Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
remove a file type from being indexed by [email protected]
I unchecked a file type "stn" to remove it from indexing and when I went back into that list it was checked again. I did a test with tif and jpeg files. It rechecked the tif file extension but left the jpeg extension unchecked. Any solution to this?
March 31st 07 07:49 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 133
windows mobile device center by Zrod
Hi, I was running windows XP with active sync, before upgrading to vista, i untinstalled active sync, and after upgrade, i am unable to synchronize my PDA imate. When i double click on WMDC, nothing happens, when i connect the PDA, i can see it in teh device manage. Any hint. Thanks
May 7th 07 07:59 PM
by Zrod Go to last post
0 133
documents and seeettings folder by Zrod
Hi, Is there a way to access teh folder documents and settings under vidta? When i double click teh folder, it give an unauthorized access, while i am logged in as administrator. any hint?
May 7th 07 08:24 PM
by Zrod Go to last post
2 134
cannot open downloaded files in firefox by zsmall
I used to use microsoft xp and recently bought a new computer and installed firefox. I can download files, however, unlike before, i cannot open them as a "grey icon" comes up and when i look in the directory i have downloaded to, there is NO file. I've tried this a billion times and it takes 10 minutes to download something on my computer, it'll never ever appear. I can download files perfectly...
November 5th 08 12:04 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 327
Mirroring Vista to a different Hard Disk by [email protected]
I recently installed Vista onto an 80 GB hard drive, intending to just check it out, but I now intend to use it as my main OS, and I'd like to move it over to a newer, more reliable 120 GB hard drive, which I've never done before. Could anyone tell me the easiest, most painless way to accomplish this? I'd rather not have to reinstall vista, but I can if need be.
February 23rd 07 08:40 PM
by R. C. White, MVP Go to last post
1 190
personal folders appear twice in list by Zwots
Hello, Sorry for my bad English, I'm Flemish, but I could'nt find the right answer for my problem in the Dutch group .... I use the Dutch version of Vista Home Basic This is what happens: When I right click on a file and choose 'sendto' I get a drop downlist showing my personal 'user' folders, but they are shown TWICE, the same name and both can be used normally. I mean you see this...
May 5th 07 07:46 AM
by Zwots Go to last post
1 147
Windows Directory Customized as 'Music'! by zx12a1
Hi I have discovered that my c:\windows directory, and all child folders, has taken on the appearence of a 'Music' folder. As the properties window does not support a 'Customize' tab I am wondering if anyone can instruct me as to how I can reset this to a 'normal' files folder? Thanks
November 11th 08 11:29 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 561
Unable to use previoius back up by Zydecokid
I recently purchased a new PC (Gateway w/Phenom Quad Core Processor). I am having some issues with software and network, so at Gateway's recommendation, I had to reinstall the system from factory recovery. Before I did the reinstall, I backed up my music, documents, photos, etc. After the reinstall, it will not locate the back up files, even when I direct it to the drive on which they...
June 3rd 08 10:50 PM
by Zydecokid Go to last post
0 230
Deleted files and directories still visible by zzoott
I have deleted some files and directories. When I run an application that I use for music notation as "administrator" and go to its "OPEN FILE" window, files and directories appear as expected. When I run it without the "administrator" ticked, I can see files and directories that I know I have deleted. Anyone have any idea what is going on? I think this may have adversely affected a recent...
October 8th 07 06:22 PM
by zzoott Go to last post
0 167
Setting all directory view settings the same. by zzz
I tried to set-up all my subfolder directories all with the same layout in Vista Ultimate, by selecting: Tools, Folder Options, and View. Or: Organize, Folder & Search, and View. However selecting “Apply to Folders” will not set the width and location of the directory’s fields nor set the size of the window. Perhaps there's another way, or this feature doesn't work, although it...
June 7th 07 04:16 AM
by Rock Go to last post
1 225
Goofed up GPT partition table... Data Lost? by __
I have a 320 GB drive in a USB external converter (the big plastic shell that turns any IDE drive into a USB 2.0 drive). I did something I shouldn't have done, I just pulled the plug instead of doing the nice "safely remove hardware" I guess they really mean it. Here's the sequence: 1. Vista doesn't remount the drive, it's found in Disk management as 800GB
July 23rd 08 04:46 PM
by Smithsonian[_5_] Go to last post
1 246
How delette files without muliple OK's? by ~hp-hdx~
Hi, I have a new laptop with Vista home premium on it. I can not delete files like I could in XP. Every time I delete a file, a box comes up with a bunch of choices in it. One is "as Administrator" or something like that. Clicking on that a few times deletes the file. I have been unable find out how to make it work like XP. Can anyone tell me how to do this? It would save me a lot of time and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 28th 10 08:28 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
14 1,028
How delette files without muliple OK's? by ~hp-hdx~
Hi, I have a new laptop with Vista home premium on it. I can not delete files like I could in XP. Every time I delete a file, a box comes up with a bunch of choices in it. One is "as Administrator" or something like that. Clicking on that a few times deletes the file. I have been unable find out how to make it work like XP. Can anyone tell me how to do this? It would save me a lot of time and...
March 24th 10 03:40 PM
by ~hp-hdx~ Go to last post
0 411
̷s}*ܯS, itrade-in¤ by j
24230092
August 15th 09 02:50 AM
by j Go to last post
0 300
setting window size and views in vista by עדו
I set the window size (of windows explorer) and the views I want (tiles / large icons, etc') and close the window. it seems to work fine, but after a few minutes or after i change these settings on a few other folders it seems to forget my settings. I tried to press shift or ctrl while closeing the window. doesnt work. Is it a bug or a known issue with windows vista?
July 9th 07 06:40 AM
by עדו Go to last post

From The