Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Managing Recent Items by Dudi
Hello, I use Vista Home Basic. Whenever I use Recent Items (under Start selection) for re-running previous documents, I always get old items sorted out by 'abc' order. I tried to get into recent folder and sort the folder content out differently but it changed nothing at Resent Items (on Start option). Is there any way to sort out the listed items by their creation/modification
May 21st 09 04:25 AM
by H Brown[_2_] Go to last post
1 165
cannot rename folders or move folders by jillwenburg
I have been battling this for several days. I cannot rename folders or move them. I am running Vista 32bit and I have read about others with this problem running 64. there are fixes out there for that, but I have tried everything I can think of/find and still no fix. I just reformatted not long ago and am hoping not to do that again, but I am not sure what else to do. I would appreciate any...
May 20th 09 02:01 PM
by jillwenburg Go to last post
0 272
Network disk access password not saved by Guba
I'm experiencing a strange problem. I have two Vista biz pcs, one is a laptop and the other is a desktop. I have prchased a network RAID drive for backups and storage and I have created 3 volumes over this drive. The drive file system is unix based, with a nice http-like administration interface: I have to say to be quite satisfied by this unit, whilst is not so fast and performing it seems...
May 20th 09 11:38 AM
by Guba[_4_] Go to last post
7 291
A Deleted Folder keeps recreating by Samthesudden
Dear all, I have Windows Vista Home Premium. A weird problem is being faced. I had created a folder in my Documents folder, and after I had finished with it, I deleted it. But it refuses to stay deleted, It keeps recreating itself every time I start the machine. I just can't figure out what is happening. I first thought it might be malware of some sort and I scanned my computer with...
May 19th 09 11:28 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
4 235
Explorer crashes ? by Bob Johnston
Vista Ultimate - Recently I have started having a problem with explorer. When I right click a file to copy, explorer sometimes crashes back to the desktop. After two or three tries it will sometimes work, sometimes not. A drag and drop over 2 windows always works so it is not the file itself.
May 19th 09 10:10 PM
by GladiatorYU Go to last post
9 249
Vista won't keep size of folder by bjproc
hi, i've tried to resize folders on my PC, drag to the size i want (full screen) right click, refresh, top left hand & close, it'll open up again in the correct size, but say after a reboot, it's back to the small size again any ideas?
May 19th 09 05:55 AM
by bjproc Go to last post
6 188
Windows Explorer loses Folder Customization by Daven
I am running Vista Home Premium, and have a problem with Windows Explorer. When I set the customization of some folders, the settings for some other folders change. For example, I have one folder that contains data files, and I prefer to have this displayed in the "All Items" style. I right click on the folder name and select Properties from the pop up menu. I select the "Customization" tab...
May 18th 09 10:58 PM
by Daven Go to last post
2 188
Missing Images by Darthmalius
Ok I am a bit of an armature photographer. So it's easy to imagine I have tons of pics. Most of which I don't remember. However I also use Photoshop (The reason I take most of my pics) So when I am starting a project I usual have an image or 2 I want to use in it in mind from my library. lately I have been looking through my library of images and noticed more and more they are disappearing....
May 17th 09 11:09 PM
by Bob Go to last post
1 187
In Explorer, Right Clicking Kills Explorer by Michael Rodriguez
If I right click on any icon in Explorer (to create a new directory, for example) Explorer closes. How can I fix this/ Thank you for your help. Michael Rodriguez
May 17th 09 09:06 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 170
Vista search won't open individual Outllok emails by huberth
When I do a SEARCH on my Vista 64 bit system, I CAN'T OPEN any E-MAILS from my Outlook 2003 I can see the titles, dates, etc, but it won't open I CAN open all other search results (HTML Text, etc). -- huberth
May 17th 09 08:01 PM
by huberth Go to last post
0 177
Vista search won't open individual emails by Julie In Brooklyn
First off, I am NOT MS's biggest fan by a long shot. However, under XP I installed Windows Desktop Search, and I really really like it. I could search all of my outlook 2003 email, delete emails, move emails etc etc. Now I have a new laptop with vista on it. I have installed Outlook 2003, and allowed the indexer to run over night. When I use search to search for emails, I can see the email...
May 17th 09 07:57 PM
by huberth Go to last post
2 155
LOCK DESKTOP ICONS IN PLACE by Sandy J
Does anyone out there know how to lock desktop icons in place? Every time I restart my computer my icons are all out of order. I have made sure that the choices for Auto Arrange and Align to Grid are unchecked.
May 16th 09 10:55 PM
by felinis[_5_] Go to last post
9 313
zero byte files created in C:\Users\Joe\AppData\Local\Temp\OPSD629.tmp after boot by chevysales
above files in temp folder are created after each boot. running vista ultimate 64 bit on i7 puget systems build. wondering if they started with internet explorer update from 7 to 8? can't think of anything installed lately other than that. all files are zero bytes and start with "OPSD###.temp
May 16th 09 08:12 PM
by chevysales Go to last post
0 164
Copying or deleting by Robert Wolfe[_4_]
ViSo why isn't this a "proper question" ?? ViVista appearently has a problem deleting a large number of files, and Vithe so called "solution" of using "remove directory" offcourse is NOT a Visolution at all, that's just avoiding the subject. ViThat's like when you're having problems playing mp3-files on Vista, Visaying "Then don't play mp3-files on Vista". Problem solved.... ViYou have...
May 16th 09 11:37 AM
by Robert Wolfe[_4_] Go to last post
0 139
I want to automatically name folders ? by mimsriggers
Hi, can any one help me to automatically name new folders. I make folders for inventory items. I name them using the date and time. It's quite time consuming to have to look at the clock each time and type the info into the new folder naming box. In answer, I'd like to be able to press a button or two and have a folder appear with its name being the date and time. Thanks in advance Bill --
May 16th 09 06:27 AM
by Donald Lessau Go to last post
1 160
Copying or deleting a large number of files by Jeroen
Hello, When I copy or delete a large number of files (1000) in Vista32, the explorer.exe process grows to more than 1.5GB in size, and then my computer stops responding. I think there is a memory leak in Windows Explorer? And how can I copy, move or delete large numbers of files?
May 15th 09 05:20 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
9 297
need help on how to fix akprogressbar.ocx error by textaiwo
plss help.. -- textaiwo
May 15th 09 11:29 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 154
how to restore pictures (not in a folder) by powervan8
hello guys, i hope you can help with this concern, typically a simple concern. i put all my new pictures in a new folder and after putting all the new pictures i noticed i made a mistake in sorting those pictures. now, i want to restore all my new pictures in previous version (not in a folder) how should i do that? :D i know guys you can help. thanks in advance! :)
May 14th 09 12:37 AM
by No Name Go to last post
2 189
First Time User of RoboCopy-Syntax Question by SeaRay33
This is my first post here and I have just discovered RoboCopy. I am trying to get the following command to work in a script: c:\Robocopy "D:\shares\TV Collections-Permanent" "E:\Shares\TV Collections-Permanent" /MIR /Z /COPYALL /NP /R:4 /W:5 /LOG+:"C:\External-Shares.log" /TEE The command works as expected if I use only the /Z, /NP, /R:4, or W:5 parameters. If I include the parameters /MIR,...
May 12th 09 08:31 PM
by SeaRay33 Go to last post
4 170
Partitioning HDD in vista by Che
Hi guys I bought a dell laptop with 320 GB HDD and the OS is Vista Home Premium.I have tried to make c drive smaller and make another drive, i have used partion manager, partition commander and the shrinking feature of vista itself but none of them wokrd, partition magic and partition manager resize my c drive but when i want to create a partition they tell me that there is an error and i...
May 12th 09 03:39 AM
by NYCGirl Go to last post

From The