Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Trouble opening PPS. files in Email? by Skiddy
I just cant open any PPS. attachments in email? it tells me to find the association that opens it? -- Skiddy ASUS P5N-D LGA775 Nvidia nforce 750i SLI ATX Intel MB CPU Intel Core2 8400 Wolfdale 3.0ghz 4G 2x2gb OCZ ReaperHPC DDR2 800 6400
February 14th 09 03:41 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
3 249
REPOST - Disappointment with Vista alternative media program? by Dan \(the newbie\)
Hi, I'm posting this question to relevant newsgroups, I hope you don't mind. I subscribed to the alternative media program and I do not yet what to make of the six DVD set that I received from Microsoft. I had hoped to order the 64-bit media but something got screwed up and they sent me 32-bit media and the DVDs were dated 2007. Was this a clearance sale? SP1 was on a separate DVD. A more...
February 14th 09 02:36 AM
by Tyro[_2_] Go to last post
7 415
Details view sort order by Tom[_23_]
Example: 785.txt precedes 3241.txt. I'd prefer the old way where the "3" precedes the "7". Any way to change this? -tom
February 13th 09 05:53 AM
by Brink Go to last post
4 282
transferring data by lynnelandis
I have a Dell XPS M1530 which hasn't been a great computer. Now the screen is completely whited out and while the computer SEEMS to still function internally, you can't see anything. I have a new Dell Studio computer and I want to transfer some files from the old computer (specifically iTunes) to the new. I have transfer cables and have tried numerous times to do this, but I keep getting a...
February 12th 09 08:42 PM
by DL Go to last post
3 269
My programs are acting funny... by Juiceman
All of my programs are opening in bittorrent and i have no clue whats going on :( please help! Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums
February 12th 09 08:24 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 277
How can you restore files from a damaged USB storage by seebyher
I have a busbi 8GB with most of my schoolwork ipmorted in it yesterday afternoon after I had mad updates to my pc I tried using my usb, but this time nothing was happening... My usb flashes a red color to prove it works bu it doesnt no moshock: I have all my coursework stored in deadline to send them is approaching HELP HELP HELP :shock::shock::shock: -- seebyher
February 12th 09 11:38 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
2 293
Vista's Junctions by Robert Morley
Okay, so I'm finally getting around to really exploring Vista for the first time, and I found a bunch of hidden junction folders that, at first glance, appeared not to be working. Of course, I later realized that there was a Deny permission issue going on, and after Googling it, I discovered that that was by design. "Why deny folder browsing only?" I won't ask, but fine, it's by design....
February 11th 09 09:23 PM
by Robert Morley Go to last post
9 318
Compatibility Files Button by Doug Parrish
What is the purpose of the VISTA Toolbar button called "Compatibility Files" when I click on certain folders to see their contents? The contents list often changes to show other files. Just exactly what is going on? Thanks. Doug Parrish
February 11th 09 08:29 PM
by Doug Parrish Go to last post
2 285
sendto by Evan Camilleri[_2_]
In XP I used to do in the 'SEND TO' folder a new folder say 'Users', then inside this folder i did shortcuts to each user folder. Then when I am on a file that i want to send to 'Joe' I will right click / click Send To / Click Users / Click Joe = In VISTA I tried the same but all I got was... Then when I am on a file that i want to send to 'Joe' I will right click / click Send To / Click...
February 11th 09 05:48 PM
by Brink Go to last post
2 337
Zip files by Waistcoat
Hi all, I've suddenly lost my ability to unzip files. Vista (business) doesn't seem to have an associated program, and I don't know where to find it. Anyone know? I don't really want to shell out 40 smackers for winzip if I don't have to. I was able to decompress when I had XP, anyone know what happened?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 11th 09 04:18 PM
by Gordon[_8_] Go to last post
37 1,276
unable to view folders that contiain zip files....... by r davis
all the sudden, when i attempt to open a folder that contains .zip files, windows explorer locks up.... i do have winrar installed which was running for months before this has occurred...... i re-installed winrar too.. that didnt make a difference.... im using vista business edition....w/ all updates.... what do you recommend r davis
February 11th 09 01:28 PM
by r davis Go to last post
0 264
File Indeing by SahaSusi
The Data structure for File Indexing......:confused: -- SahaSusi
February 10th 09 04:50 PM
by LVTravel Go to last post
1 294
Pwershell vs robocopy by kfleming
The reason most of us are still using robocopy is it is quick and simple to write a script that says copy these files from here to there if older than some date or delta I have seen nothing in any of the blogs, forums, manuals, scripts, etc. that makes using powershell as simple as robocopy. Does anyone have such simple scripts. Also, has anyone done any comparision on rate of copy and...
February 10th 09 04:49 PM
by kfleming Go to last post
0 234
change document view when attaching to email by bahboo
I've had XP for years and found it easy to use. I've only had Vista for a couple of weeks and it has been problematic. Some things I can live with, but this document view is about to drive me insane. If I click on documents from the menu, I have no problems finding what I need, but when I am writing an email and click attach, when it opens my documents they are not organized the same way. When...
February 10th 09 04:12 PM
by Jim Moriarty[_2_] Go to last post
2 276
File Indeing by SahaSusi
The Data structure for File Indexing...... -- SahaSusi
February 10th 09 03:47 PM
by SahaSusi Go to last post
0 278
Windows Explorer Problem by taximcafee
After fresh installation strangely I found that Windows Explorer is not showing Size of the file? Is it due to some virus or something else? I searched details (right click on bar) but "Size" is missing. I have to use property option to know size of the files. Please help how to overcome this problem. Also, can you please suggest some good explorer as all file explorers of Microsoft are not too...
February 10th 09 03:08 PM
by taximcafee Go to last post
2 298
Netgear SC101 Storage Central by Lyam Körkkö
Hello all i have a SC101 Storage Central (http://kbserver.netgear.com/products/sc101v1.asp) but as per my uppgrade ti vista i can nolonger use it ... anyone know if it is in MS intrest or Netgers to make the driver .... id like to be able to use the cabinet still ... it´s not that old and works perfect for backups and stuff.
February 10th 09 03:15 AM
by tesen Go to last post
7 292
Default Open and Edit? by Nigel Molesworth
In Windows XP, you could manually edit the default programs to Open and Edit a file, in this case for JPG files. Although I have found how to change the default Open in "Set Associations", I can't see how to change the default Edit to launch PhotoShop.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 9th 09 02:53 PM
by JimB Go to last post
25 1,185
Indexing problem with Vista and Outlook 2007 by Russell
I have the RTM of both programs, though previously I had beta of Office 2007 on this machine (removed, then RTM installed). Every time I try to do a search in Outlook, it complains that the index isn't completed. When I check the indexed items waiting, I find that the number never changes unless I receive new mail, in which case it goes up with the new mail. If I do a rebuild, it finishes...
February 9th 09 01:01 PM
by Gardar Go to last post
5 365
File icon for "no program association" shows QuickTime icon. by JimB
There are files in Vista that have no extension (yes, I've uncheckmarked the option: don't show extensions for known filetypes). Normally these kind of files have a neutral icon like the one on the left. However extensionless files (like the one on the right) now suddenly show a QT icon. http://i44.tinypic.com/jkue08.jpg In Vista you can associate files to open with a program and automatically...
February 9th 09 12:04 PM
by JimB Go to last post

From The