Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Hi to all! i really need help here T_T by gemdse
Just lately my loptop got infected by a virus. I cleaned it up to fix it. Now, when i rebooted my loptop, windows doesnt work anymore. Everytime i log-in to my user account, a pop-up window appears saying "C:\Windows\System32\SCVHSOT.exe Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."
October 7th 09 03:31 PM
by gemdse Go to last post
0 315
windows explorer wont open!! by silvis
Whenever I click on any of my folders they just won't open I cant even right click on them and press open!! no folders wil open it just says that windows explorer is not responding!! whatcan I do to fix this?? -- silvis
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 7th 09 04:06 AM
by silvis Go to last post
14 534
Recycle Bin by NWTECH
When i empty the recycle bin, all the items appear again once i restart my laptop like it was before deleted to recycle bin.. Any suggestions to permanently deleted these items. -- NWTECH ------------------------------------------------------------------------ NWTECH's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/141757.htm View this thread:...
October 7th 09 02:21 AM
by CrucialHoax Go to last post
1 245
Shortcut broken after moving file by bonv
If I create a shortcut to a file and then subsequently move the file, the shortcut no longer works (error message: "The item ... that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly.") When I do this on my XP-Pro machine, XP will generally find the moved file and update the shortcut; if it can't find the file, it will give me the option to browse...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 7th 09 12:43 AM
by No Name Go to last post
18 701
Funny alphabetation in Windows explorer by chasgl
My sweety and I take pictures and store them in folders. I label mine like this 2009 09 22. My sweety does 2009-09-22. We figured that way they would appear by date and each of ours would be separate. But the order comes out like this 2009 08 27 Near Ali and Saida's mostly biking 2009 08 28 Saida and Ali return Arc de Triumph and Tour Effel a bunch of other folders 2009-01-04....
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 6th 09 04:51 AM
by chasgl Go to last post
25 738
dir command vis-a-vis hidden files by ROD DAV4IS
Does DIR normally display hidden files? On my system it does, regardless of the setting in folder options. I have to use the /a-h option to stop that behavior. This seems different from what I remember on my old XP system, and seems to contradict the explanation of the DIR command, which says to use the /ah option to display hidden files. I tried to set the DIRCMD environment variable to...
October 4th 09 07:06 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
6 327
dir command vis-a-vis hidden files by ROD DAV4IS
Does DIR normally display hidden files? On my system it does, regardless of the setting in folder options. I have to use the /a-h option to stop that behavior. This seems different from what I remember on my old XP system, and seems to contradict the explanation of the DIR command, which says to use the /ah option to display hidden files. I tried to set the DIRCMD environment variable to...
October 3rd 09 08:36 PM
by ROD DAV4IS Go to last post
0 210
Folders by Ellin
Running Vista Home Premium 64 bit. When you open a folder there are several columns one of which is "Tags". Is there any way to permanently remove this column from all folders and subfolders or do I have to do this individually for each folder and subfolder? I've checked the folder file in the Control Panel and there does not seem to be a choice that enables you to do this. Thanks, Ellin
October 3rd 09 05:32 PM
by Brink Go to last post
2 304
Folders by Ellin
Running Vista Home Premium 64 bit. When you open a folder there are several columns one of which is "Tags". Is there any way to permanently remove this column from all folders and subfolders or do I have to do this individually for each folder and subfolder? I've checked the folder file in the Control Panel and there does not seem to be a choice that enables you to do this. Thanks, Ellin
October 3rd 09 04:15 PM
by Ellin Go to last post
0 225
How to change a directory junction point by Jasper Freeman
Good Morning, Recently I've been having problems with my Vista Ultimate. 1. It is my personal laptop with two users, me and Administrator. 2. While installing a program, I keep getting c:\Documents and Settings\All Users cannot be found. Install terminates. 3. When I do a dir /ad I see the following:
October 2nd 09 01:19 PM
by No Name Go to last post
4 265
How to change a directory junction point by Jasper Freeman
Good Morning, Recently I've been having problems with my Vista Ultimate. 1. It is my personal laptop with two users, me and Administrator. 2. While installing a program, I keep getting c:\Documents and Settings\All Users cannot be found. Install terminates. 3. When I do a dir /ad I see the following:
October 2nd 09 07:31 AM
by Jasper Freeman Go to last post
0 214
Funny alphabetation in Windows explorer by chasgl
My sweety and I take pictures and store them in folders. I label mine like this 2009 09 22. My sweety does 2009-09-22. We figured that way they would appear by date and each of ours would be separate. But the order comes out like this 2009 08 27 Near Ali and Saida's mostly biking 2009 08 28 Saida and Ali return Arc de Triumph and Tour Effel a bunch of other folders 2009-01-04....
October 2nd 09 05:25 AM
by chasgl Go to last post
0 215
new folders and freeze-ups by vind
for some reason, explorer has a tendency to freeze up for a few seconds, when i create a new folder and apply its file name any idea of what's up with this? -- vind
October 2nd 09 03:27 AM
by No Name Go to last post
4 294
new folders and freeze-ups by vind
for some reason, explorer has a tendency to freeze up for a few seconds, when i create a new folder and apply its file name any idea of what's up with this? -- vind
October 2nd 09 12:44 AM
by vind Go to last post
0 230
Changing default partition for storage of data in vista by dgee
My new laptop has two partitions. One (C) is labeled Vista OS & the other (D) data. Everything is going into the Vista OS partition. How do I set this up so that all my data (documents, photos, videos etc etc) goes into partition D (Data) Thanks for your help David -- dgee
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 1st 09 09:01 PM
by Ken Blake, MVP Go to last post
25 633
Unable to replace file with newer version by Samkent
I have an Access database I have to replace in a folder under program files. I can delete the file. I can copy the new version to the folder. But when I open the file it's the old version. I have tried copy and paste. I have tried delete and then a reboot but the old version comes back after I copy and paste (or drag) the new version into the correct folder. I have tried delete then empty...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 1st 09 02:09 PM
by Samkent[_6_] Go to last post
22 795
How to Restore Vista Backup Files with an External Hard Drive by omamoh
I have Vista Home Premium Edition installed in my system. Recently, due to a problem with corrupted protected system files, I was forced to conduct a clean re-install of the operating system.Before re-installing Vista, I backed up my all data including softwares into an external hard drive. After reinstallation I have attempted to restore the backup files, unfortunately Vista does not recognize...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 1st 09 08:41 AM
by minstral_boy[_2_] Go to last post
10 529
Unable to replace file with newer version by Samkent
I have an Access database I have to replace in a folder under program files. I can delete the file. I can copy the new version to the folder. But when I open the file it's the old version. I have tried copy and paste. I have tried delete and then a reboot but the old version comes back after I copy and paste (or drag) the new version into the correct folder. I have tried delete then empty...
September 29th 09 11:58 AM
by Samkent Go to last post
0 208
columns completely disappeared in explorer by pailale
Hi, the columns in explorer have all disappeared, except for the data modified column. It lists all the files in a folder but no file names just the date, so its pretty hard to see whats going on. I have tried right clicking on the column names to select more columns but there aren't any options to do this, all the main columns have disappeared. Even when I click the more option and get shown a...
September 29th 09 09:13 AM
by pailale Go to last post
0 221
columns completely disappeared in explorer by pailale
Hi, the columns in explorer have all disappeared, except for the data modified column. It lists all the files in a folder but no file names just the date, so its pretty hard to see whats going on. I have tried right clicking on the column names to select more columns but there aren't any options to do this, all the main columns have disappeared. Even when I click the more option and get shown a...
September 29th 09 09:13 AM
by pailale Go to last post

From The