Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
problems with organizing files indexed locations by Lennard[_2_]
Hello! I hope someone can help! I have asked this question in the Dutch newsgroup and previously in this newsgroup but unfortunately it seems to be a rare problem. However, I have more information now so maybe this helps! When I choose (using Vista) 'stack by name' the shown folders are empty. It shows a-e, f-l, m-r, s-z and also for each folder the number of items found but when I click on...
December 20th 08 03:53 PM
by Lennard[_2_] Go to last post
0 375
!HELP! - I made a science Report and when I closed it and reopend it ERROR!!! by JakDG
Ok, I was making my Science report for school ( Which is due tomorrow :( ). I saved it, and it gave me the following error http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u214/hapsterr/Error.jpg] I tried opening it in Notepad I scanned it for spyware and everything.
December 20th 08 02:15 PM
by Zoso Go to last post
5 437
Desktop Shortcut Icons are not actually Shortcut Icons by turnbeau
I want to clean up my desktop by deleting some shortcut icons. Each of the icons contains the directional arrow in the lower left corner. However, when I "right click, delete" on any Shortcut Icon, I am prompted: *Are you sure you want to move this file to the Recycle Bin? *I actually deleted several programs before realizing what I was doing. The wording I was accustomed to in WinXP: *Are...
December 20th 08 02:23 AM
by PaulB Go to last post
1 348
Favorites please help by Man of Steel
every time i go to my internet explorer and click on my favorites button i get this error message C:\users\aaron\documents\favorites\favorites refers to a location that is unavailable. It could be on a hard drive on this computer, or on a network. Check to make sure that the disk is properly inserted, or that you are connected to the internet or you network, and then try again, If it still...
December 19th 08 11:24 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
3 421
Batch files by this
Hello! I am a beginner at batch files but I mean you have to start somewhere. The thing is that I don't want the command window to be visible when I run the batch file. Do you know how to do that? I have also an other question. There is a program(folding client) that runs from the command and I want to be able to hide it. I want a small and simple solution/program that can do that. I don't want...
December 18th 08 11:27 PM
by this Go to last post
2 323
System restore error message by heshey
I have windows vista 32 bit.In personalize apperaance & sound Display Settings, when I try to change screen saver, mouse pointers, theme it does not respond for a change. When I try to use system restore, I get this error message There was an unexpected error. The resource loader cache dosen't have loaded MUI entry. (0x80073801) Please close system restore & try again.
December 18th 08 04:32 PM
by Gordon[_5_] Go to last post
2 294
organizing files by Lennard
Hello!, Hope someone can help! I am Dutch and unfortunately there is no Dutch Vista discussion group. Therefore I am using this discussion group. However I am using the Duch version of Vista so I will do my very best to try to translate to english. My apologies for any mistakes! In Vista there are different options to organise the files in a folder: you can choose 'sort' , 'group' and the...
December 18th 08 01:25 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
3 295
Explore path question by Bob Weber
When I right click the start Orb and select Explore it opens to C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs. How can I make it just come up in C:\? Bob
December 18th 08 02:44 AM
by R. C. White Go to last post
1 324
ÈFÈUÈbÈqÈZ ÈUÈeÈeÈZÈhÈ^ÈhÈcÈqÈZ ÈYÈqÈfÈdÈmÈ`È^ by ÈEÈdÈXÈcÈZÈYÈU
Ç÷ÈWÈUÈYÈlÈUÈhÈr ÈbÈ^ÈcÈiÈh ÈmÈ^ÈgÈhÈdÈXÈd ÈiÈYÈdÈWÈdÈaÈrÈgÈhÈWÈ^Èu http://sanderswynx.chat.ru
December 18th 08 12:44 AM
by ÈEÈdÈXÈcÈZÈYÈU Go to last post
0 283
Help with folder relocation by dflpprd
I recently just upgraded to Vista (SP1), and I'm having problems with the folders in the Personal folder. Initially, I wanted to delete them, but they didn't seem to respond. So next I tried to relocate them, starting with the 'Desktop' folder. I changed its location to 'C:\Windows' but all it did was relocate all the files from the 'C:\Windows' folder to the desktop. Now I have all of those...
December 17th 08 06:01 PM
by dflpprd Go to last post
0 278
Partitioning by Boblink
Hi, I used the Disk Management (Administrative Tools) to Partition a 500G "C" Drive to a C, D, E and F Drive. I decided that I don't need one of the Drives (the F Drive) and want to reallocate the space to the D and E Drives. The problem that I am having is that the F Drive is marked as Primary Partition and the E and F Drives as Logical Drives and when I right click on the either the D or E...
December 16th 08 10:18 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
3 275
Bulent's Screen recorder hiding files by GeekBoy[_4_]
I can only see the files in two ways. One is to use the Bulent's to open the file, or use the Vista search to find the file, however in this method, the files are listed as links and not the acutally file. When I click on the link, the file is not there, according to the OS. Any ideas?
December 16th 08 09:30 PM
by GeekBoy[_4_] Go to last post
0 323
Folder in Start menu All program Wont Delete by Dreamymorning
so i was trying to install a game and my computer crashed so i had to restart it. then now i have a folder in start menu all program RebirthRO when i right click it Expand and thats the only option i get. i tried to refresh desktop and restart the computer many times.
December 15th 08 03:02 AM
by The Max[_2_] Go to last post
1 254
Path defaults to c:\windows\system32 when using Run as Administrator by Nick Payne
A have a couple of backup cmd files using relative paths. If I double-click on them in Windows Explorer then they run using as the default path the location of the cmd file, which is what I want. This worked fine on XP, but on Vista I have to run the cmd files as administrator for some of the copies to succeed. However, if I right-click on the cmd file and select "run as administrator", it...
December 15th 08 01:57 AM
by R. C. White Go to last post
1 278
default directory opening Windows Explorer by Gail C
I have my drive partitioned and save all data to Data Drive. when i open windows Explorer it defaults to C:\Username\documents which means i have to scroll and find the partitioned Data drive. Is there some way to change the default opening directory. I have checked for Options or tools and can't find anything that works -- thank you for your help
December 14th 08 05:16 PM
by DaveD[_2_] Go to last post
1 320
Why is backup sorted into "Backup files 1" etc? by Blackredgold1964
Hi, i just ran the first Backup via the Wizard in Vista and wondered why it organizes it into folders "Backup files 1", "backup files 2" up to 60 or so. This makes finding info difficult. Whey does it not take my existing structure, e.g. "Documents", "Pictures" , "Videos" etc? Thanks in advance Blackredgold1964
December 13th 08 06:39 AM
by Blackredgold1964 Go to last post
0 302
Vista File Dialog views and naviation. by David F.
Starting to use Vista and lots of little stuff missing makes navigating a real PITA. 1) how do I get the file dialog common control to remember the size and view I've chosen. every time it's opened again it's back to being too small and in icon view (I use details view). 2) how do I get the http stuff out of the dropdown on file dialogs? 3) how do I move up one level. I only see "back"...
December 12th 08 06:28 AM
by David F. Go to last post
0 276
Can't move non-system files in Win Explorer by drumz
I am not trying to move system files or folders. I am trying to move folders/files I created and copied over from my XP machine. When I check the properties they are read only. So I unswitch them get warned and as soon as I look at them again they are back to read-only. I have admin permissions so not sure what the problem is. I can delete the folders/files but I want to reorganize them....
December 11th 08 07:59 PM
by drumz Go to last post
8 293
Album art & folder pictures... by Howard Woodard
I have lots of music folders. Most have the correct album art -- though I don't know where it comes from or how it gets displayed -- but some have pictures that have nothing to do with what's in the folder. I have displayed hidden files and there aren't any hidden graphic files in these folders. Also, I have used the properties dialog to change the folder picture file and even though it...
December 11th 08 07:07 PM
by Howard Woodard Go to last post
5 326
Standard use for file detail fields? by james
Vista has a lot (hundreds?) of file details fields (e.g. comments, artists, genre, ...). Some of the fields are pretty self explanatory. Some are not. Is there a web site that defines or recommends what each field is intended for? I just bought a bunch of mp3s from amazon, napster, etc. I want to put the name of the store in one of the detail fields so that at a glance I can tell where the...
December 11th 08 02:20 PM
by james Go to last post

From The