Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
desktop short cuts by craigthain
why cant i place a desktop icon on my desktop.it says the disk is full ---its not anyone know what the problem is craig
September 7th 09 10:36 PM
by craigthain Go to last post
0 212
New Problem Occured plz Solve asap! by FromZeroToHero
Today i deleted my hosts file where it is located on C/System32/drivers/etc as i was trying to get on an l2 server...does anybody know if i can download it from somewhere??:cry::cry::cry::cry: Please answer me as soon as possible i ll be waiting!!!!:( -- FromZeroToHero
September 7th 09 08:07 PM
by Bruce Chambers Go to last post
2 343
Recycle Bin!** by FromZeroToHero
Hallo to all...... My Problem is that i want to bring back a file that i deleted from the recycle bin....is there any programm that can bring it back to life?!!?!?:cry: Please answer me as soon as possible....!:( -- FromZeroToHero
September 7th 09 05:20 AM
by FromZeroToHero Go to last post
3 360
add to favorites does not remember folder by tiverson
In XP I liked to open several similar websites and then add them one by one to a dedicated folder. XP remembered the folder each time but in Vista I have to start from Favorites and go find it. Is there a setting I can change for this? -- tiverson Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
September 6th 09 07:48 PM
by Long Shadows Go to last post
1 332
Programs still installed when partition was deleted by plus300
Hi, my laptop came partitioned with C(30GB)and D(190GB) and the C: has been sitting at 88-90% full for a long time. Recently when I upgraded to SP2, it told me that it needs at least 15% free for installation; so I deleted all I can to make room(removed updates, messenger, office, etc)...finally able to get to the 15% needed, successfully switching to SP2. But the problem came after the upgrade,...
September 5th 09 12:08 PM
by Richestgare22 Go to last post
2 381
Coping whole HD's without cloning. by Billkalbo
I have a system with Vista Home Basic and Vista Ultimate (dual boot). I have a RAID 5 with 4 500 gb drives that is partitioned into 2 500 gb drives. I also have a SATAII 500 gb and 1gb drive installed. I'm upgrading all the drives to all 1.5 GB drives. I can juggle drives in and out of the system so I can always have a clean 1.5gb to move data onto. What is the best software to clone/copy...
September 4th 09 09:01 PM
by Dave Warren Go to last post
8 417
c-partition is to small by kame
What can i do if i want to change this. My other partitions (D, E) are much bigger. But C is too small! -- kame Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
September 3rd 09 04:50 PM
by John Galt Go to last post
3 414
"Could not find this item..." Nothing works! by kredge
Hello. I've been having trouble for a while now I have been searching online and none of the solutions will work for me. I have many files that just wont delete. I try to delete them and they say: "Could not find this item this is no longer located in "C:/users/britts/documents/saved. Verify the items location and try again. " They are just music and pictures about 50 files total. I cant do...
September 2nd 09 06:03 PM
by John Galt Go to last post
8 571
"Could not find this item" again by Vman
Hey everybody, this is the second time I can't delete a 0 kb file off my desktop. Vista tells me that it doesn't exist, but it's there on my desktop. I've tried several things, restarting, deleting in safe mode, deleting via cmd (as administrator), deleting as another user and lots more. And unfortunately Unlocker doesn't support Vista 64. Last time it happened I successfully deleted it in the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 2nd 09 04:42 PM
by Jamesinator5[_2_] Go to last post
16 1,042
Corell word perfect 8 by N1265
So I transfered all my Corell files from my old Xp computer to my new Vista home premium computer and even though I installed the Corell program on my Vist computer It wont let me save any new documents. I can open all my old documents, make and print a new document in my corell program but it wont let me save it anywhere... What am I doing wrong ?
September 2nd 09 02:41 AM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
1 351
Hello. by Elizabeth Wegener[_2_]
Still testing the msvista server emailing.
September 1st 09 08:02 PM
by David B.[_3_] Go to last post
2 326
.wav files no longer recognized by Squa190
My computer no longer recognizes .wav files In the window to set a program to open types of files .wav isnt even listed as a choice. Any Ideas?? -- Squa190
September 1st 09 05:14 PM
by Squa190 Go to last post
4 299
New Messages Only by Elizabeth Wegener[_2_]
Okay, checking into a newsgroup on the topic of my new computer. I am blessed and have a praise report. I live in a nice house and have a really great community. I am blessed. Okay, windows vista home basic premium windows version? I do not operate these well. I can put data in. :)
August 31st 09 11:22 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 246
file preview by Ellin
Running Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit When Windows Explorer is open there are 3 panels On the left is a list - App data, Contacts, Documents, etc. Middle pane lists sub-folders and files Right pane shows "Select a file to preview" I want to get rid of the "Select a file to preview" pane. Would someone please tell me how to do this. Thank you,
August 30th 09 10:40 PM
by Elizabeth Wegener[_2_] Go to last post
8 282
Disappearing Excel Files by FR
I am using Vista, with Office 2007 Home. Over the last week, I have had 2 excel files disappear. I know I didn't delete them, they both had important data. Unfortunately backups are old - I would really like to recover the files! I have not recently created the files, they have both been created about a year ago, and were regularly used and updated. There has never been a problem with...
August 29th 09 09:52 PM
by FR Go to last post
0 233
Questions about Program files (X86) by danjbutler
When I go through to add files to my programs I am confronted with the option of two seperate program folders. One just reads Program Folders and the other reads Program Folders (x86). How do I know which program file to use when adding files? I see that some programs will reproduce themselves in my Program files(x86) folder on their own. Is this some sort of default folder for programs that...
August 28th 09 03:59 AM
by R. C. White Go to last post
3 308
Search Indexing by hybridmoments82
I'm using Vista Home Premium, and maybe that's my problem. I'm interested in learning if there is a way to index network locations for searching for keywords within documents such as Word and OCR-PDF documents. I went to Control Panel: Indexing Options: Advanced, yet when I try to add a network location (i.e. one of my mapped drives), it seems to not come up as an option. Will I have to index...
August 27th 09 09:38 PM
by hybridmoments82 Go to last post
0 198
how to restore .zip file association & file icon in Vista? by markwithak
My wife accidently associated Win Media Player with .zip files. Oops! Ok, now how can we get back to old zip files opening in Vista?  ... And, will this work? ...Basically, just need to get back to default. Problem started months ago and just getting to address it. so no possibility to use a restore point.tnx.Mark (spelled with a K)System: Dell Latitude D620, Vista Home Basic SP1, 2 GB RAM,...
August 26th 09 12:12 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
2 313
i cant get my windows 3d switcher to work by whitetiger
my windows 3d switcher stop working i had on the other day now it dont work it goes back to the old way .. this one reason why i brought windows vista help anyone
August 24th 09 09:21 PM
by butugly Go to last post
3 284
Pictures folder not accessible to Photo Gallery by browniebodrum
(Using Vista Business) I want to use Windows Photo Gallery (WPG) to start tagging my photo collection but I keep getting an error message to say C:\Users\\Pictures is a hidden or system folder (which it isn't). If I open WPG from the Start menu, it ONLY displays pictures which are in he C:\Users\Public or its subfolders. I can't 'add' ANYTHING in the C:\Users folder or its...
August 24th 09 09:03 PM
by browniebodrum Go to last post

From The