Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Stopping Vista organising my MP3's into folders by Kevin Heneghan
Hi - I wonder if anyone can help me. Last year I bought a new PC with Vista. I had a music folder with about 3,000 MP3's in it, the tracks just being listed alphabetically, by artist. When I copied this folder to my new PC, Vista organised all the tracks into folders according to the artist. This means that instead of having a folder full of tracks, all separate, they're now in a huge number...
November 3rd 09 07:22 AM
by Camper Go to last post
4 418
Stopping Vista organising my MP3's into folders by Kevin Heneghan
Hi - I wonder if anyone can help me. Last year I bought a new PC with Vista. I had a music folder with about 3,000 MP3's in it, the tracks just being listed alphabetically, by artist. When I copied this folder to my new PC, Vista organised all the tracks into folders according to the artist. This means that instead of having a folder full of tracks, all separate, they're now in a huge number...
November 2nd 09 12:05 PM
by Kevin Heneghan Go to last post
0 269
Importing files from xp by Poor Richard
Several questions. How do I import my address book and message stores from xp to vista. I was using OE v7 and now its windows mail? What is the file name for the address book in vista? Where is the message stores located in vista? Is there a document or file somewhere that I can read that answers questions of converting from xp to vista? Thanks for the help/
October 31st 09 03:07 PM
by Dave T.[_4_] Go to last post
6 375
Missing torrent files by Zilius
I recently torrent a file which seems to be missing from my pc. One of the solution proposed by some of the older forum thread includes selecting compatibility files. I'm not sure what they meant by compatibility files? I'm using vista x64 and I checked everywhere but I can't seem to find what they are talking about. some sources says it might be in the temporary internet folders. my folder...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 31st 09 03:37 AM
by R. C. White Go to last post
16 588
Need Help with Vista Undelete Files by Richard K
I accidentally deleted files from the Vista Home computer. There were about 5 folders in My Pictures, each folder containing several hundred pictures. The files were too large for the Recycle Bin so it was bypassed permenantly deleted. I realized this RIGHT AFTER I did it so I have not altered the hard drive. I am thinking the files (.jpg) are still there but I need to undelete...
October 31st 09 02:54 AM
by sportsphotoguy Go to last post
5 379
find big files by shakey[_2_]
I am a XP person trying to help a old lady with a Vista problem. Something has used up 245Gb of her 250GB HD. This is after using all built in disk maintenance programs such as Disk Cleanup. She originally had zero bites free but I deleted some unused programs and recovered some space "5GB". Some programs I cannot delete, I believe this is due to the OS not having room to shuffle files. Is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 30th 09 08:10 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
10 482
Importing files from xp by Poor Richard
Several questions. How do I import my address book and message stores from xp to vista. I was using OE v7 and now its windows mail? What is the file name for the address book in vista? Where is the message stores located in vista? Is there a document or file somewhere that I can read that answers questions of converting from xp to vista? Thanks for the help/
October 30th 09 05:54 PM
by Poor Richard Go to last post
0 245
How to format a hard drive that has Windows on it? by grendi
Hello My old PC died so I took its main hard drive (with XP installed on it) and put it in my new PC that already had Vista installed on a hard drive. So now I have on my new PC: a hard drive C: with Vista, and a hard drive L: with XP that is not bootable. I now want to reformat the L: drive. When I go to Disk management and right click on L:, it does not give me the option to format the drive...
October 30th 09 12:46 PM
by grendi Go to last post
0 270
Missing torrent files by Zilius
I recently torrent a file which seems to be missing from my pc. One of the solution proposed by some of the older forum thread includes selecting compatibility files. I'm not sure what they meant by compatibility files? I'm using vista x64 and I checked everywhere but I can't seem to find what they are talking about. some sources says it might be in the temporary internet folders. my folder...
October 30th 09 09:33 AM
by Zilius Go to last post
0 270
find big files by shakey[_2_]
I am a XP person trying to help a old lady with a Vista problem. Something has used up 245Gb of her 250GB HD. This is after using all built in disk maintenance programs such as Disk Cleanup. She originally had zero bites free but I deleted some unused programs and recovered some space "5GB". Some programs I cannot delete, I believe this is due to the OS not having room to shuffle files. Is...
October 29th 09 07:30 PM
by shakey[_2_] Go to last post
0 237
where does download files gone by abdullah
Im running windows vista now & I want to download some files from internet frist I selct where I want to seve the file then the file is getting download but after the download complited a sound pops & download screan goes off without asking me to run or close the pops??? even in the path which I give to be save in it I did not get any downloaded file where does the downloaded file gone ???
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 29th 09 12:50 PM
by Stevieboy Go to last post
13 584
convert swf to avi for embeding into powerpoint by Christiankp
how can i convert swf to avi and insert it to ppt? anyone tried before? plz tell me the detail steps. Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums
October 28th 09 10:46 AM
by Christiankp Go to last post
0 226
Why UAC pop up for certain file operation? by james
When deleting a file, sometimes UAC pops up requesting confirmation, sometimes it doesn't. When running a .exe file, sometimes UAC pops up (usually newly downloaded files) and sometimes it doesn't (installed .exe). What governs this behavior? How can I make UAC not pop up on a particular file?
October 27th 09 06:38 PM
by Brink Go to last post
2 350
Why UAC pop up for certain file operation? by james
When deleting a file, sometimes UAC pops up requesting confirmation, sometimes it doesn't. When running a .exe file, sometimes UAC pops up (usually newly downloaded files) and sometimes it doesn't (installed .exe). What governs this behavior? How can I make UAC not pop up on a particular file?
October 27th 09 04:47 PM
by james Go to last post
0 261
ntfs fle structure by vindssstar
Hi guys. I'm new to the forum. I'm using diskeeper home edition in my vista business edition for the ntfs file system fragmentation. Recently i bought a 500 gb sata hard disk. the analyzed structure is shown. It would be better if the system files moved for better performance for new data. Is ther any way. thanks
October 26th 09 03:55 PM
by Benjamin[_25_] Go to last post
1 223
How to restore User's profile's junctions? by Eric B.
Hi, I have a user's profile that has crashed. Luckily, I have full daily backups of his profile, so can easily restore the files. However, my problem is all the special junctions that Vista and Win7 have added to the profile directories for backwards-compatibility. No backup software I have seen (short of complete imaging software) seems to backup and/or restore junction points.
October 24th 09 01:58 AM
by Eric B. Go to last post
0 227
How to restore User's profile's junctions? by Eric B.
Hi, I have a user's profile that has crashed. Luckily, I have full daily backups of his profile, so can easily restore the files. However, my problem is all the special junctions that Vista and Win7 have added to the profile directories for backwards-compatibility. No backup software I have seen (short of complete imaging software) seems to backup and/or restore junction points.
October 24th 09 01:58 AM
by Eric B. Go to last post
0 322
Windows 7 by Brinner
I have tried to upgrade to Windows 7 but it failed to do so. The reason being that a file x8007075 is missing can anyone tell me how I can get this file back.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 23rd 09 12:01 PM
by pacinitaly Go to last post
22 888
Recoving 7 Zip Archive - Cannot open file 'xampp.7z' as archive by GodsDead
Cannot open file 'xampp.7z' as archive error. Hey all, i recently created a backup of all my websites, databases and many projects, using a backup tool: cobian backup 9. This created three files for the folder i was backing up (my xampp directroy) These were three 7-zip files split into 700mb, 001, 002, and 003. I copyed these to an external HDD, re-formatted my Main HDD in my machine,...
October 23rd 09 02:56 AM
by Erasmus Go to last post
5 544
Crosslinked directories by Alan Biddle
I seem to have "cross linked" directories. For example: C:\Documents and Settings\Alan\AppData\Roaming\SatPC32\Kepler C:\Users\Alan\AppData\Roaming\SatPC32\Kepler However, they reference the same contents. That is, if you copy a file to one, it appears in both, and if you delete a file in one, it disappears from both. There are literally dozens of them, similar to the above except for
October 22nd 09 05:09 PM
by Ken Blake, MVP Go to last post

From The