Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
why can't I re-install game? by canabear
tried re-installing a game (game on machine has a bad map) and vista won't let me. copy with bad map keeps coming back. even tried a brand new out of the box copy. no luck . fixed the problem easily on XP machine. :mad:driving me crazy....:mad: thanks in advance y'all :D -- canabear Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
September 14th 09 03:12 AM
by canabear Go to last post
0 176
Trying to copy a folder to external HD by SaminDallas
I have Vista Home Premium 64bit, and I am simply trying to copy a folder from my hard drive to an external drive. When I do this, I get the message : Could not find this item This is no longer located in C:\Users\SaminDallas\Searches\Documents\File.'ppt' (http://www.vistax64.com/#)
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 13th 09 11:36 PM
by SaminDallas Go to last post
28 778
Registry edit User shell help, Could Microsoft's answer be wrong? by trulyblest
Hi! I just finished cleaning multiple infections from my brother's computer. (Vista Home Premium 64 bit) I then went here to follow Microsoft's suggestion for a fix to the registry due to error 1606: 'You receive an \"Error 1606\" error message when you try to install or remove a Microsoft program' (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/886549) I did make a backup as suggested. Now I am having...
September 12th 09 08:17 PM
by NetLink_Blue Go to last post
8 371
Registry edit User shell help, Could Microsoft's answer be wrong? by trulyblest
Hi! I just finished cleaning multiple infections from my brother's computer. (Vista Home Premium 64 bit) I then went here to follow Microsoft's suggestion for a fix to the registry due to error 1606: 'You receive an \"Error 1606\" error message when you try to install or remove a Microsoft program' (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/886549) I did make a backup as suggested. Now I am having...
September 11th 09 11:38 PM
by trulyblest Go to last post
0 153
Registry edit User shell help, Could Microsoft's answer be wrong? by trulyblest
Hi! I just finished cleaning multiple infections from my brother's computer. (Vista Home Premium 64 bit) I then went here to follow Microsoft's suggestion for a fix to the registry due to error 1606: 'You receive an "Error 1606" error message when you try to install or remove a Microsoft program' (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/886549) I did make a backup as suggested. Now I am having...
September 11th 09 10:42 PM
by trulyblest Go to last post
0 280
Registry edit User shell help, Could Microsoft's answer be wrong? by trulyblest
Hi! I just finished cleaning multiple infections from my brother's computer. (Vista Home Premium 64 bit) I then went here to follow Microsoft's suggestion for a fix to the registry due to error 1606: 'You receive an "Error 1606" error message when you try to install or remove a Microsoft program' (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/886549) I did make a backup as suggested. Now I am having...
September 11th 09 10:42 PM
by trulyblest Go to last post
0 146
Cant delete, rename, ect. tried admin rights, moveonboot, ect., and the file is empty by dedicateddoug
I have i dvd file that is empty from attempting to rip my dvd to convert onto my psp. The process failed, but i still have the empty file folder on my harddrive. I cannot do anything with it, delete, copy, rename, ect. I have tried taking ownership, moveonboot removal tool, and everthing an itermediate coputer guy would do. I have google and read numerous articles related to this, nothing works....
September 11th 09 10:32 PM
by dedicateddoug Go to last post
0 164
Preview of Dwg Files by Ignacio Carrasquedo
I need to develop a tool that gives the user the ability to look a preview of the DWG Documents (Autocad) . Windows vista and 7 allready have that ability (In the file Manager) Is there an API and documentation available that can be used in development to achieve this Issue ?? Thanks
September 11th 09 03:56 PM
by Ignacio Carrasquedo Go to last post
0 164
Preview of Dwg Files by Ignacio Carrasquedo
I need to develop a tool that gives the user the ability to look a preview of the DWG Documents (Autocad) . Windows vista and 7 allready have that ability (In the file Manager) Is there an API and documentation available that can be used in development to achieve this Issue ?? Thanks
September 11th 09 03:56 PM
by Ignacio Carrasquedo Go to last post
0 212
how to delete old update files on vista ? by Hans
Where does Vista stores a backup of update files ? They are consuming a lot of disk spaces and i want' to delete them. Thx
September 10th 09 10:20 PM
by bjaes Go to last post
2 301
Could not find this item by SaminDallas
I think Vista must have a serious file management problem, that I hope is fixed with Windows 7. I am trying to copy files to a hard disk, and get the message "Could not find item" I see from this group that many other people have had this issue. I dont want to delete the folder of course, since am trying to make a backup of it onto hard disk. But cannot, due to the 'Could not find item'...
September 9th 09 07:58 PM
by Dave T.[_4_] Go to last post
2 261
Could not find this item by SaminDallas
I think Vista must have a serious file management problem, that I hope is fixed with Windows 7. I am trying to copy files to a hard disk, and get the message "Could not find item" I see from this group that many other people have had this issue. I dont want to delete the folder of course, since am trying to make a backup of it onto hard disk. But cannot, due to the 'Could not find item'...
September 9th 09 04:06 PM
by SaminDallas Go to last post
0 150
Trying to copy a folder to external HD by SaminDallas
I have Vista Home Premium 64bit, and I am simply trying to copy a folder from my hard drive to an external drive. When I do this, I get the message : Could not find this item This is no longer located in C:\Users\SaminDallas\Searches\Documents\File.'ppt' (http://www.vistax64.com/#)
September 9th 09 04:00 AM
by SaminDallas Go to last post
0 142
Drivelight flickering all the time by MPS[_2_]
Hi all, Vista Home Premium, 4GB, C:\drive internal, I:\drive USB The accesslight on my 320GB D: drive containing ONLY Userdata music, pictures, documents started recently to permanently flicker in a steady rhythm, say 20Hz. The drive sits in a dockingstation, on top of the MEDION computercase and connects through USB 2.0 C: Drive 320GB has all programs and programdata on it, so they are...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 9th 09 02:45 AM
by Glen[_5_] Go to last post
11 555
Cannot delete file..Zero Bytes? by cohack11
Hello, I have a file on my desktop named Fitzgerald -. I do not know where it came from. This is no surprise given that my daughter uses the PC under my login from time to time. The file size is 0 bytes. The properties security tab says "The requested security information is either unavailable or cannot be displayed". The attributes info is "A" (don't know what that means). I can move...
September 9th 09 02:29 AM
by cohack11 Go to last post
0 136
Desktop Search and special characters by doraz
Hi, I need to search files or folders that have $ or § or # in the name if I put a $ in the search box, I get near all the files in my hd... even if they doesn't contain that char... I use Vista (...), in XP with standard search (NOT desktop search) the results were fine... Any advice?! thanks in advance
September 8th 09 10:49 PM
by Retroman Go to last post
4 248
unable to run Toshiba Full Disc wipe by caseyckc
recently itunes has corrupted and told it to unistall i did so and after that everything had gone ultra slow and i turned it off turn and on again same thing. slow. i put it in safemode and still to no avail, slow. i've started and done transfer of files i want to keep.i then tried to go to the vista repair and from F8, i clicked "revert to out of the box", it then went blank and turned off i...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 8th 09 10:06 AM
by f/fgeorge Go to last post
38 985
shortcuts to desktop by craigthain
hi vista is no longer letting me create desktop shotcuts, anyone got an idea why not i keeps telling me the disk is full which its not! ????? help craig
September 8th 09 03:22 AM
by Mort Go to last post
2 224
desktop short cuts by craigthain
why cant i place a desktop icon on my desktop.it says the disk is full ---its not anyone know what the problem is craig
September 8th 09 02:32 AM
by Bob Go to last post
2 230
shortcuts to desktop by craigthain
hi vista is no longer letting me create desktop shotcuts, anyone got an idea why not i keeps telling me the disk is full which its not! ????? help craig
September 7th 09 11:46 PM
by craigthain Go to last post

From The