Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Vista Home 64bit, Can I reallocate my 'C' drive? by mainframeguy
Want to relocate my System Drive, I have it set up as 1TB (full). Can I relocate and change partitions sizes. If i can, then how would I accomplish this task? Thanks Sey
October 15th 09 07:35 PM
by mainframeguy Go to last post
0 232
Is Acronis Startup Recovery compatible with Vista Startup Repair? by Tim Walters[_2_]
My laptop is an HP Pavilion Entertainment PC and my OS is Vista Home Premium Version 6.0 Build 6000. I haven't been able to install SP1. I've done a mirror image of Drive C on an external HD by Acronis. Acronis offers the option of accessing Startup Recovery (through F11) if the OS fails to boot. Is there any danger of a conflict between this and Vista's own startup repair system? Second...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 15th 09 06:50 PM
by Tim Walters[_2_] Go to last post
14 643
How to view Vista AppData folder in Windows Explorer? by Mike M
1. I noticed that not all my temporary files were being deleted when I used TOOLS/INTERNET OPTIONS/Browsing History/Delete (all). Why is this so? 2. However, when I tried to find them, in a subfolder of AppData, I couldn't find the AppData folder, even though I checked the box to show hidden folders. Why is this so? 3. Also, why is Vista designed to frustrate us like this?
October 15th 09 10:17 AM
by RobiW Go to last post
8 331
How to remove entries in Windows Explorer right-click menu? by anh
I have a lot of entries in my right-click menu in Windows Explorer. Is there a way to edit this menu to take out the items I don't use? Thanks for any help/suggestions. -- anh -Jesus loves me but I just want to be friends, so it's kind of awkward.-
October 15th 09 02:52 AM
by anh Go to last post
0 227
error messege by montana[_2_]
windows cannot find "c:/user/(my user name)/desttop/(file)/(file).bat make sure you tipe the name correctly and then try again it seems that its only windows batch files not one batch file is working. i had a problom with the hardware a bit ago and went to the shop(acer) forgot where i sent it but it was where they make them so i got it back and it dose not work plz someone help -- montana
October 15th 09 12:45 AM
by montana[_2_] Go to last post
4 346
Using "Select multiple files or folders" by John[_22_]
I want to select a long string of files (for deletion). Vista Help says: --To select a consecutive group of file or folders, click the first item, hold down the SHIFT key, and then click the last item. --To select a consecutive group of files or folders without using the keyboard, drag the mouse pointer to create a selection around the outside of all the items you want to include.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 14th 09 07:46 PM
by Brink Go to last post
26 801
Is Acronis Startup Recovery compatible with Vista Startup Repair? by Tim Walters[_2_]
My laptop is an HP Pavilion Entertainment PC and my OS is Vista Home Premium Version 6.0 Build 6000. I haven't been able to install SP1. I've done a mirror image of Drive C on an external HD by Acronis. Acronis offers the option of accessing Startup Recovery (through F11) if the OS fails to boot. Is there any danger of a conflict between this and Vista's own startup repair system? Second...
October 14th 09 04:38 PM
by Tim Walters[_2_] Go to last post
0 217
error messege by montana[_2_]
windows cannot find "c:/user/(my user name)/desttop/(file)/(file).bat make sure you tipe the name correctly and then try again it seems that its only windows batch files not one batch file is working. i had a problom with the hardware a bit ago and went to the shop(acer) forgot where i sent it but it was where they make them so i got it back and it dose not work plz someone help -- montana
October 14th 09 07:16 AM
by montana[_2_] Go to last post
0 215
Using "Select multiple files or folders" by John[_22_]
I want to select a long string of files (for deletion). Vista Help says: --To select a consecutive group of file or folders, click the first item, hold down the SHIFT key, and then click the last item. --To select a consecutive group of files or folders without using the keyboard, drag the mouse pointer to create a selection around the outside of all the items you want to include.
October 12th 09 09:29 PM
by John[_22_] Go to last post
0 236
Partitioning caused a rights problem by darkgandhi05
I tried out Windows 7 on a new partition on my hard drive and I only gave it about 30gb. Since I liked it better than Vista I ended up using it more than I thought...and i ran out of space. So I tried to expand the partition and that didn't work properly and Windows 7 won't boot up anymore. That's fine, I'll delete the Windows 7 partition. Only problem is that while accessing some of my Vista...
October 11th 09 11:11 PM
by theog Go to last post
4 332
Partitioning caused a rights problem by darkgandhi05
I tried out Windows 7 on a new partition on my hard drive and I only gave it about 30gb. Since I liked it better than Vista I ended up using it more than I thought...and i ran out of space. So I tried to expand the partition and that didn't work properly and Windows 7 won't boot up anymore. That's fine, I'll delete the Windows 7 partition. Only problem is that while accessing some of my Vista...
October 11th 09 10:17 PM
by darkgandhi05 Go to last post
0 214
Unable to find file that we previously used just two weeks ago by srw
We are unable to find a few files on my husbands computer that we previously accessed just two weeks ago. We tried to do a search and came up with nothing, but we can't find them now. Any suggestions?
October 11th 09 08:16 PM
by Ken Blake, MVP Go to last post
2 250
Unable to find file that we previously used just two weeks ago by srw
We are unable to find a few files on my husbands computer that we previously accessed just two weeks ago. We tried to do a search and came up with nothing, but we can't find them now. Any suggestions?
October 11th 09 07:52 PM
by srw Go to last post
0 222
Cant delete, rename, ect. tried admin rights, moveonboot, ect., and the file is empty by dedicateddoug
I have i dvd file that is empty from attempting to rip my dvd to convert onto my psp. The process failed, but i still have the empty file folder on my harddrive. I cannot do anything with it, delete, copy, rename, ect. I have tried taking ownership, moveonboot removal tool, and everthing an itermediate coputer guy would do. I have google and read numerous articles related to this, nothing works....
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 11th 09 05:00 PM
by GTS Go to last post
12 524
Annoing behavior when viewing folders by fbernaus
From time to time my Windows Vista seems to forget my folders settings and changes its properties. I like to see ALL my folders like regular folders, i.e. file name, last modified date, size and type. All of a sudden some or all of the folders change to 'Image and videos', why the hell would I want to know when a Word document was captured with my camera (if this makes any sense)? then I go to...
October 11th 09 04:58 PM
by fbernaus Go to last post
0 199
Confused about \[username] folder by yopumpkinhead
Hi all, I just got Vista and am still learning how it works, so please forgive me if this is a simple question. I noticed today when installing some of my software that my folder does not show up when browsing in C:\Users\. The only folders there are Default and Public. My folder is accessible under "Desktop" in the Explore menu, but it is not in C:\Users. Why not, and how do I put it back?
October 10th 09 04:11 AM
by yopumpkinhead Go to last post
0 270
Can someone help me with my hard drive? by haydenjd
Hey, Here is a picture of what is on my hard drive now. Can you tell me what I can delete? I want to get rid of some of these files and folders. Thanks! +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
October 9th 09 11:21 PM
by haydenjd Go to last post
0 216
File name too long restoring from shadow by Kenneth Porter
A user reported problems with his profile and attempted to restore the entire profile from a restore point from the previous day. (He didn't know to restore from a *different* profile such as Administrator so files wouldn't be locked.) I found it blocked unable to copy the thumbnailcache files from Windows/Explorer. I skipped those, figuring it was normal for them to be locked, and started...
October 9th 09 05:35 AM
by Kenneth Porter Go to last post
0 209
File name too long restoring from shadow by Kenneth Porter
A user reported problems with his profile and attempted to restore the entire profile from a restore point from the previous day. (He didn't know to restore from a *different* profile such as Administrator so files wouldn't be locked.) I found it blocked unable to copy the thumbnailcache files from Windows/Explorer. I skipped those, figuring it was normal for them to be locked, and started...
October 9th 09 05:35 AM
by Kenneth Porter Go to last post
0 291
Hi to all! i really need help here T_T by gemdse
Just lately my loptop got infected by a virus. I cleaned it up to fix it. Now, when i rebooted my loptop, windows doesnt work anymore. Everytime i log-in to my user account, a pop-up window appears saying "C:\Windows\System32\SCVHSOT.exe Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."
October 7th 09 04:51 PM
by theog Go to last post

From The