Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
³Ì·s¤â¾÷¶}*ܯS»ù, ¥itrade-in¤â¾÷ by ¦¿°¶±j
¦¿¥ý¥Í 24230092
August 15th 09 02:50 AM
by ¦¿°¶±j Go to last post
0 297
Favorites not working by siebje
The solution I found with icacls favorites /setintegritylevel (OI)(CI)low is not working for me. I replaced my folder to the drive D:/. I get this error: see the file I uploaded. Does anybody has a solution for this problem? +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: file.jpg |
August 14th 09 07:17 PM
by Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP Go to last post
1 235
windows search doesn't give expected results when using hyphens. by Scottg
I am trying to look through a list of files where the name has dashes. for example, the filenames look like "2009-01-14-09-08_123.wav" When I type 2009-01-14 or "2009-01-14"(typing quotes) in the search field, I get all files that have 2009, 01 and 14 in them but not exclusively "2009-01-14". For example, I would get this as a result: "2009-01-01-14-08_123.wav" which is not what I...
August 12th 09 11:44 PM
by Dave T.[_4_] Go to last post
3 199
Sounds Simple but very important; Trouble saving a webpage with images Offline. by GeekGal
Good Morning. I have trouble saving some important images that I need to save, along with the webpage these images are on from a website. These images are uploaded onto the webpage by a separate source. I have saved these web pages displaying these images in two ways 1) simply saving them in by pressing "save" and then saving them "webpage complete" and a I also save them “web archive” as an...
August 12th 09 10:08 PM
by Jeff Richards Go to last post
1 164
Removing a hard link by uSlackr
I was doing some testing with mklink today. I'm looking to move a (non-system) folder from C: to my new data drive. I used mklink /j C:\c_test e:\e_test to create a link. I noticed that when I deleted c:\test, the contents of e:\test were also deleted. I expected this given the definition of hard link. I was confused that e:\Test was not also deleted. But, my real question is, once I...
August 11th 09 02:41 PM
by uSlackr Go to last post
1 200
Removing a hard link by uSlackr
I was doing some testing with mklink today. I'm looking to move a (non-system) folder from C: to my new data drive. I used mklink /j C:\c_test e:\e_test to create a link. I noticed that when I deleted c:\test, the contents of e:\test were also deleted. I expected this given the definition of hard link. I was confused that e:\Test was not also deleted. But, my real question is, once I...
August 11th 09 02:05 PM
by uSlackr Go to last post
0 231
All folders on C: backed up but unfortunately not in form of image by Mollius
Two weeks before my old Vista ultimate went bust I had, for security’s sake, copied all data on C: to an external HD – instead of saving them in the form of an image. This was rather stupid. For my newly installed Vista, How should I now make best use of the saved data? Try to copy at least some of the files individually ? Would you have any suggestion? Many thanks in advance Mollius
August 10th 09 05:04 AM
by Jeff Richards Go to last post
5 204
Help!! by pennant77
Hi everyone a newbee here, Can anyone please tell what (msb.exe) is as it keeps coming up as "stopped" and closing down?? All reply are welcome many thanks pennant77 -- pennant77
August 9th 09 06:11 PM
by DL[_3_] Go to last post
1 280
cannot add tags to files by jofoster
My files and folders system has descended into deeper and deeper chaos since I started using Vista, so I decided to tag my word files. But the help instructions refer to, and illustrate, something called a "details pane" which I cannot find. I know it's a problem because I've been up all night with various forums, but none of their solutions work. Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com...
August 9th 09 03:59 PM
by Dave T.[_4_] Go to last post
1 185
Can't I view thumbnails in Vista? by Roberto Carruso
I can only view icons, list, details and tiles. Why can't I see thumbnails like in previous versions?
August 8th 09 01:36 PM
by sonia[_2_] Go to last post
7 288
Cannot browse through symlinks by St
I have a dualboot Vista/XP system, and have some symlinked folders, which work in XP but not in Vista (in particular I cannot browse through them, getting 'file not found error'). Why are they incompatible across the systems and is it possible to fix them?
August 8th 09 03:17 AM
by St Go to last post
0 157
Search for multiple images at one time. Help Needed! by bennyblanco0
Hi, I really need help on this one guys!!! I have 400 images all in one folder and I’m tiring to sort them out. By doing so I have an excel sheet with images names sorted out, however I cannot sort or search multiple file names at once. I would save me a lot of time if I could only select say 120 images and search for those names. Any guess on how I could achieve this, it would be a huge help...
August 8th 09 12:38 AM
by Bob Go to last post
3 168
Back Up using Vista Control Panel by Carol & Ray Reilly
I backup up data to a remote Western Digital drive using the Vista Backup Everything seems fine. I selected to backup all files on the "Back Up Files" menu except TV Shows, Compressed Files and Additional Files. My question is, If this hard drive dies and no longer lets me access it (which is what happened to my last XP computer) can I save registry and all other files that will let me restore...
August 6th 09 08:15 PM
by Badger[_3_] Go to last post
1 187
Syncing up folders by Mark[_8_]
I have pictures on 3 or 4 different PCs and a NAS drive. I'd like to sync them all. Any suggestions on the best way to do this inexpensively? Windows Explorer doesn't seem the tool for the job!
August 6th 09 01:27 PM
by DL[_3_] Go to last post
3 224
Impossible to format BD-RE by grendi
Hello all!! I have Windows Vista 64 bits ultimate with SP2 installed. I'm trying to format a BD-RE 25gb (LG) and it does not work, Windows tries to format and then says "unable to complete the format". What should I do? Do other brands of BD-RE work? Thanks Gz
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 6th 09 04:28 AM
by grendi Go to last post
11 318
Disk cleanup - System error memory dump files by No Name
Is there something useful to do with System error memory dump files, or can I safely tell Disk Cleanup to delete them? Robert Miles
August 5th 09 06:52 AM
by Jeff Richards Go to last post
6 224
Extra Office 2007 Document Window by On Request[_2_]
Often when I open an existing Word 2007 or Excel 2007 document, two document windows open. One is the desired document. The other is a blank and untitled window perhaps better termed an 'empty' window with a pale blue color. None of the elements in the Ribbon are active (grayed out, or dimly 'blued out'). It is like a phantom window alongside the desired window. Nothing can be typed into the...
August 5th 09 12:48 AM
by Jeff Richards Go to last post
4 231
Can not get external HD BKF to run by mmmacw
Can anyone help me? My PC was running Window XP and I was using the windows backup program to backup my computer onto an external Hard Drive. I had a mother board failure and I have decided to just convert to only using my Vista laptop. I have connected the external HD but when I try to run the backup.bkf file it will not run on the Vista computer. I keep getting a message saying that it...
August 4th 09 04:58 AM
by Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP Go to last post
8 272
Files Transfered From W98 To Vista by brbrown
I have just transfered all my Works created wps Documents files from my W98 computer to my Vista computer using Works but they will not open. I get a message saying "Works was unable to open the project you have selected. The file may be corrupted. Anyone any idea why Please?"
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 3rd 09 06:45 AM
by brbrown Go to last post
10 329
Unable to remove user folder by ahmedia
I am the only user on this laptop - there is the Administror logon and my user account (ARH). I also have a third user folder on here - from a user profile that became corrupted which is called Andy. The user account has been removed but the folder has not so is not associated with a user logon. I have given the administrator logon full permissions on Andy. When I check, the Admin has full...
August 2nd 09 03:04 AM
by SuperXero Go to last post

From The