Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Lost of Personal information (meta-data !) by James
Hi people, in Windows XP there was this - http://images2.hiboox.com/images/4707/dzjk9ok4.gif and with this, we can input (or software) information about the file. but in Vista it seem disapere !! and worse ! when we transfere this file to vista and then bring it back to XP all meta-data or gone !!!
November 24th 07 01:43 PM
by James Go to last post
0 172
Resize primary partition in Vista by Larry[_2_]
Hello, I have a Vaio with Vista that I just spent about 10 hours or so cleaning up crapware, etc. from. Now, Sony has a hidden 8GB recovery partition that I very much would like to reclaim. So I deleted the recovery partition using diskpart. Next I went on to try to expand/extend the primary partition, but that option is not available from the GUI and diskpart does not allow it...
November 24th 07 12:31 PM
by jimmuh Go to last post
8 333
Vista Hidden Tools, Tips, Tricks and More!! by Russel Pitt
These Hidden tools will help you get maximum performance,What's Inside Vista: The Best of Vista's New Tools,Tweak Security Settings in XP and Vista, Using USB keys to improve Vista performance , Networking Vista, and more at... http://vista-tricks-tips.blogspot.com
November 24th 07 10:54 AM
by Malke Go to last post
1 153
Changing File Extensions by Culetto
I had a file that Power Point 2007 was supposed to open so when Vista told me to change the extension i did and now ALL shortcuts (No matter what they pointed to) say ''This is not a valid win32 application'' the file extension was .lnk . any way to unset it from power point 2007?? it wont let me remove the association in the control panel.
November 24th 07 10:50 AM
by Ramesh, MS-MVP Go to last post
3 191
MUSIC link gone from Start menu by Marko
The Music icon on the top right side of the Start menu is no longer linked to the Music folder. Properties for this button shows only the "General" tab and everything is empty. 0 bites. Looking at the Music folder Properties it does not show the location tab. The Picture folder does. What do I have to do to get the Start menu link connected again?
November 24th 07 04:36 AM
by Ramesh, MS-MVP Go to last post
3 183
1 user Adm. 2 Desktop, Twin user, Programms jumping: by fritz[_3_]
Fritz: hello. Vista Home 32 Pre installed. E Machines R.click.Start.open. Top: users-App Data-roaming-microsoft-windows-Start menu Folders Desktop 32Items ------ Fritz ''''''''' Computer Windows C fallowed by a long row of folders like (yellow) Documents
November 24th 07 01:54 AM
by Barry Haigh Go to last post
3 190
cant find any of my save as material by jane
when i try to save as an internet or email page after i highlight it , it doesnt save. for example hightlight email body. click file.save as. tell it to save on my desktop. name file. click save as . then the whole save as window disappears and i cant find the saved data. i have done a whole computer search with the name of the file and its says it doesnt exist. i need help please. this...
November 24th 07 01:19 AM
by jane Go to last post
0 172
folders dissapeared from USB drive afer scan and fix option****hel by petra
I have a new laptop and almost every time i put my flash disk in, the message appear which is something like that: that drive has a problem and to choose one of two options - to fix and scan the drive (recommended) or to continue without doing anything. I did choose the first option a couple of times and everything was ok, but choosing this option another time, i noticed that couple of my...
November 24th 07 12:03 AM
by Jabez Gan [MVP] Go to last post
1 186
Personalizing Music Files With Pictures? by Gus
I have a large music collection. I have added an image of each "album cover" to the folder in My Music. Now when I open up My Music the images of album covers jump from one folder to the other!!!! For example: Pink Floyd the Wall will show up with an image on the folder of The Beatles Sgt. Pepper. When you click inside the folder the proper image is inside the folder but the images seemed...
November 23rd 07 07:38 PM
by brink[_1997_] Go to last post
3 180
zip file integration... other archive types? by ltwally[_2_]
Having the Windows Explorer be able to handle ZIP files like folders has been great. I am curious: does anyone know of any other "shell integration" software that would allow RAR, ACE, MSI, 7z, etc etc files be handled in this way, as well? Thanks, -ltwally --
November 23rd 07 06:50 PM
by ltwally[_3_] Go to last post
2 233
System Restore Points without shadow copy - there has got to be a way!! by Larry[_2_]
Hi, I've considering getting a small notebook with a 48 GB Solid State disk, but it only comes with Vista Business. With that little HD space, I really cannot spare 7-8 GB for Shadow Copies. Frankly, I do not need shadow copies of my regular files, but I do need system restore points (they have saved my rear-end more than once in XP). I know that I can shrink the space used for shadow...
November 23rd 07 04:01 PM
by jimmuh Go to last post
9 201
Disk Space Explorer by Alvin L. Villaflores
Hi, all. Is there a utility in Windows Vista Home Basic that shows the percentage of disk space used by drives and folders? I get my hard disk suddenly gone from 34GB free to 5GB free in just days. I didn't install anything that requires 20GB+ of hard disk space. Makes me wonder how did this happen. Thank you.
November 23rd 07 03:31 AM
by brink[_1990_] Go to last post
1 253
Problem Event Name: AppHangXProcB1 Application Name: Explorer.E by weary
When I create a new folder (or delete a folder, or rename a folder, the system hangs with this message: Problem Event Name: AppHangB1 Application Name: explorer.exe Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386 Application Timestamp: 4549b091 Hang Signatu fd87 Hang Type: 6144 OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
November 22nd 07 01:15 PM
by Cyphers Go to last post
1 1,240
how change file icon for a filetype ? by James
everything is on the title... with XP it was ~easy but with Vista ????
November 22nd 07 10:47 AM
by James Go to last post
0 212
How can I delete multiples of Desktop file folder? by Bellas
Somehow with inexperience using Vista, I created a series of Desktop file folders in my user folder, some sited within each other. When I try to delete the multiples, I get a message "The action can't be completed because the folder is open in another program. Close the folder and try again." I'm a bit of a neatness freak, so this multiplicity bothers me a little. Apprecate any help!
November 21st 07 04:13 PM
by epwjr Go to last post
8 205
Mistake by manolo71
Hello everybody, can someboy helpe me please? I have deleted the trash folder by mistake from my desktop and I want to know if can rtrieve it since I want to delete the files from this folder permenently -- Best Regards, Manolo 71
November 21st 07 03:46 PM
by manolo71 Go to last post
2 257
Hidden Vista Tips, Tricks, Tools and More ! by Russel Pitt
These Hidden tools will help you get maximum performance,Tweak Security Settings in XP and Vista, What's Inside Vista: The Best of Vista's New Tools,Using USB keys to improve Vista performance , Networking Vista, and many more at... http://vista-tricks-tips.blogspot.com/
November 21st 07 01:03 PM
by mikeyhsd[_2_] Go to last post
2 183
Command output to file by André Landreau
Hi to all, Using Windows Vista Ultimate, I tried the following "cmd /? /A c:\temp\outfile.txt" it didn't work at all. Is there a way to get a consol command output to a file (i.e. text file) ? Thanks for help André Landreau
November 20th 07 09:54 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
3 196
Why are all my folders and files suddenly Read Only? by No Name
Working in Vista Business. Never happened before. Is there some fix? Thanks in advance. Russel
November 20th 07 08:48 PM
by brink[_1964_] Go to last post
4 597
Windows mail Back-up by Alan Calderon
How do I back up my Email folders to an external hard drive? Where are they?
November 20th 07 07:22 PM
by Wandering[_2_] Go to last post

From The