Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Reverse Sort Order Views
Personal File Crash cldemuxer.ax ?? by nick3889
Ok I've read that some people have had the same problem but its seem to be different then mine When ever i try to open my personal file (the one that contains my pictures and Videos and stuff) it crashes restarts and i get this: TROUBLESHOOT A PROBLEM WITH CYBERLINK DEMULTIPLEXER CyberLink Demultiplexer has stopped working properly. CyberLink Demultiplexer is a codec. The file name of this...
May 2nd 10 02:14 AM
by nick3889 Go to last post
0 788
How to use admin rights ? by [email protected]
Windows Vista-32 I'm logged in with my admin account and trying to change some rights on a folder and a file but it keeps telling me I need to provide "admin permission" Why is it doing this - I AM the admin its a single user laptop there IS only me and I have an admin account. It isnt even allowing me to GIVE permission or telling me how to do
November 11th 10 10:36 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 1,200
Write permission denied on "Program Files" directory. by Octavio[_3_]
Hello, Windows Vista has denied write permission on the "Program Files" directory to Eclipse IDE preventing it to create subdirectories and copying java .class and.war files on it. I did install Eclipse using my administrator account but the problem persist. Do you know what to do ? Many thanks.
August 18th 10 11:13 AM
by Octavio[_3_] Go to last post
0 1,349
How to select files in a directory by typing the first letter of thename like in XP by SlickRCBD
How to select files in a directory by typing the first letter of the name like in XP Something has changed on my copy of Vista 64-bit Home Premium, and now when I try to type the first letter of a filename to jump to it, instead Vista puts it in the search box in the upper right hand corner of the window instead of jumping to the filename like in all previous versions of Windows. This...
July 23rd 10 07:09 PM
by SlickRCBD Go to last post
0 1,251
Folder settings by Martin Racette
How can you make Windows remember the folders setting PERMENANTLY Every time that I reboot it lost the size and type of every single folder, and also the top bar is empty except for the NAME option so I have to redo every single folder which take something like 2 hours so that I could be functional again BTW it even lose the view settings for MY COMPUTER window --
May 31st 10 11:04 PM
by Martin Racette Go to last post
0 1,185
search for a file with a specific word in it by JR
In XP (and previous versions of Windows) I was able to perform a wild-card search of a drive, directory, folder while looking for a specific word. I can not find how to do that in VISTA. How do I search a drive for files with the words "Class I" in a powerpoint file? Thanks
May 27th 10 08:57 PM
by JR Go to last post
0 513
Enjoy MTS videos on your players by xuejingxue10
fdjhgejthfhjhjesrofwesrdf lfdkxjhsodufjhdfksdf fkjsdhgisd -- xuejingxue10 Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
May 21st 10 06:55 AM
by xuejingxue10 Go to last post
0 486
Problems with Vista backup program by No Name
I've not been able to complete any file backups successfully for about two months. Some of the error messages suggest that I need to tell my antivirus program to stop interfering with accesses to wherever the list of previous backups is stored - but so far I've had no success finding out just where that is. I have found that a program C:\Windows\System32\sdclt.exe seems to be responsible for...
May 19th 10 03:42 PM
by No Name Go to last post
0 488
syntax error by maida vale
I keep getting a pop up message saying that a numbered line has a syntax error. The line numbers are different each time. How can I fix this?
May 16th 10 08:13 PM
by maida vale Go to last post
0 439
Check the Indexing Box? by Bob
Very brief background, questions below: My Acer computer has some Acer apps located in a "C:\Acer" folder which really should be in the "C:\Programs" folder. Before I reformatted and restored my (Vista) hard drive the "Indexing" box was checked. (Computer Right click C drive properties General Tab near bottom.) I like the Indexing feature in Vista. After the reformat and restore of...
May 7th 10 02:50 AM
by Bob Go to last post
0 410
hard drive appears nearly full but is only 25% used by frankfleck
I have vista home premium, 200gb hard drive. i had not been paying attention until I received a warning that I was running out of space. Being sort of a dummy, I took computer to Best Buy. They ran diagnostics. They found no problems. Then they cleaned it up and optimized it. When I got it home the C drive showed 177gb capacity with 135gb free space. Within 3 days my free space was reduced by...
May 6th 10 01:48 AM
by frankfleck Go to last post
0 386
Cannot Modify Indexed Locations for Windows Indexing Options in Vista by lmacri[_4_]
I am having problems with Windows Search Indexing using excessive amounts of CPU and slowing down my system and want to decrease the number of locations and/or file extensions being indexed to see if this helps the problem. However, when I try to modify the indexed locations (Control Panel | Indexing Options | Modify), the Change Selected Locations pane is empty (i.e., there are no check boxes...
May 4th 10 07:26 PM
by lmacri[_4_] Go to last post
0 583
Personal File Crash cldemuxer.ax ?? by nick3889
Ok I've read that some people have had the same problem but its seem to be different then mine When ever i try to open my personal file (the one that contains my pictures and Videos and stuff) it crashes restarts and i get this: TROUBLESHOOT A PROBLEM WITH CYBERLINK DEMULTIPLEXER CyberLink Demultiplexer has stopped working properly. CyberLink Demultiplexer is a codec. The file name of this...
May 2nd 10 02:14 AM
by nick3889 Go to last post
0 414
Check the Indexing Box? by Bob
Very brief background, questions below: My Acer computer has some Acer apps located in a "C:\Acer" folder which really should be in the "C:\Programs" folder. Before I reformatted and restored my (Vista) hard drive the "Indexing" box was checked. (Computer Right click C drive properties General Tab near bottom.) I like the Indexing feature in Vista. After the reformat and restore of...
May 7th 10 02:50 AM
by Bob Go to last post
0 678
Transfer Android SMS to PC via usb by jimy
Hello, Is there a way I can transfer Android SMS to PC for backup using usb? I need to set my Galaxy S2 back to factory settings and don't want to lose my messages. Any help is great. Thank you. I have a windows vista.
April 30th 12 06:37 AM
by jimy Go to last post
0 1,290

From The