Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
I can not find the FAX Program in Vista by BernieJ
Hello, I am new to Vista and send and receive many Fax. In other versions of windows there was a Fax Program that I used extensively. I can not find FAX Program in Vista, can someone please help me find if it is in Vista or give me the Windows link to download. Please be as detailed as possible as I am not a computer techy. Thanks for your help Bernie
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 18th 09 10:34 PM
by Randall Flagg Go to last post
13 522
Color heading in Windows Vista by Access Joe
What does the new COLOR Heading in Windows Explorer (Vista Enterprise - have to manually add it from the customize box) do? It's easy to turn on, but I don't see a physical way to color-code the files and folders. Can anyone help?
February 18th 09 03:05 PM
by Jonathan Harker Go to last post
3 216
Doubleclick and Enter not working in explorer by whywontthiswork
For some reason doubeclicking or pressing enter on an entry in windows explorer doesn't work anymore. (In the right hand panel). Right-clicking and selecting "Open" instead does work; "Open" in the right-click menu is properly bolded, so as far as I can tell it's still the default action. Pressing the enter key or doubleclicking appears to do absolutely nothing.
February 18th 09 02:47 AM
by whywontthiswork Go to last post
0 191
Get rid of System Volume Information by senn[_2_]
This was posted on Vista.general.discussion for a couple of days ago. I have an old system disk with XP which I moved to the E-drive when I installed Vista on a new disk. Everything of the OS on the old XP disk is deleted with the exception of this System Volume Information. I´ve taken the ownership and is now allowed to look into the folder. But no way of deleating it.
February 17th 09 09:23 PM
by semc Go to last post
5 318
Classic view navigation pane enable by VectorPrinciple[_2_]
Ok, Aero looks cool and all but the majority of changes in Vista are more than annoying. My latest gripe happens when Vista is set to classic view and the navigation pane (folders, directory tree) is gone. How does this get enabled again. I prefer both panes, but i can find NO WAY while in classic view to get the navigation pane enabled again. Has anyone else experienced this, and did you find...
February 17th 09 05:17 PM
by VectorPrinciple[_2_] Go to last post
0 204
Moving folders only moves files by Markus Eßmayr
Hello there, I often have - as lot of others will have too - to move files and folders around. Basically this works as expected but very often, if I move a complete folder structure, the files and folders are correctly created in the target location, but the empty folder structure still exists on the source!?!? What's happening here? Has anyone an idea?
February 17th 09 04:20 PM
by Markus Eßmayr Go to last post
0 221
Copying EML files to CD - properties error by Juan Herrero
If I try to copy Windows Mail messages (in .EML format) to CD, I get a message telling me that certain properties cannot be copied - do I wish to continue? Yes I do!!... but it asks me EVERY time. Is there a way to get this warning message to default to yes in future?
February 17th 09 03:55 PM
by willythekid Go to last post
1 181
Ghost icons on desktop by Tim Walters
I had some problems with a program, fiddled about with Vista, and ended up losing all my early restore points. Also, the ghost icons you get when you open a Word document stay on the desktop even when the documents are closed. (In fact, there's even a ghost icon labelled "Desktop" which is there before I open any program at all, just after a reboot.) How can I get rid of these ghost...
February 17th 09 12:24 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 181
Downloading ZIP Files with Vista Home Premium 32 by acejock
I am running Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit on a HP dv6458se Notebook. A couple of weeks ago when I tried to Open or Save a ZIP file online I got an Adobe Reader 9 error. The Adobe logo showed in the Open/Save/Cancel Box. Prior to that ZIP files opened OK automatically. When I uninstalled Adobe Reader, ZIP files download OK. The problem reoccures as soon as I reinstall Adobe Reader.
February 17th 09 04:27 AM
by LVTravel Go to last post
2 275
destination access denied by tyty1234
ok i have been have this problem, when i try to delete a mp3 file it tells me that its is denied(like as in thread title) i have restarted computer to make sure that it is not running in any thing but it wont let me. i am trying to delete it because nortan has detected a virus on it. that may be why i cant but please someone help i need to get it off!! Tyler *edited* oh yea and the song works...
February 16th 09 11:57 PM
by Shankp[_2_] Go to last post
4 188
Forgotten folder settings by charles
Last time I checked, this was a long term bug that Microsoft couldn't fix. I'm hoping that's changed by now because it's driving me crazy. No matter how I set a folder (view, layout, sort by) within a few startups it gets set some other random way. This is worse with Vista because it takes so much to select the Navigation Pane (instead of just clicking the Folders button]. I downloaded a...
February 16th 09 07:44 PM
by Brink Go to last post
1 190
Removing a menu in Vista? by chaos67731
Ok, In the picture you will see a menu bar that I have made RED, I am looking for a way to get rid of that menu. I am running Windows Vista 7635 +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: Capture1.JPG | |Download:...
February 16th 09 06:06 PM
by chaos67731 Go to last post
0 173
Frustration with setting up folder views by Philip Reece-Heal[_2_]
I would like to set up different folder views for say Pictures, Documents, Music, Contacts. How do I set up different views with different columns of data for these different folder types? Also, I then want to split my folders into categories so create subfolders to the main folders. Is there a simple way to ensure all subfolders of a particular folder type have same columns and look just...
February 16th 09 03:48 PM
by Philip Reece-Heal[_2_] Go to last post
0 180
erorr by f_khan10
hi i register some files in my system but they give me this messsege after i have very problem to register my system files ..any one help me? (the module"mscomctl.ocx was loaded but the call to dllregisterserver failed with error code0x8002801c. for more information about this problem,search online using the error code as a search term)
February 16th 09 03:12 PM
by GTS Go to last post
1 274
Changing the file editor by Bertrum
Under Windows XP I could associate different programs to do different actions on each file type, e.g. open, print, edit etc. These actions would appear on the context (right click) menu for files of that type. Now I want to change HTML files to edit with my own editor rather than with Word as they do now. All I can find however are settings to change the default program to open files with....
February 16th 09 02:46 PM
by JimB Go to last post
5 183
finding path to an .exe file by Leo Kline[_2_]
I am tryigng to learn Vista-64 bit. I have a shortcut on my desktop for Excel. I want to find the .exe file for excel. RIght clicking on the shortcut and looking at either Properties/general (which tells me where the "SHORTCUT "is located or Properties /shortcut gives me the line "Target" but just shows the name of the file and not its location. In XP The line "target" would show the...
February 16th 09 01:29 PM
by Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP Go to last post
8 252
Disappointment with Vista alternative media program? by Dan \(the newbie\)
Hi, I'm posting this question to relevant newsgroups, I hope you don't mind. I subscribed to the alternative media program and I do not yet what to make of the six DVD set that I received from Microsoft. I had hoped to order the 64-bit media but something got screwed up and they sent me 32-bit media and the DVDs were dated 2007. Was this a clearance sale? SP1 was on a separate DVD. A more...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 15th 09 11:31 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
12 445
Deleting DVD files by bashar
undefined Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums
February 15th 09 10:59 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
2 281
Program & Features by Rolando E Creagh, MD FACS
Greetings to all, The Program & Features Control panel of Vista offers an option to see the program version displayed in the listing. Once selected, it will be present for the session but unfortunately only until the next boot. Is there a means to make it stay until the user takes it off? Windows "save configuration" is ON. Is this perhaps a bug? Cheers,
February 15th 09 07:32 PM
by Rolando E Creagh, MD FACS Go to last post
0 147
Locating specific file in TIF by Nothing
I've read over a few old threads to try to find an answer to my problem but nothing seems to work. I am trying to locate a JPEG in my TIF but I'm failing miserably!! When accessing my TIF it only seems to show a limited amount of files and none of them are image files. In fact, I can't seem to locate any of the image files in any Temp file. I have used the obvious root extenstions and made sure...
February 14th 09 11:02 PM
by On Request[_2_] Go to last post

From The