Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
search for a file with a specific word in it by JR
In XP (and previous versions of Windows) I was able to perform a wild-card search of a drive, directory, folder while looking for a specific word. I can not find how to do that in VISTA. How do I search a drive for files with the words "Class I" in a powerpoint file? Thanks
May 28th 10 03:29 PM
by pacinitaly Go to last post
4 930
search for a file with a specific word in it by JR
In XP (and previous versions of Windows) I was able to perform a wild-card search of a drive, directory, folder while looking for a specific word. I can not find how to do that in VISTA. How do I search a drive for files with the words "Class I" in a powerpoint file? Thanks
May 27th 10 08:57 PM
by JR Go to last post
0 513
XP Style search tool? by Mickey Mouse
I'm afraid I concluded that for me the Vista search tool is not for me. Is there a free XP style search tool I can download? The XP search tool was is so much easier to use. Mickey
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 26th 10 09:17 AM
by pacinitaly Go to last post
16 1,312
Thumbs down
problem with files from DVD/CD by MCC124
I think I need to tweek something on my PC (Vista home premium). When trying to open folders/ files from a cd (from a magazine for example) all i get is a load of computer jargon, not an ilustration or what ever it should be. Any ideas please? Thanks MCC
May 26th 10 02:51 AM
by No Name Go to last post
7 971
Enjoy MTS videos on your players by xuejingxue10
fdjhgejthfhjhjesrofwesrdf lfdkxjhsodufjhdfksdf fkjsdhgisd -- xuejingxue10 Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
May 21st 10 06:55 AM
by xuejingxue10 Go to last post
0 486
Problems with Vista backup program by No Name
I've not been able to complete any file backups successfully for about two months. Some of the error messages suggest that I need to tell my antivirus program to stop interfering with accesses to wherever the list of previous backups is stored - but so far I've had no success finding out just where that is. I have found that a program C:\Windows\System32\sdclt.exe seems to be responsible for...
May 19th 10 03:42 PM
by No Name Go to last post
0 488
syntax error by maida vale
I keep getting a pop up message saying that a numbered line has a syntax error. The line numbers are different each time. How can I fix this?
May 17th 10 10:01 AM
by Hank Arnold Go to last post
2 743
syntax error by maida vale
I keep getting a pop up message saying that a numbered line has a syntax error. The line numbers are different each time. How can I fix this?
May 16th 10 08:13 PM
by maida vale Go to last post
0 439
Windows cannot find file when clicking on file? by mlsoup
I get the error message when double clicing on misc documents within my folders that says "windows cannot find the specified file, please make sure that you have typed the name correctly and please try again." I can open up any document from within the application itself by going to file/open finding the file and opening it that way. It is extremely random though. It only happens on some...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 14th 10 05:59 AM
by OyBouTJ Go to last post
45 3,132
Deleting a shortcut to a program that no longer exists by Stevo
I installed a game it placed shotcut icon on desktop. Game didnt install properly so uninstalled. Now it want let me delete the shortcut as it says that it cant find the program. How do I delete this pesky shortcut? There is no security info under that tab under properties it seems there is no way to delete this shotcut file, this is rediculas!!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 12th 10 12:11 PM
by Greco Go to last post
15 1,130
Update - Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Community by No Name
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding solutions in the...
May 9th 10 10:05 AM
by Hank Arnold Go to last post
2 758
Privileges on MY Home Comp by Flash Gordon
Hi, Occasionally I get the following message when trying to do something....like change a driver or update a file, etc. The current logged on user does not have ownership privileges on the file (or folder) "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\". It is on my desktop machine at home...running Vista Ultimate.
May 8th 10 08:32 PM
by Daaa94 Go to last post
3 1,112
Cant save file with HTML by JohnA
Using XP machine, I create a text file containing HTML code and save with extension of .html. Then can double click and the file opens in IE. I can then change the file using notepad, save file, refresh the IE page and see the changes. Doing the same thing on Vista machine, when trying to save changes, error message that something is wrong with file name or path. I need help, thanks.
May 8th 10 09:36 AM
by bradsmokes Go to last post
4 765
Check the Indexing Box? by Bob
Very brief background, questions below: My Acer computer has some Acer apps located in a "C:\Acer" folder which really should be in the "C:\Programs" folder. Before I reformatted and restored my (Vista) hard drive the "Indexing" box was checked. (Computer Right click C drive properties General Tab near bottom.) I like the Indexing feature in Vista. After the reformat and restore of...
May 7th 10 02:50 AM
by Bob Go to last post
0 410
Check the Indexing Box? by Bob
Very brief background, questions below: My Acer computer has some Acer apps located in a "C:\Acer" folder which really should be in the "C:\Programs" folder. Before I reformatted and restored my (Vista) hard drive the "Indexing" box was checked. (Computer Right click C drive properties General Tab near bottom.) I like the Indexing feature in Vista. After the reformat and restore of...
May 7th 10 02:50 AM
by Bob Go to last post
0 678
hard drive appears nearly full but is only 25% used by frankfleck
I have vista home premium, 200gb hard drive. i had not been paying attention until I received a warning that I was running out of space. Being sort of a dummy, I took computer to Best Buy. They ran diagnostics. They found no problems. Then they cleaned it up and optimized it. When I got it home the C drive showed 177gb capacity with 135gb free space. Within 3 days my free space was reduced by...
May 6th 10 04:29 PM
by Jeffrey Kaplan Go to last post
4 849
hard drive appears nearly full but is only 25% used by frankfleck
I have vista home premium, 200gb hard drive. i had not been paying attention until I received a warning that I was running out of space. Being sort of a dummy, I took computer to Best Buy. They ran diagnostics. They found no problems. Then they cleaned it up and optimized it. When I got it home the C drive showed 177gb capacity with 135gb free space. Within 3 days my free space was reduced by...
May 6th 10 01:48 AM
by frankfleck Go to last post
0 386
Cannot Modify Indexed Locations for Windows Indexing Options in Vista by lmacri[_4_]
I am having problems with Windows Search Indexing using excessive amounts of CPU and slowing down my system and want to decrease the number of locations and/or file extensions being indexed to see if this helps the problem. However, when I try to modify the indexed locations (Control Panel | Indexing Options | Modify), the Change Selected Locations pane is empty (i.e., there are no check boxes...
May 4th 10 07:26 PM
by lmacri[_4_] Go to last post
0 583
Personal File Crash cldemuxer.ax ?? by nick3889
Ok I've read that some people have had the same problem but its seem to be different then mine When ever i try to open my personal file (the one that contains my pictures and Videos and stuff) it crashes restarts and i get this: TROUBLESHOOT A PROBLEM WITH CYBERLINK DEMULTIPLEXER CyberLink Demultiplexer has stopped working properly. CyberLink Demultiplexer is a codec. The file name of this...
May 2nd 10 02:14 AM
by nick3889 Go to last post
0 788
Personal File Crash cldemuxer.ax ?? by nick3889
Ok I've read that some people have had the same problem but its seem to be different then mine When ever i try to open my personal file (the one that contains my pictures and Videos and stuff) it crashes restarts and i get this: TROUBLESHOOT A PROBLEM WITH CYBERLINK DEMULTIPLEXER CyberLink Demultiplexer has stopped working properly. CyberLink Demultiplexer is a codec. The file name of this...
May 2nd 10 02:14 AM
by nick3889 Go to last post

From The