Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
How To Edit Existing Tags List by bigshop
I have some tags that i have entered before and mis-spelt the tag when entering I have since corrected the mis-spelt tags for the files associated but the initial mis-spelt tag continues to appear in my dropdown list of choices of tags to apply to existing files Is there somewhere i can go to either edit or delete a tag from the Windows dropdown tag list
August 10th 07 01:06 AM
by Colecamp girl Go to last post
3 215
Synchronizing a user account between 2 computer by David Coll
Hello, I'm currently trying to sync my user account between my desktop PC and my laptop. I would like to share the totality of the settings of an account on the other. To help me sync the files, I've tried SyncToy and it's been working correctly copying files from the user account (except that it doesn't erase the files when synchronising..and it doesn't support too long filename/filepath).
August 9th 07 11:39 PM
by David Coll Go to last post
0 173
File disappear after rename by oeshoe
I use Vista Ultimate with the Chinese font. Using Windows Explorer, renaming a file of a Chinese file name to a differnt name will often make the file disappear from Windows Explore. For example, rename fileName-北京.mp3 to fileName-上海.mp3 will sometimes make the file disppear. Redo-Rename will bring the file back. If after typing the new file name, instead of hittin the...
August 9th 07 09:02 PM
by oeshoe Go to last post
0 193
Can One Folder display Files from multiple source folders? by Ben604
Hi I would like to know if i can link folders on drives (or network) other than the one my user folder is located on, to display via my user folder. So when the shell displays my user music folder it should show files and folders located in that folder as well as files and folders located in the folder linked to it. I played around with symbolc links, but could not get it to work. Is this
August 9th 07 12:22 PM
by Ben604 Go to last post
0 235
Deleting in My Documents by beejay
Whilst deleting photos to Recycle Bin, not only did they go into Bin but they were duplicated in My Documents; now I have 160 files! instead of only 40! Can someone please help? -- beejays
August 9th 07 05:16 AM
by beejay Go to last post
0 208
Help: How to turn off a really annoying Explorer "Feature" by Speedy
Hello Forgive me if this has been asked before but I could not find a good answer anywhere... Explorer chooses the columns that display in Explorer in Details view I guess based on it's own assessment of what will be relevant... so for example when you view a directory with MP3s in it, Explorer shows ID3 tags as columns. I HATE THIS FEATURE!!! I just want to see the standard columns......
August 9th 07 05:00 AM
by Speedy Go to last post
0 163
Search engine by Juliano
How to search texts inside of documents?
August 9th 07 03:15 AM
by brink[_284_] Go to last post
2 164
Customize Vista's System Restore? by Phillip Pi
In Windows XP, I could customize each drive to have a non-default size (low as 200 MB), disable, or enable for the system restore feature. In Vista, I cannot customize each drive. I can only enable and disable it. Did I miss this option in Vista? Thank you in advance. :) -- Phillip Pi Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 8th 07 06:02 PM
by Bert Kinney Go to last post
12 344
Sort by name doesnt sort correctly in my opinion by douglasgblake
Explorer does not seem to sort files by name in the order I expect. e.g. 0x2A.txt 0x20.txt 0xA2.txt is the order shown but I expected item 1 to be after item 2. Doug Blake
August 8th 07 02:17 PM
by Ramesh, MS-MVP Go to last post
5 152
Stop folder views changing? Please! by Julian
Madness beckons... I know about folder templates, I also know that - bizarrely - the view a folder presents can depend on how you reached it (though if anyone ... "using your skill and judgement in 20 words or less" can explain the principles feel free!:), and I know that there is a 5000 (?) limit on the number of "individual" views that Vista will remember (if only!) My (increasing)...
August 8th 07 02:51 AM
by brink[_262_] Go to last post
6 159
CHM file extension not recognized or supported by fritz
Hi My OS is vista business.I've got nero7 installed and it works brilliant exept when i open the manuals section.The "CHM" files are not supported and can't be opened.Can somebody please show me how to rectify this problem as these are helpfiles and very handy to have.Regards Fritz
August 7th 07 11:40 PM
by Fritz Go to last post
8 160
Brand new file extension? by weary
I have searched all over, and found nothing. I want to create a new file extension called "wry". And I don't really need to associate it with anything, but in case that bit of information is required for an answer here in this forum, let's say I want to open it with notepad. How to do this? thanks,
August 7th 07 09:36 PM
by Michael Go to last post
1 140
Cannot find files by Charles
Everytime i download a file it seems to have downloaded properly but when i go to the folder where the file was supposed to be, it is empty. I have just spent 2 hours with the online chat support, did not get anywhere. I have read on here people with the same situation but it doesnt seem like they have a solution either. Please help I cannot download anything and it is miserable.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 7th 07 07:52 PM
by slltigger Go to last post
21 479
Can't change read only on external hard drive by Christoph
I have all my data on an external hard drive and was working with it from my old XP-system without a problem. In Vista all files are suddenly read only, and allthough I unclicked it in my administrator account and applied the changes, once it is done the files are still read only! Please let me know how I can get rid of that read only on my stuff Thanks Christoph
August 7th 07 06:51 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
6 181
My usuable cd's in xp are unvisible at vista.Cds seems to empty. by Serhatblyz
Hi! I wanna help, because I have a problem with vista. I can't reach my files in my cds. My cds are usuable at xp, but I can't see my files when I put my cd to my vista computer. My mp3 cds and some photograph cds are seems to be empty. In stange, some folders are okay but some folders are empty in the same cd. All of cds are good in windows xp. I want to transfer the files to vista. Please...
August 7th 07 12:52 PM
by Serhatblyz Go to last post
0 180
Deleted File and double saving by David H
I had to reformat my hard drive and lost the picture folder and search can no find it on the hard drive. Is there a way to redown or find it. Also when I save a document in my documents it saves there and in my owner folder in documents. Is there any way to get it to just save to documents.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 7th 07 05:13 AM
by dean-dean Go to last post
10 315
office 2007 Outlook - Search function failure by Thaolaf
Hallo, since about 2 week's, I don't get resaults via my seach-function (I did install all updates from MS) What can it be? I'm very sure I didn't change anything in the 'Outloock Office 2007 Options.' I did changes in the IE, about the cookie's Can changes in the IE have any affect to "vista outlook 2007 search "?
August 7th 07 03:44 AM
by Thaolaf Go to last post
0 209
Deleated files and double saving by David H
I had to reformat and reinstall vista now my picture file is deleated and can not find it on the computer any where. Is there a way to get this back. Also when I save to my docutments, it also saves in my owners folder double saving. Is there a way to stop this.
August 7th 07 01:16 AM
by David H Go to last post
2 190
Can't save file in localized folder by Carl
Hello I'm running Win Vista Business (Swedish version) and have trouble saving a simple text-file using notepad. Keep getting a messeage (in Swedish) that the file path or filename is not valid. I believe the reason to the problem is Vistas new approach to localization of folder names. A number of system folders have localized names such as "c:\program files" which in my language is called...
August 6th 07 09:58 PM
by Carl Go to last post
2 157
deleting vista RC windows folder and program files folder by Rob Holmes
Hello, I have a PC with two hard drives configured as basic disks. On one disk I have an install of Vista Business and on the other I have a old install of a Vista release canidate. The partition with the Vista RC files now being used for storage. I have tried to delete the Windows and Program Files folders as my normal Vista user account, and using the hidden Administrator account. The...
August 6th 07 03:52 PM
by Rob Holmes Go to last post

From The