Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Dual Boot Sharing Files by grasshopper1947
I have a dual boot system: Windows 7 & Vista I create lots of Word documents using Vista. But I can’t seem to find them when I boot up on Windows 7. How can I access the Word documents from Windows 7 ??
May 1st 10 03:16 PM
by whs[_8_] Go to last post
8 503
Dual Boot Sharing Files by grasshopper1947
I have a dual boot system: Windows 7 & Vista I create lots of Word documents using Vista. But I can’t seem to find them when I boot up on Windows 7. How can I access the Word documents from Windows 7 ??
April 30th 10 08:09 PM
by grasshopper1947 Go to last post
0 196
Need help with Boot sector verification by Robert Janik
I have a problem with Vista startup and all attempts with bootrec and bootsect failed. Startup repair detects C: drive and detects Vista Ultimate. Repair says it did not find any problem. When starting up machine I get black screen without any error message. Issue seems to be similar to cloning hard drive as I found on the net. If I rename bootmgr I don't get any error message so it looks...
April 30th 10 04:23 AM
by Robert Janik Go to last post
0 181
Cannot Delete file in Vista by Rana P
Hi As suggested here is a new post from the original post at: http://www.vistax64.com/vista-file-management/126576-vista-won-t-let-me-delete-files-folders-3.html OK didn't know it was such a big hassle to delete a file in Vista. I am using Windows Vista Home Premium, on a Dell inspiron - 32 bit - Intel Core2 duo CPU - Memory Ram 2046 MB I had downloaded a video file on my desktop, but...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 25th 10 06:50 PM
by Ben Go to last post
14 1,104
redirect file open action to another by Leon_Amirreza
I have a DVD in drive f: with these 2 files on it: f:\p.exe f:\data.txt when I start the process p.exe it attempts to open the file data.txt. Is there Anyway (any command or tool or whatever) that I redirect file open action to another file on another drive without the process being noticed? I tried mklink command line tool that comes with windows vista and 7 but it cant make a junction or...
April 25th 10 03:01 PM
by Leon_Amirreza Go to last post
0 185
redirect file open action to another by Leon_Amirreza
I have a DVD in drive f: with these 2 files on it: f:\p.exe f:\data.txt when I start the process p.exe it attempts to open the file data.txt. Is there Anyway (any command or tool or whatever) that I redirect file open action to another file on another drive without the process being noticed? I tried mklink command line tool that comes with windows vista and 7 but it cant make a junction or...
April 25th 10 03:01 PM
by Leon_Amirreza Go to last post
0 456
Can't search for "exact phrase" with Desktop Search 4.0 by Brad[_11_]
I've found that I can't search for a string inside a file using quotes and get an accurate result. The search will find all words, even though MS documentation indicates that searching in quotes will give exact phrase. anyone find this and fix it?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 22nd 10 09:17 PM
by Retroman Go to last post
10 343
finding files modified between dates by stumped-in-excel
I'm a XP Pro user that just converted to Vista. I'm having trouble finding all files on C:\ that were modified between certain dates. XP had a very easy search function but Vista is a bit more obtuse. Can someone please tell me how to find files created or modified between specific dates or before or after specific dates? I'm at my wits end -
April 22nd 10 08:51 PM
by stumped-in-excel Go to last post
4 282
How do I save one file as more than one file? by elcastellano
I'm trying to do just what I said in the title. But for some reason, my computer won't let me. I have a base empty file that I created to replace files I no longer need. Actually, I do that with all file types. I don't want a bunch of files that take up a whole bunch of space on my disk. And I also don't want a bunch of files taking up room after I delete them. Basically I want save one...
April 22nd 10 06:19 PM
by elcastellano Go to last post
8 256
How do I save one file as more than one file? by elcastellano
I'm trying to do just what I said in the title. But for some reason, my computer won't let me. I have a base empty file that I created to replace files I no longer need. Actually, I do that with all file types. I don't want a bunch of files that take up a whole bunch of space on my disk. And I also don't want a bunch of files taking up room after I delete them. Basically I want save one...
April 22nd 10 01:24 AM
by elcastellano Go to last post
0 144
Can't search for "exact phrase" with Desktop Search 4.0 by Brad[_11_]
I've found that I can't search for a string inside a file using quotes and get an accurate result. The search will find all words, even though MS documentation indicates that searching in quotes will give exact phrase. anyone find this and fix it?
April 21st 10 09:37 PM
by Brad[_11_] Go to last post
0 138
Unable to save files on memory stick - keep getting Error 0x800700 by Bootsja
I am using a brand new Sony Microvault 1GB memory stick USB with windows vista. I am unable to save any file on it either using save, Save as or just dragging it over, except .jpg. So word Escel etc. I cannot save. I get Error 0x80070052 Is there a simple solution I can't see? Thanks
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 18th 10 06:11 PM
by Rusticdave Go to last post
18 644
Files cannnot be found "check hardware configuration" by Teddy C
I saved files from my C (Vista Business) and D (data) drives to an external G drive. Due to a problem with my Operating System I was forced to do an clean install which I did from Dell Factory partition. When I tried to restore data files from C or Drive specficially .pst and sql databases from Outlook and Business Contact Manager I could see the files using "restore from another computer"...
April 13th 10 02:44 AM
by Teddy C Go to last post
0 258
Files cannnot be found "check hardware configuration" by Teddy C
I saved files from my C (Vista Business) and D (data) drives to an external G drive. Due to a problem with my Operating System I was forced to do an clean install which I did from Dell Factory partition. When I tried to restore data files from C or Drive specficially .pst and sql databases from Outlook and Business Contact Manager I could see the files using "restore from another computer"...
April 13th 10 02:44 AM
by Teddy C Go to last post
0 127
Files won't delete by Mark Cunningham
I have a laptop running 32bit Vista Home Basic. Basically; I have a load of videos and files I want to delete as I have wached them and don't need or want them anymore. I highlight all the ones I want to delete; then hold Shift and Del to get rid of them. I get the usual mesage about are you sure you want to delete and I click yes. It then goes thorugh the process of deleting them and they...
April 11th 10 10:29 PM
by Bob Go to last post
4 355
English lit. analysis - extracts and planning by Jeanna Henson
Hi Miss, Ive attached my 2 extracts that i have chosen and my plan for the analysis piece. Just wanted to make sure I had done my plan right and for you to look over my extracts. Nearly finished on my creative writing piece and my analysis essay and will email you them mid week. Thank You Jeanna x
April 11th 10 04:20 PM
by Jeanna Henson Go to last post
0 240
File not recognized by eric blom
I have an Excel file on my desktop. Whenever I double-click on it, I get the error message "Windows cannot find 'C:\users\owners\Desktop\eric.sources.xlsx' It doesn't matter if I save it under another name, or even pasting into a new file. I am able to open it by opening Excel first and then using the "open" function.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 9th 10 11:50 PM
by Divers Big Day Out[_2_] Go to last post
23 738
can't access temp folder under user profile by alving
Hi I cannot access TEMP folder under user profile, or even access any file in that folder. It says the folder is corrupt. I tried to run ccleaner, however that didn't fix it. Could someone please suggest how I can get rid of this folder and start a new one Thanks - Av
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 9th 10 04:48 AM
by ashvin Go to last post
10 393
Files won't delete by Mark Cunningham
I have a laptop running 32bit Vista Home Basic. Basically; I have a load of videos and files I want to delete as I have wached them and don't need or want them anymore. I highlight all the ones I want to delete; then hold Shift and Del to get rid of them. I get the usual mesage about are you sure you want to delete and I click yes. It then goes thorugh the process of deleting them and they...
April 8th 10 12:24 PM
by Mark Cunningham Go to last post
0 184
93 WIIKEY FUSION Informacion by wiikeyfusion
Atendiendo a las peticiones de los usuarios finales y distribuidores, estamos encantados de confirmar que el apoyo WBFS se incluirn en Wiikey Fusion. Pronto podremos comprar Wiikey Fusion.Segun nos informa el distribuidor para espaa www.R4spain.com/tienda WBFS es un sistema de archivos desarrollado especialmente para el almacenamiento de copias de seguridad de Wii que comprime los juegos a un...
April 7th 10 07:42 PM
by wiikeyfusion Go to last post

From The