Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Can't Config Permission To Xfr Files On LAN by therock[_11_]
Hi, When I try to xfr a file from my desktop x64 to my laptop x86 over my wired LAN I get a need permission prompt. When I try to xfr a file from my laptop x86 to my x64 desktop it will do it. I have set full control on both machines in all the permissions categories but it will not let me xfr afile. I see my files on the x64 are Read Only and I un-check it and hit apply
December 5th 08 12:48 AM
by therock[_11_] Go to last post
4 304
SERVICE PACK 1 INSTALL by Toyman
Microsoft offered the Vista SP1 update to me via Automatic Updates a few weeks ago. After reading posts about other folks difficulties with it, I opted to wait. However, I'd like to give it a shot now. Is the install still difficult, or has it been 'fixed'? I recall one (or more) of the MSVP's referring to a link to 'ease the pain' of the update. Problem is, I no longer see it. Can...
December 4th 08 11:58 PM
by Toyman Go to last post
2 283
chkdsk /r by Bob Brazie
How can I do a chkdsk /r? If I try from a command prompt in Vista it tells me Access denied as you do not have sufficient privileges. You have to invoke this utility running in elevated mode.
December 4th 08 07:43 PM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
6 357
NEW IPHONE VIDEO PROJECTOR PROTOTYPE NOW AVAILABLE LIMITED EDITION by jurgita
This is an exclusive gadget for iphone addict. Perfect gift for christmas only 1000 copy http://iphone-video-projector.com
December 3rd 08 05:02 AM
by jurgita Go to last post
0 299
How do I replace missing System 32 file? by hurhas
Seeking help. Accidentally deleted: C:\windows\system32\rsvhlsfhokgllhfu.exe. Currently experiencing now problems. Anyone know what this does? How do I replace? Thanks.
December 2nd 08 08:38 PM
by Ken Blake, MVP Go to last post
3 321
Can I set the details of Explorerto stay with my desired details? by animator01
On Windows Explorer, with Vista, is it possible to have my chosen combination of Details (e.g. File Type, Size, Date Created, Tags, etc.) always be shown? I never use Tags, Ratings, Author, Composer, etc. etc. Instead I always use: Name, Size, File Type, Date Modified. -- animator01
December 1st 08 04:28 PM
by animator01 Go to last post
0 287
Can I set Explorer like in XP address bar? by dropping_the_ball
Vista Ultimate (and probably all the other versions of Vista) have a bizarre idea of how address bar navigation should be. It doesn't follow established search metaphors found in web pages, Mac systems, Linux systems, and all of the previous Windows systems. To say the least, it is not intuitive. Furthermore, it doesn't allow customization to revert back to the XP-style address bar. Vista...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 1st 08 04:17 PM
by Gordon[_5_] Go to last post
13 613
Problems with Vista SP1 by Paul Phillips[_3_]
I installed SP1 last week and the following problems started happening: 1. Most programs seem to be working ok on my laptop, until I close the lid. When I reopen, Skype can't reconnect, and Windows Mail doesn't work properly. 2. Microsoft Office files leave ghost copies on the desktop even if Office itself has been shut down. Does anyone have any suggestions?
December 1st 08 09:21 AM
by Iain[_3_] Go to last post
2 339
.dll Files by lufcboy
Please help - all my dll files have been ::Associated with internet explorer and keep openining in a loop - how can I put this right???:: ::With thanks:cry::: :::: -- lufcboy
December 1st 08 09:15 AM
by lufcboy Go to last post
2 317
window live space rebuid so i can contuide by Dave1007\David Poudrier\ect.....
broke-down\crash\harddrive do sign-in!
December 1st 08 08:44 AM
by Miss Cleo Go to last post
3 305
file names and folder names have been changed into some values automatically by harish9999
Hi There, Can anyone please help me. one of My Major folder in my External hard(western digital 1TB) drive is not accessible at all.. their file names and folder names have been changed into some values, and folders in it have turned into 0 kb. but the root folder shows the accurate size of all the folders even the one which is corrupted.. So is there any possibility to recover that folder....
December 1st 08 02:51 AM
by Jim5753 Go to last post
3 294
Can I Make the SORT BY - TYPE Option Available in All Folders? by J. Danniel
Hello, I'm using Vista Home Premium. I want the SORT BY/TYPE option available for each folder. The SORT BY/TYPE option is not part of the Sort By menu, by default. It has to be added manually. I'd like to know if I can configure Vista Home Premium so the Sort By/TYPE option is added globally to each folder, including new folders I create.
December 1st 08 01:24 AM
by Nineball Go to last post
3 256
Cannnot copy iso files over my network by syborfical
I use to be able to copy iso files from my files server to my desktop no problems. I had no problem until i ssicated winrar with the file types. Now when ever i try and copy an iso file over my network i get "Destination Folder Access Denied" I have tried permissions etc etc. I have full control of the folder i
November 30th 08 04:28 PM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
1 343
Send Free SMS Worlwide to any mobile phone iphone gsm http://free4sms.info by massimo
Free4sms is a free service. Send SMS for Free worldwide to any mobile phone gsm, iphone, smart phone. use it with moderation. http://free4sms.info/ free4sms enables you to send free SMS from its site to any cellular phone worldwide. free4sms service is provided like is, there is no guarantee of timely delivery of all messages to all cellular networks, free4sms cannot be held liable for any...
November 29th 08 02:48 AM
by massimo Go to last post
0 264
Copied a real "My Pictures" folder to Vista and can't remove it by mikej
After replacing a hard drive that was going bad on my laptop running Vista Home Premuim, I was copying some files that I had previously backed up to the new drive. I accidently, copied an actual directory named "My Pictures" to the new drive under the "Pictures" directory. Now I can't get rid of it. I've taken ownership of it, etc., and I still can't rename it, delete it or delete any files in...
November 28th 08 08:19 PM
by mikej Go to last post
0 277
Windows Explorer Navigation Does Not Function Correctly...or as I wish. by VectorPrinciple
Vista Business 64 bit Windows explorer navigation is doing unwanted things. I am not sure if this is peculiar to VB64 or if it is a setting someone enabled, or that could be disabled. I just know I do not like it. The other Vista systems (not 64 bit) do not do this. I navigate windows directories and files with a combination of mouse and keystrokes, Ex: Open explorer, in the directory tree...
November 26th 08 09:35 PM
by VectorPrinciple Go to last post
0 318
simple question about directory tree by Dr. DOS
In Windows explorer(file manager)left pane (the directory tree) All I want is.... for the left pane/window to show the contents of the C:\drive and what hangs below it, such as the existence of all the subdirectories and D;\, e;\ etc. I do not want to see the useless "My Documents," "printers," "unused desktop shortcuts," etc. and the rest of these irrelevant sub-directories (folders). I do...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 26th 08 09:11 PM
by VistaRookie[_94_] Go to last post
29 1,252
By-pass Vista file restrictions. by Dr. DOS
Vista Business Professional I want to by-pass all restrictions to file access. No more "access denied" when looking at "documents and settings." No denial of access to others in the workgroup. I want an open LAN. I am quite frustrated going through 13 steps for security permissions and ownership just for the principal user (me)(administrative permission) to look at or modify a file or...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 25th 08 08:53 PM
by Gordon[_5_] Go to last post
17 686
Deleting shortcuts from desktop by BeverleyJ
Hi, Can anyone help with this one. It's minor, but irritating! I have uninstalled a couple of programmes using their built-in uninstall options. Everything has gone smoothly apart from the shortcuts are still left on the desktop, and it won't let me delete them. I get the following message: Item not found, This is no longer located in C:\Users\Public\Desktop\ etc. Verify the item's...
November 25th 08 11:10 AM
by DDW[_3_] Go to last post
8 359
Icons by Neville Pearce
I previously was able to see previews of pictures in the computer window. Now all I see is the same picture icon for every picture from the camera. I have tried to change the default program that it opens with Windows Photo Gallery, and this works for a second and then it returns to the generic icon. Can anyone help? Thanks
November 25th 08 05:58 AM
by Neville Pearce Go to last post

From The