Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
search history by teemack
how can i find the history of sites that hve been visited
October 1st 07 08:24 PM
by Jane C Go to last post
2 139
What happened to the filmstrip view in Windows Explorer? by Angelique
I selected "pictures" as the type of folder, but there is no 'filmstrip" or "slideshow" view in Windows Explorer. Where did it go, and is there a substitute for it?
October 1st 07 08:19 PM
by Dave Go to last post
1 174
Vista Search and Lotus Notes iFilter by Per Hellberg
I'm running Vista 64-bit and Lotus Notes 7.0.2. I've installed the Search addin for Lotus Notes. It seems to install (it add a Notes location to be indexed). But I can't control which Notes databases to index. The read-me says that after installation, there will be a new tab in the indexing advanced options, but it's not there.
October 1st 07 07:56 PM
by Per Hellberg Go to last post
0 167
Pagefile encryption with EFS enabled but pagefile.sys is not green by Luca Villa
In Windows Vista I enabled pagefile encryption with EFS (via secpol.msc - Public Key Policies - Encrypting File System - Properties - Enable pagefile encryption) and rebooted Windows but pagefile.sys is still black. Why doesn't it become green like my other EFS encrypted files? how can I be sure that it's encrypted?
October 1st 07 06:03 PM
by Alun Jones Go to last post
1 252
I can't save any attachments using winmail. by David Jeffery
I get a message saying 'The command failed to execute'. It then takes me to the communities group with a suggestion to buy Outlook 2003!! Has anyone got a better solution. I can't access any attachments on new mails or existing ones since the upgrade to Vista. Thanks in advance David
October 1st 07 05:16 PM
by istavinoha Go to last post
2 230
How do i delete folder with no name? by nonamefolder
i managed to erase a folder name, by renaming it with ctrl held down, and pressing 255 on the number key. this earsed the name of the folder, since doing this i have been unable to delete that folder. it is just an empty folder but it wont allow me to move, or delete it from my desktop. If anyone can help me it would be greatly apricated.
October 1st 07 07:19 AM
by brink[_1319_] Go to last post
1 191
Cant save in Pocket Word Format by Luke
Hi I have a PDA and would like to use that to jot down notes and stuff while in a meeting. It has pocket word on it. The only thing is when I try and save a document in Pocket Word format it says 'cannot start the converter pwiocfcnv'. Is there anyway I can get it to start? Luke
September 30th 07 04:53 PM
by Luke Go to last post
0 160
Signatures by Somchai
I just installed Vista and have copied all my Data back. The only thing I cannot find are the signatures Folder for Outlook. Surely this folder has to be somewhere. I have lots of Signatures I am working with and I don't want to create them all new. Where is this Folder located to copy the backed up signatures to. Thanks
September 30th 07 12:10 PM
by Somchai Go to last post
0 186
Files not shown by zerg987
Vista is not showing some files in a folder. If I search for the files the system displays them & Vista shows the folder location. If I open the files from the search window the files open properly. However, when I go to the file location the files are not shown. I have the folder set up to display Hidden Files. The files are word processor files both Word and Works.
September 30th 07 06:34 AM
by zerg987 Go to last post
0 202
where have all of my documents gone? by imrkelly
sorry if this question has already been addressed. i don't know anything about computers or vista. i put my computer in sleep mode, came back hours later and forgot that i didn't just shut it off, so i turned it off and then on again. i sign in with my user name and find that all of my documents are gone. how do i retrieve them? also, my laptop freezes every few hours or so, and apparently...
September 29th 07 08:01 PM
by imrkelly Go to last post
0 139
Tags in Vista Home Premium by jc
Hi, Can you add tags to files other than images? I notice that images are the only files which have the tags property. thanks justin
September 29th 07 03:26 PM
by Emilou Go to last post
1 152
Intalling Fonts off the internet... by Eliz
Okay, hi. My computer broke down, I think it was Windows 2000. I could download fonts on that computer. This computer, I do the same process, but it doesn't show up on the fonts file! Well, I guess my problem is extracting the font files. I click on "Extract All Files". When the window pops up I click on BrowseComputerWindowsFont. (That's what I did on my old computer.) I click...
September 29th 07 02:47 PM
by Eliz Go to last post
0 149
b/u vista by joblow
bougght acer aspinre laptop. it seeems not to have Vista CD. how do i make a backup copy of Windows Vista. bear in mind i don't have any Pdt. Key as no Vista media was included in box. BTW: is this SOP or should i be looking for Vista CD with computer?
September 29th 07 02:46 PM
by joblow Go to last post
7 144
Is there a limit to the number of subfolders in Vista? by md
Is there a limit to the number of subfolders that can be in a folder? Will the pictures folder max out with a specific number of subfolders?
September 28th 07 05:55 AM
by md Go to last post
2 128
Moving a directory / file from 1 location to another folder by MrMusic
Easy with XP, click on the folder, go to Edit-Move to Folder with a handy button on lower left screen that allows a user to "Make NEW folder" In all my years of using computers (27 years) I have NOT come across such a dysfunctional app as VISTA. You gotta be real good to make something this BAD. Any help is apprecitaed. Have a Great Week!
September 28th 07 05:41 AM
by Ronnie Vernon MVP Go to last post
4 149
newbie-backup data by joblow
new user to vista. can not quite figure out backup. all i want to do is drag word docs to CD_RW to have copies.
September 28th 07 05:35 AM
by Ronnie Vernon MVP Go to last post
1 158
how can I prevent windows to write my files at virtual store folde by Isaac
This is driving me crazy! I have lost 10 days of programming due to this "bug" or new windows vista "feature" :( I´m working in my application and saving every file in the folder I choose. Everything seems ok, but suddenly, after load it yesterday I lost all the work of 10 days because Vista load files written in another folder!!! I was forced to unistall all my software to start from the...
September 28th 07 05:05 AM
by Ronnie Vernon MVP Go to last post
3 158
problems finding files by halphalphalp!
hi, I just started using GameCam with Vista today, and am was trying to find some recordings I saved earlier. The program told me it saved the video, but when I checked the default location in Program Files, nothing was there. I tried changing the location to the default Video folder and could find the files. Then I changed it back to the default location in the Program File folder, saved...
September 28th 07 04:30 AM
by Ronnie Vernon MVP Go to last post
1 142
Moved Contacts to C:\Users over my profile and I have a copy of my profile under my profile in the explorer only. by Josh Young
I don't know how I did this but I have my user profile showing up under my user profile when looking at it in the explorer, but it isn't showing up in the file system like that. How do I get rid of this extra profile folder that keeps showing up in my home folder when I open up my home folder from the start menu? Remember it is only when looking at it in the home folder in windows, not...
September 28th 07 04:13 AM
by Ronnie Vernon MVP Go to last post
5 223
Can't save modifed HOSTS file by Merlin
I am trying to add a line to the HOSTS file in /Window/System32/drivers/etc directory (Per HP instructions on a scanner communication problem) and vista won't let me save the changes (using Notepad). Keeps telling me can't create the file be sure directory and location are correct. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? -- Using Vista Home Premium on a tablet PC Thanks,
September 27th 07 08:00 PM
by Malke Go to last post

From The