Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Offline Files not available? by planetf1
Hi, I have Vista Business (RTM+fixes) 32bit installed on a laptop. I have a network share mapped to a drive. In explorer I can navigate my share, but nowhere do I see "Make available offline" available on the right click menu Offline files reports itself as enabled, but sync shows no partnerships. What's up?
February 14th 07 03:57 PM
by planetf1 Go to last post
6 203
Vista Duplicate Folders by Ray
My administrator name is RAY and directly under the DESKTOP folder there is a folder identified RAY that containes numerous folders (10,201 W/1.3GB) Further down under C:\USERS\PUBLIC is another folder named RAY that has duplicate copies of all the above referenced files in addition to a folder titled APP DATA that contains an additional 8,075 folders w/202MB. Any change to a folder in...
February 14th 07 07:54 PM
by Nathanial Woolls Go to last post
1 145
Moved Default Video Folder, Can't Move it back. by SF
As always, thanks in advance for any help. I have a fresh install of Vista Ultimate. I have a second Hard Drive in the system and I wanted to move the VIDEOS folder to that drive. I right clicked on the VIDEOS folder and changed the location. However, I changed it to the Root Drive (E:) without a folder there. Now the VIDEOS folder is gone, and I cannot restore it back to it's previous...
February 15th 07 05:42 AM
by Keith Miller MVP Go to last post
1 170
Make 1.5 million in 11 minutes by Virgin Mobile
Find out how Roy . Made over 1 million in 15 minutes. http://alberta-oilsands.blogspot.com/
February 15th 07 06:32 AM
by Virgin Mobile Go to last post
0 184
Windows Media Player 11 automatic folder.jpg download issue by Extracampine
Windows Media Player 11 by default will try and retrieve album art (folder.jpg) from the internet. If it finds it, it will overwrite any pre-existing folder.jpg (even if the pre-existing one is a larger file) as well as create an AlbumArtSmall.jpg file. Having this as a default option is foolish, as the program began to overwrite my scanned-in high-resolution images with crappy...
February 15th 07 02:19 PM
by Extracampine Go to last post
2 165
Where R System Restore files located by CptCeeJay
Thanks for reading my post. I can't seem to find the folder where the system restore files are kept. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks for your time. - CJ
February 15th 07 04:54 PM
by Jill Zoeller [MSFT] Go to last post
1 193
Access by denniS
Why when I try to change anything in a folder do I get a access denied. How do I turn this off. Dennis
February 15th 07 07:43 PM
by Ranger Go to last post
3 264
Sidebar & Gadget Updates by Deren Smith
Does Sidebar have the ability to check to make sure that you are using the most up to date Gadgets (in case the author releases a new one)?
February 16th 07 02:46 AM
by Deren Smith Go to last post
0 151
Recovering recycle bin by troyinsfo
I hit the delete button instead of empty on my recycle file. How do you get it back?
February 16th 07 05:17 AM
by Ramesh, MS-MVP Go to last post
1 193
open command window here ? by Ole1701
Hi. In XP it was possible to install a Power Toy (I think), so you where able to right click on a folder in your explorer and then a menu called 'open command window here' would be showed. How do I do this i Vista Buisness ? Kind Regards Ole
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 16th 07 08:38 AM
by Go to last post
16 352
can I use AND or OR when searching? by Anon E. Mouse
can I use AND or OR when searching?
February 16th 07 10:49 AM
by Kevin C Go to last post
2 171
Vista default document directory problem by Meites
I mounted a new drive (3rd drive, which is going to be a backup drive exclusively), copied files over because the existing drive was a dynamic drive not ntsf, so needed to re format and copy files back (another storey for another application). Anyway, once I formated the new drive, copied the folders back and forth etc., I can't seem to re set the start menu to re associate with the new/old...
February 16th 07 02:21 PM
by Meites Go to last post
1 183
WMP11 Drag art onto album icon by Extracampine
WMP allows the user to drag an image file onto the CD icon to display as album art in the libary. When this is done, it seems to add a small copy (or embed in ID3 tag) to each mp3 file in the directory. Is it possible to avoid this unnecessary activity, and to get WMP11 to read the image file from the directory only ?
February 16th 07 03:18 PM
by Dale Go to last post
4 190
how to force the index priority? by Jeje
Hi, I want to force the indexation priority on my desktop. the index always stops due to user activity, but I want to force the index to scan my drives at full speed. the windows search 3.0 tool in XP allow me to snooze or force the index to work, but not in Vista.
February 16th 07 04:12 PM
by Jeje Go to last post
0 192
Ghost 10.0 and dual boot system by Ron Lane
Is it possible to create an backup image of my computer successfully using Ghost 10.0 through Windows XP? I have a dual boot system where XP is on my C drive and Vista Home Premium is on my E drive.
February 16th 07 05:46 PM
by Keith Go to last post
2 179
Saving Outlook Email with Metadata For Searching by trevogre
I have Office 2007 and Vista Ultimate. When utilizing explorer I can add columns of metadata to my explorer window for sorting and searching. Those columns include standard email metadata, but when I save an email from Outlook to a folder the email metadata does not get filled out. When can we expect and update to Outlook 2007 so that it can save emails wtih metadata. In the OS released in...
February 16th 07 07:32 PM
by trevogre Go to last post
0 183
dinding things and installing stuff by smurfboy W.VA.
Vista is more difficult when it comes to finding things on your drive. I used to save downloaded programs in c:/program files, but vista will not allow me to do this, even as administrator. Any recommendations? Vista will not allow me to install hardly anything, like Nero 7, screensavers, webcam software, or my cellphone phonetools for my motorola cell phone, whick allows me to save pics I...
February 16th 07 08:26 PM
by Ronnie Vernon MVP Go to last post
1 156
lost desktop icons by Barry
Where have the icons gone? I like to personalise shortcuts to make them easier to identify. I have found '"imageres", "moricons", pifmgr""but I can't find "progman". I used to use a camera, a telephone and other images but can't find them anymore. Can anyone help
February 16th 07 09:34 PM
by Ronnie Vernon MVP Go to last post
1 153
How to set folder options to apply one to one folder but not the other? by Tim Smith
All, One thing on Vista that I have not been able to figure out, with XP, I could set one folder to show hidden files and other folder not to, with Vista, it seems that all folder options apply to everything or nothing, anyone know of a work around for this? thanks..
February 16th 07 10:14 PM
by Ronnie Vernon MVP Go to last post
2 216
New Windows Vista Site by [email protected]
Have you guys seen this website? The URL is http://www.windows-vista-update.com It's the most comprehensive Windows Vista website. Windows Vista Update at Windows-Vista-Update.com is the premier Microsoft windows Vista information portal. On this site, you can find news, information, tips, new features and updates
February 16th 07 10:43 PM
by Ronnie Vernon MVP Go to last post

From The