANS: "What's the deal with UAC (Windows Needs Your Permission scre by johns
"Jimmy Brush" wrote: Hello, I've noticed that a lot of the questions in these newsgroups are either directly or indirectly related to UAC (User Account Control). In this post, I will go over what UAC does, how it works, the reasoning behind it, how to use your computer with UAC on, why you shouldn't turn UAC off, and answer some common questions and respond to common...
December 17th 07 06:11 PM
by johns Go to last post
0 191
Why does vista hide your owne files from you? How can this be sto by MikeWat
For several years, I have used a third party FTTP host site. They provide an online module that allows you to move files between the remote server and the local computer. Everything is shown transfering, but when you go to view the files, access them through windows or another software, they don't appear. I know the files have been downloaded, I can see it in the fttp window, but they are...
December 17th 07 04:21 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
3 228
Cannot access "Documents and Setting" by A. de Regt
ls, I cannot get into "C:\Documents and Settings" Vista says: "access denied" When I go to C:\Users and enter my map there, and the try to get into "Local Settings" or "Application Data", same thing. How do I get there? Regards,
December 17th 07 04:12 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
2 174
WORD 2007 by Susan
I have created a database of names and postal addresses within WORD 2007 on my XP computer. I now have a new Vista computer and wish to transfer this database over as a workable database not as a WORD document. Can anyone tell me please if it is possible to do this? I have tried a memory stick, but once transfered the database will only open as a one page WORD document. Thanks Susan.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 17th 07 03:49 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
15 355
Windowc temp directory by André Landreau
Hello to all, My laptop runs Windows Vista Ultimate. Looking at the c:\windows\temp directory it lists 1060 items, some files, some subdirectories. Lot of 0Kbits files etc .... Under Win98 I would delete all that junk without problem. Can that be done safely under Vista ? Thanks for advise. André M. Landreau
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 17th 07 10:02 AM
by Hank Arnold (MVP) Go to last post
10 304
Folder type templates by M Byrnes
Is it possible to modify the folder type templates themselves? I tend to organize files by grouping them by 'type'... so, instead of being forced to go thru a few extra steps to add 'group by type' in 'customizing this folder', I'd like to modify the TEMPLATES so that the templates default to grouping files by type... Thanks,
December 16th 07 08:24 PM
by Julian[_2_] Go to last post
1 228
What a mess - Vista Explorer! by Thomas Tooltucker
I've used every iteration of Windows to date yet I'm still confused by the arcane and unhelpful terminology used. Take Folder Options for example. There are three buttons: Apply to Folders - which folders? Reset Folders - which folders, and rest it them to what? Restore Defaults - which folders? And then there's "Previews and Filters" and "Classic View?" - Huh, what does that mean to anyone?
December 16th 07 07:15 PM
by Rob Kraft Go to last post

From The