Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Windows 7 by Brinner
I have tried to upgrade to Windows 7 but it failed to do so. The reason being that a file x8007075 is missing can anyone tell me how I can get this file back.
October 22nd 09 03:33 PM
by Brinner Go to last post
0 92
Crosslinked directories by Alan Biddle
I seem to have "cross linked" directories. For example: C:\Documents and Settings\Alan\AppData\Roaming\SatPC32\Kepler C:\Users\Alan\AppData\Roaming\SatPC32\Kepler However, they reference the same contents. That is, if you copy a file to one, it appears in both, and if you delete a file in one, it disappears from both. There are literally dozens of them, similar to the above except for
October 22nd 09 03:25 PM
by Alan Biddle Go to last post
0 99
music & pictures extensions? by Bruce--M
Is there a secret to having the 3 letter extensions being displyed in "my pictures" & in "my music" folders? I can copy a file from within these folders & paste it elsewhere & straight away I can see the extension. I've tried opening the folder & going to tools etc & set it to "not hide ......" but it doesn't change it.
October 22nd 09 03:07 AM
by Bruce--M Go to last post
2 188
music & pictures extensions? by Bruce--M
Is there a secret to having the 3 letter extensions being displyed in "my pictures" & in "my music" folders? I can copy a file from within these folders & paste it elsewhere & straight away I can see the extension. I've tried opening the folder & going to tools etc & set it to "not hide ......" but it doesn't change it.
October 22nd 09 02:46 AM
by Bruce--M Go to last post
0 83
Access Folder Denied by suhjonathan
I have a HP Pavilion dv4 Entertainment PC with processors as AMD Turion™ X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-72 2.10 GHZ. OS is Windows Vista™ Home Premium Service Pack 2. Antivirus is AVG 8.5 Free Edition and Windows Defender. I downloaded Free Video Joiner and then didn’t like it so I uninstalled it. After I uninstalled it, a window came up saying something like “Windows did not delete all the files. You...
October 21st 09 02:48 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
7 90
find file containing text inside the file by rgrainer
Please tell me how can I find a file, such as a text file, that contains a specific string within the file. For example I create (AutoCAD) Autolisp programs with an extention of *.lsp which is just a basic text file that contains my code. In XP (I got rid of the dog and set it up to the advanced appearance) I just clicked on the search button and entered *.lsp (in the first box that says...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 21st 09 02:06 PM
by Retroman Go to last post
14 361
Access Folder Denied by Gordon[_9_]
"suhjonathan" wrote in message ... I have a HP Pavilion dv4 Entertainment PC with processors as AMD TurionT X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-72 2.10 GHZ. OS is Windows VistaT Home Premium Service Pack 2. Antivirus is AVG 8.5 Free Edition and Windows Defender. I downloaded Free Video Joiner and then didn't like it so I...
October 20th 09 10:25 PM
by Gordon[_9_] Go to last post
2 189
Vista File Backup - Help by Bendort
Hi, I'm running Windows vista 64 bit and I have a 600Gb hard drive, I've also brought a 1tb external drive to use for backing up. However within a month Windows Vista has already filled my 1Tb external drive and has now stopped backing up my files (note: it's only file backup not full OS back up) - which is crazy - rather than delete some old backups and overwrite them with a new backup it feels...
October 20th 09 01:13 PM
by DL[_3_] Go to last post
2 214
lnk file association by Daemonfyre
Long story short, I'm another one of the dozens of people whose shortcuts and start menu files have turned into unassociated .lnk files. I've looked at several other threads and tried the fix that they point to, namely the .reg fix file. However, whenever I try to merge the file I get an error message that reads: Cannot import C:\lnk_vista.reg: Not all data was successfully written to the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 20th 09 12:15 AM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
35 688
Backup Failed by bobg
Vista Home Premium SP2. Backup failed. First time in 3 years of monthly backups. Window appears: Parameter is incorrect. (0X80070057). I've never seen this before. Any suggestions? bobg
October 19th 09 03:34 PM
by bobg Go to last post
0 186
Backup Failed by bobg
Vista Home Premium SP2. Backup failed. First time in 3 years of monthly backups. Window appears: Parameter is incorrect. (0X80070057). I've never seen this before. Any suggestions? bobg
October 19th 09 03:34 PM
by bobg Go to last post
0 103
Probelem opening .htm files stored on my hard drive by anh
I downloaded some files from Wikipedia to look at when I'm offline, but I'm getting an error message when I double-click on the file from within Windows Explorer. An error box appears to say: WINDOWS CANNOT FIND 'DRIVE/DIRECTOREY/FILENAME.HTM'. MAKE SURE YOU TYPED THE NAME CORRECTLY, AND THEN TRY AGAIN. But behind that box the file opens normally, with all pictures and other elements. The...
October 19th 09 10:54 AM
by anh Go to last post
0 166
Probelem opening .htm files stored on my hard drive by anh
I downloaded some files from Wikipedia to look at when I'm offline, but I'm getting an error message when I double-click on the file from within Windows Explorer. An error box appears to say: WINDOWS CANNOT FIND 'DRIVE/DIRECTOREY/FILENAME.HTM'. MAKE SURE YOU TYPED THE NAME CORRECTLY, AND THEN TRY AGAIN. But behind that box the file opens normally, with all pictures and other elements. The...
October 19th 09 10:54 AM
by anh Go to last post
0 71
Vista File Backup - Help by Bendort
Hi, I'm running Windows vista 64 bit and I have a 600Gb hard drive, I've also brought a 1tb external drive to use for backing up. However within a month Windows Vista has already filled my 1Tb external drive and has now stopped backing up my files (note: it's only file backup not full OS back up) - which is crazy - rather than delete some old backups and overwrite them with a new backup it feels...
October 19th 09 09:16 AM
by Bendort Go to last post
0 90
vista ultimate 32bit freeze on file copy to usb by Gilbert Lynds
Hi, I have Vista Ultimate with SP2 and updates. For some reason copying files to or from usb drive freezes the computer. lights still on but nothing happening. mouse pointer wont move nor any keys on keyboard. left for half hour and still same. Used to work fine. tried different usb drives and same problem. partitioned drive and no problem copying between partitions. Reinstalled Vista and...
October 19th 09 06:26 AM
by Gilbert Lynds Go to last post
0 83
vista ultimate 32bit freeze on file copy to usb by Gilbert Lynds
Hi, I have Vista Ultimate with SP2 and updates. For some reason copying files to or from usb drive freezes the computer. lights still on but nothing happening. mouse pointer wont move nor any keys on keyboard. left for half hour and still same. Used to work fine. tried different usb drives and same problem. partitioned drive and no problem copying between partitions. Reinstalled Vista and...
October 19th 09 06:26 AM
by Gilbert Lynds Go to last post
0 187
Destination folder access denied! by danllrr
Running Windows Vista x64 I'm sure this has been posted many times before... I've tried everything, though. I "reformatted" while protecting all my data...which was left in a folder called "BACKUP". The contents of the folder is Program Files, Program Files (x86), User, and WINDOWS. None of the files are in use. I would like to delete it, as it is hogging 30gb. I have tried taking ownership by...
October 18th 09 07:07 AM
by jcgriff2[_2_] Go to last post
2 182
Destination folder access denied! by danllrr
Running Windows Vista x64 I'm sure this has been posted many times before... I've tried everything, though. I "reformatted" while protecting all my data...which was left in a folder called "BACKUP". The contents of the folder is Program Files, Program Files (x86), User, and WINDOWS. None of the files are in use. I would like to delete it, as it is hogging 30gb. I have tried taking ownership by...
October 17th 09 01:08 AM
by danllrr Go to last post
0 83
How to remove entries in Windows Explorer right-click menu? by anh
I have a lot of entries in my right-click menu in Windows Explorer. Is there a way to edit this menu to take out the items I don't use? Thanks for any help/suggestions. -- anh -Jesus loves me but I just want to be friends, so it's kind of awkward.-
October 16th 09 11:32 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
8 171
Vista Home 64bit, Can I reallocate my 'C' drive? by mainframeguy
Want to relocate my System Drive, I have it set up as 1TB (full). Can I relocate and change partitions sizes. If i can, then how would I accomplish this task? Thanks Sey
October 15th 09 07:53 PM
by lemur Go to last post

From The