Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
indexing WordPerfect files by Warona
Vista search is ignoring the content of WordPerfect files. I've made sure that the .wpd extension is marked 'Index Properties and File Contents' under Advanced Indexing Options and I've rebuilt the index for the selected locations (thanks to other contributors for pointing out these possible solutions). There is no problem searching for content in .pdf, .doc or .html files in the same...
April 13th 09 07:09 PM
by rtankersley Go to last post
7 261
80 Firmware Drivers R4 Dsi. R4i Dsi 84162 by r4idsi r4i
Drivers Firmware R4i Dsi . Firmware R4 Dsi nintendo http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_firmware-drivers-nintendo-dsi-r4-i-upgrade_1214985 Firmware Drivers R4i Dsi , R4 Dsi , R4i-sdhc.com
April 11th 09 08:48 PM
by r4idsi r4i Go to last post
0 259
10 R4i Dsi, Drivers Firmware, R4 Dsi nintendo Dsi 15957 by r4idsi r4i
Firmware - Driver para R4i Dsi, R4 Dsi. Nintendo Dsi. http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_firmware-drivers-nintendo-dsi-r4-i-upgrade_1214985 saludos ^yDlr?X
April 11th 09 07:43 PM
by r4idsi r4i Go to last post
0 250
Sorting files by date modified by Katharine
I am having an annoying problem with Vista. I have my folders set to view details. When I click on "date modified" to sort by descending date, the files are not sorted from most recent to least recent, but appear to be sorted on the month only. So, files from Dec 2007 come before files from Nov, Oct, Sept , etc. and the files from Jan 2008 then show up from most recent to least recent...
April 11th 09 04:10 AM
by H Brown[_2_] Go to last post
8 265
Recent Items by i100s
Hi. I am very sorry for this very newbish/noobish question, but I am wondering if this is a problem or not in a 64 bit Vista. I have searched through the internet, and this forum itself too, but none of the solutions seem to work. Everytime I open audios and videos, the audios and videos I recently open up never gets added in the Recent Items in the Startup. When I open up other types of...
April 11th 09 02:02 AM
by H Brown[_2_] Go to last post
3 248
Need first frame thumbnails of AVI movies as folder icons by ute
Need first frame thumbnails of AVI movies as folder icons What can I do to get the *first* frame of AVI movies displayed as thumbnails? The icon frames which are shown at the moment are from within the first 10 seconds (=300 frames) of my movies. (BTW Most of my AVI movies are MJPEG Codec (1280 X 720, 30fps) and came from a Windows computer (lossless cut using VirtualDub).) I hope there is an...
April 10th 09 04:41 PM
by Mike Torello Go to last post
8 408
Can't delete info in backup GlobalCatalog file by Rick
Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit Service Pack 1 My backup drive D: is too full to accept another nightly backup of drive C:. I can manually delete the many older backup sets I no longer need but the reference to them in the GlobalCatalog remains. Under drive D: "Properties" I've tried using "Disk Cleanup" removing the "System Restore and Shadow Copies" but no backup sets or reference...
April 9th 09 04:11 PM
by Rick Go to last post
0 199
Where can I get information about NTFS LFS(Log File Service)? by choppings
Hi, Where can I get information about NTFS LFS(Log File Service)? I already read the famous book "Windows Internals-chap. 12", but that's not sufficient to make program. I hope to make the program that directly access and parse NTFS log files. Especially, $LogFile and $Extend\$UsnJrnl.
April 9th 09 09:52 AM
by THE C. [MS MVP] Go to last post
1 240
Where can I get information about NTFS LFS(Log File Service)? by choppings
Hi, Where can I get information about NTFS LFS(Log File Service)? I already read the famous book "Windows Internals-chap. 12", but that's not sufficient to make program. I hope to make the program that directly access and parse NTFS log files. Especially, $LogFile and $Extend\$UsnJrnl.
April 9th 09 09:50 AM
by THE C. [MS MVP] Go to last post
2 252
document and settings access problem by aregon
::I connected a Hard Disk that was in operation in my old XP PRO machine using a USB IDE adapter ::::to a Lap Top running Windows 64. Windows 64 recognizes the XP disk but does not allow me to access the data in the drive. :(:: -- aregon
April 8th 09 01:07 AM
by aregon Go to last post
0 233
picture renaming by TEZ
Hi When I go into pictures and open up a folder of pictures arrange them in an order I like for a slide show. I then select all of the pictures and right click to rename. I then type  the number 0 or the letter A and click on a blank area of the screen ( I have been doing this in XP for years and it has always worked )In Vista as soon as I click on a blank screen the pictures go into a...
April 7th 09 08:48 PM
by H Brown[_2_] Go to last post
1 231
Partition - what for and how do I use them? by Adam C
I have just bought an Acer laptop with Vista Home Premium and it has two partitions. One is called D: Data, but the computer doesn't seem to use it. Each partition is about 50gb in size and I bought the laptop to take on a six-month trip through Asia with me - I plan to use it to work with and store all the photos I'm going to take on my digital SLR. The photo files are all quite big, so it...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 6th 09 09:11 PM
by Esoterixia Go to last post
18 489
Can't see folders by Pangce
hey can somebody please help!!!....i cant see my folders when i open the area... when i'm attaching a file however i see all the folders...i hope the images explain wat i mean cause i really cannot explain wat is happening... i would really appreciate the help.. thanks
April 6th 09 01:37 AM
by Pangce Go to last post
0 229
Can't rename a folder by PT[_2_]
This sounds like one of those Vista curses. I'm the sole new user of a home media center PC running Vista 64 bit ultimate. Privileges are of absolutely zero concern. So I try to rename a folder, call it MainFolder located in UserName | Music and which contains numerous subfolders created by Windows Media Player 11. I can rename the subfolders with no problem. But today, for the first time
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 5th 09 11:17 PM
by +Bob+[_2_] Go to last post
10 402
Copy files with folders by Jacques Latoison[_2_]
Does anyone know if there is a way to copy files with their respective folder locations? I'm looking to do a Windows Search, and copy and paste the files found to another location but I need the folder structure of the original file to be copied with the file, so that its original location is intact.
April 2nd 09 05:06 PM
by Jacques Latoison[_2_] Go to last post
4 216
summer time problem in backups by Jiøí Cvrk
hello, using Vistas, XPs, on my source PC. With Summer time, time of the files shifts forward for one hour. On my backup disks (virtual truecrypt, fat32 flash, etc.disks) remains one hour late. How to resolve backup problem? Comparing time shows, that all files on source is one hour newer. Thank you for replies.
April 2nd 09 12:20 PM
by Pavel A.[_3_] Go to last post
5 226
Disk Management - Shrink volume by Paul[_26_]
I have a laptop with a 90GB hard disk. There is 60GB free and I'm trying to use the Shrink volume option in Disk Management to make the main partition smaller. After I want to create an additional partition so I can dual boot. The problem lies with Shrink Volume. Even though I have 60GB free it's only offering me the chance to shrink by 14GB.I've turned off system restore and hibernate. I've...
April 2nd 09 12:09 AM
by Headstrap Go to last post
6 317
Sort by date modified not working by ktothek
Hello, I have a major problem with sorting folders. I have a folder hat has like 1000 files in it and am trying to sort these files as usual by date modified. However they are not sorted by the actual date, but they are sorted by month. For example; take five files having different date modified information as below: aaa.xls 3/10/2009
March 31st 09 02:49 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
1 211
Kopierte Dateien werden nicht mehr angezeigt by Hein
Hallo, ich habe am Samstag einen neuen Computer mit Windows Vista Home gekauft. Nachdem alles ordnungsgemäß installiert wurde habe ich diverse Musikdateien und Fotos von einer externen Festplatte in die "Eigenen Dateien" kopiert. Lief alles problemlos. Gestern nachmittag nachdem ich den Computer gestartet habe, waren die Musikdateien und Fotos (bis auf eines) nicht mehr im Verzeichnis. Die...
March 30th 09 09:26 AM
by Hein Go to last post
0 185
How to tell SED to emit output in 8-bit ASCII only? by Michael Moser
I am sure there are better places/forums to ask the below question, but I didn't find any. If you know a better place please advise! I have to mangle some "plain ASCII" text file (i.e. 8 bits/characters where the text DOES contain characters like Umlauts and accented characters from the upper 7-bits range, i.e. with hex codes in ). For this I am trying to use SED which I downloaded as part of...
March 29th 09 07:32 PM
by Michael Moser Go to last post

From The