Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Missing Downloads by BJT
Currently i am unable to find the files which i download off any website, ive tried saving them to a variety of different directories, also i tried to run instead of save as however this didnt lead to sucess either. any ideas what might be causing this?
December 12th 07 10:49 PM
by BJT Go to last post
0 272
"Default programs" icons out of whack by a.k.a.
Hi folks, This afternoon I installed MS Office 2007 Ultimate (using a custom install, so that several apps are installed on first opening, and Visio Viewer is not installed). I haven't gotten around to installing SP1 yet today, and no other Office hotfixes installed yet. Until now I had been looking at DOCs with WordPad, so I opened the change default programs window, and went to "Associate...
December 12th 07 09:27 PM
by a.k.a. Go to last post
0 239
One of my Common Folder is stuck in an unwanted location by Steve Karsidi
I've 2 logical drives with D: meant for for data. C: was running out of space, so I moved all the Common Folders (Documents, Pictures, Videos, Links etc) onto D: drive (eg D:\Documents)...but accidentally for Downloads it was direct in D:\ root. So when I open my personal folder, for Downloads it is replaced with the D: drive icon (replaced the usual green/blue Downloads folder icon)...
December 12th 07 03:08 PM
by Steve Karsidi Go to last post
0 217
Restoring Common Folders in Vista by Steve Karsidi
I've 2 logical drives with D: meant for for data. C: was running out of space, so I moved all the Common Folders (Documents, Pictures, Videos, Links etc) onto D: drive (eg D:\Documents)...but accidentally for Downloads it was direct in D:\ root. So when I open my personal folder, for Downloads it is replaced with the D: drive icon (replaced the usual green/blue Downloads folder icon)...
December 12th 07 02:53 PM
by Steve Karsidi Go to last post
0 236
Windows Server 2008 Tips and Tricks ! by Russel Pitt[_2_]
How To Install and configure Windows Server 2008 core?, 10 things to consider when making a Windows Server 2008 upgradedecision, Three exciting improvements in Windows Server 2008, Vista Tips, Tricks and more ... http://vista-tricks-tips.blogspot.com
December 12th 07 01:05 PM
by John[_22_] Go to last post
5 185
Photographer needs help by yellowdog53
Hi: this is my first post and I know I am going to sound a dweeb, but... My PC is an E6600/4Gb 800 Corsair Asus PB5 m/b. I have 6 HDD's ( SATA) from 150-500GB and as you might expect, a large number of files! Most are from 12-15Mb Canon RAW (.CR2) and as my hard drives fill ( I have shot 15-20 000 in the last month) I need to be able to move them to bigger HDD's and archhive the old ones. ( NO,...
December 12th 07 10:33 AM
by Julian[_2_] Go to last post
4 188
Transferring files from Vista to XP by River_Rat
I have been transferring jpg files from my Vista computer to a XP computer and now my files have become corrupted. Is there anyway to recover the corrupted jpg files? Is there anyway to prevent this from happening again?
December 12th 07 01:10 AM
by River_Rat Go to last post
4 385
Help Please- backed-up files cannot be opened by Lei_ctln
Yesterday, my compaq laptop crashed (blue screen) and fortunately I was able to make a backup of only the text, spreadsheet, pdf, word, etc documents in my USB flash drive using advanced system restore (vista home basic). I checked for a restore point but apparently none was created. After the backup, I restored the laptop to the factory settings. Then after all that, I ran the...
December 12th 07 12:56 AM
by Bob Go to last post
1 187
Can't move or delete files "in use" by SethR
I am trying to move some files, specifcally .ai and .eps Adobe files in windows explorer. I keep getting the "file is in use" message. There are no other programs running, no Adobe processes or services running. I tried moving them after a boot to safe mode with no luck. Any suggestions appreciated!
December 11th 07 07:50 PM
by SethR Go to last post
0 198
Mapping MY Documents and My Pictures to e:\ by GW
Hi, Every time I want to attach a file, Vista goes to c:\. I want to save my files somewhere else and have Vista know about it. Is this possible?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 11th 07 06:53 PM
by amonra[_4_] Go to last post
16 340
User files and Programmes by Bob
Not sure if this is the correct forum for this question. if not, please advise and I will re-post. Can anybody tell me how to hide/prevent specific programmes from displaying on a users start menu? We are using Vista Ultimate and the PC has 4 user login accounts. I need to prevent specific users, from accessing specific programmes and yet do not want the 'parental controls prevent......'...
December 11th 07 06:12 PM
by Ronnie Vernon MVP Go to last post
3 157
deleted Word file by dendinsd
I cut a word document and a powerpoint document and pasted it to my external harddrive. It shows as empty shortcuts on my computer and it originally showed on my external harddrive but when I went to print the document from the harddrive it was not there. My other powerpoint is ther fine. I spend a week on this project so any advice to locating it would help. I have tried searching,...
December 11th 07 06:11 PM
by Ronnie Vernon MVP Go to last post
3 173
¤â¾÷²M³f¦U´Ú¦U«¬¸¹ by ip
December 11th 07 04:54 PM
by Malke Go to last post
1 229
Move the client-side caching (CSC) folder to a new location by Bob
Hi, I followed the procedure "How to move the client-side caching (CSC) folder to a new location in Windows Vista" and I now think I'm having trouble with my offline files as I notice Excel is failing to save documents that I opened from my servers relocated documents location. I must save them as a new document to get past the error. With XP, the CSC mover tool required that the folder be...
December 11th 07 08:22 AM
by Adams Qu [MSFT] Go to last post
6 249
Lost Notebook in Vista Right Click New Tab by Leroy Forbes
When I wanted a quick document I would right click and select new and choose notebook, for some reason this has now disappeared. Any help on this would be much appreciated.
December 11th 07 05:55 AM
by Leroy Forbes Go to last post
5 162
Vista Explorer Copy by 1%'er
Who was the genius at MS to skip the file name when copying a file? Just look at this screen shot: It's got everything EXCEPT THE FRICKIN' FILE NAME!!?!?!?!!? Why must I keep banging my head against the wall? Why does Vista have to HIDE everything? Why does it treat me like an idiot and protect my every mouse click? I have to click 5 times more now than on XP. Wasn't one of Ballmer's goals...
December 11th 07 03:31 AM
by 1%'er Go to last post
0 222
How do i change default save folder ? by Colin10bc
Whenever i save a file from the internet it saves to the "Documents" folder instead of thre "Downloads" folder even when the file i am saving is not a document. Is there anywhere in Vista Home Premium that i can alter the default save destination ?
December 10th 07 11:10 PM
by Dag Korsnes Go to last post
2 595
Vista backup question by [email protected]
Ok, who was the genius who decided to take the manual file selection out of the backup in Vista??? What a joke! What kind of OS is it that thinks it knows what I want to backup?? For reference, I explicity keep my files *out* of the user profile simply because it causes so many issues. And now with Vista, the posts I see seem to indicate that if my files aren't in the user
December 10th 07 10:42 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 218
Unable to Locate Program Files in All Programs by Janet
I am unable to locate my program files in "All Programs". Microsoft and others. Also unable to connect to help and support. Could this be a Vista issue? I am able to access the programs, only if I open a previous file created in that program. Please let me know if you have experienced this problem and know how to resolve without having to install all.
December 10th 07 09:17 PM
by brink[_2256_] Go to last post
1 205
Hidden Vista64-32 Tricks,Tools,Tips! Windows Server 2008 Advices AndMore ! by [email protected]
These Hidden Tools Will help you get max performance and to Tweak Security Settings in XP and Vista,How Using USB keys to improve Vista performance ,What are Best of Vista,Improvements in Windows Server 2008 and many more at... http://vista-tricks-tips.blogspot.com
December 10th 07 11:45 AM
by Malke Go to last post

From The