Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
I think i deleted my recycle bin in Windows Vista Home by bjk311
Is there a way to restore it? I deleted it by mistake when i right click and pressed delete instead of empty recycle bin. thanks
July 27th 07 10:53 PM
by brink[_73_] Go to last post
2 182
programs by focusgirl
Why can I open programs and features in control panel,I have had vista for ages and have just reformatted,i can open everything else.
July 27th 07 08:44 PM
by focusgirl Go to last post
0 179
How would it be possible to know which fonts came with my Vista? by Carlito_24
A friend used my cumputer to write an essay and recklessly added random fonts onto it. Now I am desperate to find which ones he added and which ones were there prior to having him add new ones.
July 27th 07 07:20 PM
by brink[_69_] Go to last post
1 172
new harddrive by Just Plain Rick
I am thinking about taking a hard drive out of my old XP machine and adding it to my new Vista Home Premium. Any comments, do's or don'ts would be appreciated.
July 27th 07 03:39 PM
by Just Plain Rick Go to last post
4 196
New Folder not visible til Refresh by Matthew Loraditch
I have a user who when creating new folders is not seeing them until they hit F5 to refresh the view. This is happening the generic save dialog box when click the new folder button, right clicking and saying new folder does the same thing. What could be causing this? Is there anything that can be done to alleviate the issue. I don't have the problem on my Vista machine. Both of us are...
July 27th 07 02:01 PM
by dean-dean Go to last post
1 167
Deleting Problem... by Paul MacFarlane
I've been having problems with some files that are about 215mb each. Now, I've figured out that these files have been somehow "tainted" by the explorer zip extraction process. If I extract it from the ZIP using winrar I don't experience this problem. Normally, I can right-click and select delete. Get the question Are you sure?, click Yes and poof - it's recycled.... Now, these tainted...
July 27th 07 07:23 AM
by Paul MacFarlane[_2_] Go to last post
4 148
Start Menu by Apito
How do I delete entries?
July 27th 07 02:57 AM
by Apito Go to last post
6 188
Sendto shortcuts by knaveman
I have looked around and cannot find anything about this anywhere. When I right click and go to the send to option I have way too many options. I can send to all of my personal folders and drives, but in the send to folder none of these things are listed. Also, the personal folders are listed twice. How do I get rid of all this?
July 26th 07 11:28 PM
by knaveman Go to last post
8 195
Bug in explorer? by Roman
I am unable to run explorer with parameters from a process running with escalated rights . Following is the shortest procedure to reproduce the problem, not my real case. 1. Login as a standard user 2. Go to Start All programs Accesories and start Command prompt as administrator (from right click menu) 3. Type "explorer" - this lanuches Explorer without any problem 4. Type "explorer c:\"...
July 26th 07 11:17 PM
by dean-dean Go to last post
3 176
Recycle Bin does not refresh by nLinked
My Recycle Bin on the desktop in Vista does not refresh its icon anymore when I put something in it or empty it. I have to refresh the desktop manually for the icon to change. What can I do to fix it?
July 26th 07 10:35 PM
by nLinked Go to last post
0 164
MUSIC ORGANIZATION AND STORAGE by SDMLOUIS
I'M TRYING TO BURN OFF SOME IMPORTANT MUSIC. PROBLEM IS I'M FINDING SO MANY DIFFERENT VERSIONS AND COPIES OF THE SAME SONG ETC. SOMEONE FAMILIAR WITH THIS PLEASE RESPOND. I WOULD LIKE TO FIND THE ORIGINAL LOCATION OF EACH SONG AND BURN THEM OFF TO CD FOR GOOD AND AM FINDING SO MANY LOCATIONS ITS IMPOSSIBLE
July 26th 07 09:12 PM
by *711[_3_] Go to last post
3 187
Searching content protected by RMS by Or Tsemah
Hi, maybe it's an obvious one but how does Vista's Indexing engine scans content that is protected by RMS ? Or.
July 26th 07 07:02 PM
by Ronnie Vernon MVP Go to last post
3 187
Preview tumbnails not being generated by Nicholas
Hello Vista has stoped generating new preview tumbnails, for videos. I don't know when or why, is this a known problem, if so is there a fix ?
July 26th 07 06:42 PM
by Nicholas Go to last post
1 173
Some items in Start Menu Accesories folder disappear. Please hel by Goose II
Hi, you all know the default items in the accessories folder and such right? Well, all of a sudden, Command Prompt disappeared, along with some other items. I think some Ease of Access tools have disappeared too, unless Speech Recognition is the only one, I can't remember. This has happened to me before, and since I'm so OCD about having a perfect Vista installation, I performed a fresh...
July 26th 07 04:59 PM
by brink[_53_] Go to last post
9 187
Permanantley set External USB drive letter by Michael Tissington
I have a number of external drives on my laptop, Lacie USB, PCMCIA Compact Flash, Jump Drive etc. I am always plugging the Lacie USB drive into the same port. However the drive letter is not persistant, using diskmanager I set it to drive F, there is nothing on D or E. Sometimes it will ignore my assignment and assign it the next available letter after C: However my CF card is assigned the...
July 26th 07 04:27 PM
by Uwe Sieber Go to last post
3 210
Can't delete a video file from desktop by nLinked
I have a file on my desktop called gv.com.gamesforwindows_640x360.mov. It was a video about gaming. It's 45.5 MB and I can't get it to delete. Right-clicking it and doing Properties doesn't open the Properties window. If I move it to the recycle bin (with the keyboard delete button or the mouse, or Shift and Delete) the "Calculation time remaining" delete dialogue comes up and the progress...
July 26th 07 03:13 PM
by Paul MacFarlane[_2_] Go to last post
3 277
Moving Document folder (pictures folder) etc to a network drive by jereviscious
Hello. I'm a system administrator who is evaluating Vista for the first time to see if it is worth deploying across our company. We need new machines, and I would like to take advantage of the newest technology. This is very peculiar behavior that I have encountered when trying to change the location of the "Documents" folder on windows Vista to a network drive: I will preface this by...
July 26th 07 02:39 PM
by jereviscious Go to last post
0 147
Show Color Space either RGB or CMYK by Ben Opit
Is it at all possible to see with all the other exif data the color space used on a file. I mean do i have to open photoshop to see if its save in CMYK
July 26th 07 11:26 AM
by Ben Opit Go to last post
0 148
Mapped Drive Window by GB
How do I stop Explorer opening a new window when I map a drive? Thanks
July 26th 07 06:00 AM
by GB Go to last post
0 147
Browsing Folders by GB
In Explorer I click a folder in the left pane and it shows the content in the right pane. If I then press the down arrow on the keyboard to select the next folder, it doesn't display the content of that folder until I press enter. This (pressing enter) wasn't required in XP's Explorer. What setting do I need to change to get the same behaviour as I had in XP? Thanks
July 26th 07 05:56 AM
by GB Go to last post

From The