Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Downloaded winhlp32.exe doesn't help by maplepower
I have been been downloading and installing this file for weeks. Everyone says it is my fix, but it doesn't work. It IS installed, but I still can no longer get any information from my Windows Help and Support button or read my HTML Help file that is my user's manual. Both, I am told, needed this file as a fix, but it just is not working. I CAN get Windows Help and Support in another profile if...
November 8th 09 09:40 PM
by No Name Go to last post
2 414
Downloaded winhlp32.exe doesn't help by maplepower
I have been been downloading and installing this file for weeks. Everyone says it is my fix, but it doesn't work. It IS installed, but I still can no longer get any information from my Windows Help and Support button or read my HTML Help file that is my user's manual. Both, I am told, needed this file as a fix, but it just is not working. I CAN get Windows Help and Support in another profile if...
November 8th 09 07:09 PM
by maplepower Go to last post
0 290
picture renaming by larserce
i'm using xp too, your former way works in xp. but i think you can rename the pics one by one if the number of the pics is not large. Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums
November 8th 09 05:12 AM
by larserce Go to last post
0 270
picture renaming by larserce
i'm using xp too, your former way works in xp. but i think you can rename the pics one by one if the number of the pics is not large. Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums
November 8th 09 05:12 AM
by larserce Go to last post
0 384
Desktop.ini Files by Wandering Flame
The threads I've searched were more than 371 days old so I couldn't revive them. Yeah I had a question about this... These files, basically, their only function is to tell a folder HOW to display icons, meaning in what view/what icon, to display them as? In other words, deleting a desktop.ini file does not remove, for instance, selectable folder icons, because it only tells a folder HOW to
November 7th 09 06:49 PM
by Wandering Flame Go to last post
0 342
Desktop.ini Files by Wandering Flame
The threads I've searched were more than 371 days old so I couldn't revive them. Yeah I had a question about this... These files, basically, their only function is to tell a folder HOW to display icons, meaning in what view/what icon, to display them as? In other words, deleting a desktop.ini file does not remove, for instance, selectable folder icons, because it only tells a folder HOW to
November 7th 09 06:49 PM
by Wandering Flame Go to last post
0 290
Stored Newsgroup Messages by Gene L.[_2_]
I would like very much to know what the full file path is to locate stored newsgroup messages. I am using Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit. I received some help recently via this newsgroup and was wondering if I can still find the responses I received and read. Many thanks for your help.
November 7th 09 04:53 PM
by Badger[_3_] Go to last post
6 413
Stored Newsgroup Messages by Gene L.[_2_]
I would like very much to know what the full file path is to locate stored newsgroup messages. I am using Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit. I received some help recently via this newsgroup and was wondering if I can still find the responses I received and read. Many thanks for your help.
November 7th 09 04:23 AM
by Gene L.[_2_] Go to last post
0 282
Still Can't Delete a file by JoshinBuffalo
I fussed around without success. Then downloaded the freeware Unlocker 1.8.8, and it removed without a problem. Really frustrating that I couldn't find a simple solution. "Justin" wrote: Windows Vista Ultimate 64. I right click and hit delete on a file and I get Item not found This is no longer located in C:\Users\Justin\Downloads verify the items
November 7th 09 02:58 AM
by JoshinBuffalo Go to last post
0 434
Script for change default user folders ? by Goldrake[_2_]
Is there any script to change in "one-shot" all the default user folders (documents,music,video,favorites,etc..) to another path ? Thank you
November 6th 09 01:18 PM
by Goldrake[_2_] Go to last post
0 440
Script for change default user folders ? by Goldrake[_2_]
Is there any script to change in "one-shot" all the default user folders (documents,music,video,favorites,etc..) to another path ? Thank you
November 6th 09 01:18 PM
by Goldrake[_2_] Go to last post
0 321
Copy and replace most recent file by lmvk99
Hi, I want to copy a bunch of docus in my files to a backup space, but I do not simply want to replace all duplicate files with the ones I am copying, I want it to work out which of the 2 files has been changed the most recently and keep that one. I know I can keep a copy of both, but there are just WAY too many files and I don't want to keep copies. Does vista have the ability to do this?
November 6th 09 10:15 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
6 476
How to prevent a folder from being accidentally deleted? by anh
I have some important files in a folder on my notebook machine and I want to prevent some dork (like me) from accidentally deleting it both on my hard drive and on my backup USB external hard drive. What's the best way to do this? I'm not looking to encrypt the folder or to hide it. I want to still add things to the folder and browse it easily; it's just that I don't want it to be deleted by...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 6th 09 02:36 AM
by anh Go to last post
10 760
Copy and replace most recent file by lmvk99
Hi, I want to copy a bunch of docus in my files to a backup space, but I do not simply want to replace all duplicate files with the ones I am copying, I want it to work out which of the 2 files has been changed the most recently and keep that one. I know I can keep a copy of both, but there are just WAY too many files and I don't want to keep copies. Does vista have the ability to do this?
November 6th 09 02:34 AM
by lmvk99 Go to last post
0 301
Sync Center by Scott Rymer[_2_]
A sales manager on our network is using Offline Files for a share on SBS. There is 1 specific file that gets updated by both the President of our company (local PC) and the sales manager but the sales manager insists he's not updating the file when disconnected from the network. Even so, the file gets out of sync and they end up arguing about updates to the file. What could be causing the...
November 5th 09 07:46 PM
by Scott Rymer[_2_] Go to last post
0 302
Sync Center by Scott Rymer[_2_]
A sales manager on our network is using Offline Files for a share on SBS. There is 1 specific file that gets updated by both the President of our company (local PC) and the sales manager but the sales manager insists he's not updating the file when disconnected from the network. Even so, the file gets out of sync and they end up arguing about updates to the file. What could be causing the...
November 5th 09 07:46 PM
by Scott Rymer[_2_] Go to last post
0 381
Find files and folders by Desmond[_3_]
Find files and folders date modified etc. This worked in XP has been scrapped in vista WHY?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 5th 09 02:48 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
12 606
Find files and folders by Desmond[_3_]
Find files and folders date modified etc. This worked in XP has been scrapped in vista WHY?
November 4th 09 07:55 PM
by Desmond[_3_] Go to last post
0 323
How to prevent a folder from being accidentally deleted? by anh
I have some important files in a folder on my notebook machine and I want to prevent some dork (like me) from accidentally deleting it both on my hard drive and on my backup USB external hard drive. What's the best way to do this? I'm not looking to encrypt the folder or to hide it. I want to still add things to the folder and browse it easily; it's just that I don't want it to be deleted by...
November 4th 09 11:31 AM
by anh Go to last post
0 338
How to format a hard drive that has Windows on it? by grendi
Hello My old PC died so I took its main hard drive (with XP installed on it) and put it in my new PC that already had Vista installed on a hard drive. So now I have on my new PC: a hard drive C: with Vista, and a hard drive L: with XP that is not bootable. I now want to reformat the L: drive. When I go to Disk management and right click on L:, it does not give me the option to format the drive...
November 3rd 09 04:38 PM
by grendi Go to last post

From The