Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Inherited denials - how to create? by Erhard Glueck
Hello, please how do administer, that specific denials for an user will be inherited to subfolders and files (NTFS). I have no success with my experiments using icacls. Thank you for tips Erhard
August 24th 09 06:32 PM
by Erhard Glueck Go to last post
0 203
Document Folder location cannot be recreated - new post by Ed Bitzer
Same question as posted and answered by another 6/14/09 but solution offered does not work for me. I moved the Documents folder, then added partitions and did some name changing which apparently messed up the Registry. When I try the solution of start | start search and enter Document shell personal upon entering nothing is found. Appreciate some help. -- Ed Bitzer
August 24th 09 03:07 PM
by Ed Bitzer Go to last post
0 6
Vista will not show newly uploaded photo thumbnails by Dayna26
Hi alll, I have read every thread on here regarding the above problem and NOTHING is working for me, it is getting rather frustrating. All my new photos I am adding to my computer do NOT show the preview on the thumbnail, only all my old photos already on there show them. All the setting in folder options are correct and Im at a loss as to what will fix this..
August 24th 09 09:41 AM
by Dayna26 Go to last post
0 197
Remove "-Shortcut" from new shortcuts by eXistenZ[_2_]
Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2 Single user -------------------------------- How do remove "-Shortcut" when creating new shortcuts ? Any help or advice appreciated eXistenZ
August 23rd 09 03:58 PM
by Cowboy7 Go to last post
6 307
Vista Desktop Search by lkindem
Trying to find out if 1) can desktop search index Notes files (NSF) 2) if not, can I download a plug-in (like for Windows Desktop Search) to enable this? Anyone? /lars PS! the Notes index plug-in for Windows Desktop Search does not install on
August 23rd 09 11:18 AM
by andrew_andersson Go to last post
3 474
A Folder Issue by HolyMolyACow
About 2 weeks ago, my brother wanted to show me that he could make an invisible folder on my computer, which is using Windows Vista 32bit SP1, by changing the folder icon and name (to Alt-0160). After he showed me, I realised that I could not delete the folder. I spent about two days looking for a way to un-select the read-only function, to come to the conclusion that it is a preset format (the...
August 23rd 09 01:06 AM
by R. C. White Go to last post
1 289
Stuck in Photo Viewer by Betsy Ross
For some reason, Documents opens in the photo viewer. How do I change it back to the default?
August 23rd 09 12:58 AM
by R. C. White Go to last post
2 184
Missing Torrent Files by wiz100
Hi, I seem to be having a problem with Bitlord after a file has been downloaded. It seems, according to windows explorer and windows search, the files I download via torrents are non-existant. I've done a manual search of the directory as well as the automated F3 way. The files are simply not there. Other forms of downloading work perfectly well so I would guess this is only related to torrent...
August 22nd 09 08:11 AM
by Elizabeth Wegener Go to last post
4 327
Duplicate "Documents" Folders by knmcnulty
Hi everyone! I've had my laptop for a few months, and somewhere along the way I've managed to wind up with multiple Documents folders. I've got two that are identical, and one inside of another one--if that makes sense. I've tried deleting, incorporating them all into one--they always sprout their evil heads back in place. I'm really at a loss for words to describe this little annoyance at this...
August 22nd 09 08:09 AM
by Elizabeth Wegener Go to last post
7 335
Converting wps (large) file to Word or PDF. by Johnny B. Safe
I have only just got Office 2007 with WORD. And until now have been using WORKS. Most of my old wps files will easily convert to WORD / DOC. But I have got about 8 files which will not. I thin k its because they are too big and when I try to open them in word it crashes. Where as the smaller files do so and then I save them as the DOC file. These files arevery large becasue they contain...
August 21st 09 10:29 AM
by Johnny B. Safe Go to last post
3 233
Moving the Vista equiv. of "My Docs" to "F" drive by six-h
I've just been instructed on how to move the XP "My Docs/Pics/etc." to a different drive, away from the OS, whilst maintaining their special properties. Having Vista Ultimate on my Main PC, I've struggled for a year with the set-up that was installed, and every time I want to file something, I have to painfully navigate to my "F" (data) drive, and the required folders. I don't know anyone...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 20th 09 08:43 PM
by Gordon[_9_] Go to last post
16 345
E-Mail storage by Eugene J.
I recently lost some past e-mail that I wish I could recover from a back-up disc. Can you tell me where these might be found on my C drive? Thanks for any help
August 20th 09 02:58 AM
by Louie Pham Go to last post
5 221
File Associations by CookyMonzta via WindowsKB.com
I have a program that is associated with 2 file types; FLV and SWF, and I want to remove the program from these file types. Obviously I can't remove it from the associated files list directly (since there is no 'Delete' button next to the 'Change program' button. The program in question is a portable application, and therefore doesn't require installation. I assume I would have to go into my...
August 19th 09 07:12 AM
by Brink Go to last post
1 201
Cannot preview images (thumbnails) on Photoshop .psd folders by TinCan561
I am unable to preview thumbnail images for all Photoshop .psd files in new laptop with Windows Vista Business. Most of my files were created in Photoshop 7, but this laptop has PS3. Thank you.
August 18th 09 04:49 PM
by tims31[_2_] Go to last post
8 242
Sharing Vista File With XP Machine by jaygreg
I'm trying to send a backup of my Quicken file from my Windows XP machine to my new Vista machine. I've created a folder in the Quicken program directory on Vista called "BU from XP". Here's the path shown on Vista: Computer OS (C) Program Files (x86) Quicken Current QdataBU from XP. When I go to the XP machine and look at My Network Places, I find in the Name column: * BU from XP...
August 18th 09 04:28 AM
by jaygreg Go to last post
4 246
this file is no longer located in [location] by Goatsmacker
When trying to extract a trainer for resident evil 4 I kept getting a message from UAC, then I solved that problem. But now I'm getting the "this file is no longer located in C:\Users\(my account name)\AppData\Local\Temp\7zEA949.tmp\asx-re4_eu110.exe. Verify the items location and try again. I've tried most solutions found on this website and google, but most are how to delete files and not...
August 17th 09 01:15 PM
by Goatsmacker Go to last post
0 175
Word Docs Don't Exhibit In Vista Explorer Preview Pane by PaulP
Word documents do not exhibit in the Vista Explorer preview pane. Excel and Powerpoint documents exhibit as intended. Most of the time when I highlight a Word doc in Vista Explorer, I get a message that Word 2007 has an error, and after Windows searches for a solution, another messsage appears to the effect that Word must be closed. Every once in a while it works properly. Other times the...
August 17th 09 01:10 PM
by CTVF Go to last post
2 230
Cannot see all users by MoFo
I have 2 user accounts set up. One for me as admin and one for my wife. When using Windows explorer, I cannot see me under users... only her account. However when using my ftp program,l filezilla, I can see myself. why would there be a difference? -- MoFo
August 17th 09 10:33 AM
by MoFo Go to last post
1 196
Recovey of Dell Inspiron 1525 by nisar6788
Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop with recovery partition D from factory for its recovery to factory conditions.Inorder to safegaurd the recovery partition having factory image and data, i managed to creat the exact copy of drive on the external hard drive by Keriver image backup and restore.In case of any emergency, how can i restore my laptop from the recovery availiable in external hard drive. By...
August 16th 09 01:12 AM
by krazyl Go to last post
5 274
Default for Compressing Files by jessicazaq
When we got the computer the default icon and action for zipped files was unzipping it, extracting it to regular files. With a broken mouse and two puppies running around, clicking things that I don't want comes easily -- I managed to give myself a new default for unzipping my files and now, I can't get into anything. Is there anyway I can restore it back to the way it was or do something so I...
August 15th 09 04:34 PM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post

From The