Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Reverse Sort Order Views
Stop Vista remembering previous file names [Image attached] by INeedHelp1
http://i49.tinypic.com/4h330i.jpg] I hope there is a quick solution to this and I have the same problem with vista remembering previous save locations. Thanks in advance :) -- INeedHelp1
December 30th 09 11:49 AM
by INeedHelp1 Go to last post
5 396
Will not delete by johnathonozanne
please help me, i am having real trouble deleting files! It started when i deleted an old Administrator account (*not the first one made*), and i chose to delete the files. then i then came to realise that the files were STILL located in *C:\Users\,* will all the directories, ** etc. so, i then tried to delete them and was granted with the lovely " You Need Permission to Perform This Action ",...
June 24th 09 11:37 AM
by johnathonozanne Go to last post
5 239
Need new copy of "butterfly.wav". by mrmanfam
I am using Vista Ultimate 64 bit. I had the sample video "butterfly.wav" as my desktop wallpaper. While surfing the net, I came upon a site with a jingle. From that point on, the sounds of the video wallpaper INCLUDED the jingle! System restore did not help. All my virus and malware checkers find nothing. I figure I'll delete my file and install a new one. Vista came installed so I don't have...
June 22nd 09 02:07 PM
by mrmanfam[_3_] Go to last post
5 218
Trying to arrange files by 'date recived' but its driving me bonkers by inthedogbox
I have my downloads folder right, which every now and then i download something, currently have about 500 files in this folder. The arrangment of it is driving me up the wall cause i cant get it to what i want. If i change it to alphabetical order, or by size, it changes accordingly, but if i choose, 'date recived', 'date acquired', 'date archived', 'date completed' - it does nothing.
July 16th 09 11:49 PM
by inthedogbox Go to last post
5 238
All folders on C: backed up but unfortunately not in form of image by Mollius
Two weeks before my old Vista ultimate went bust I had, for security’s sake, copied all data on C: to an external HD – instead of saving them in the form of an image. This was rather stupid. For my newly installed Vista, How should I now make best use of the saved data? Try to copy at least some of the files individually ? Would you have any suggestion? Many thanks in advance Mollius
August 10th 09 05:04 AM
by Jeff Richards Go to last post
5 204
temporary Internet Files by venom762
I remember that I was able to see icons and pages and Pict's from a folder in vista but for the life of I can not remember how I got to it. -- venom762
November 21st 09 11:57 PM
by Bob Go to last post
5 629
Recovey of Dell Inspiron 1525 by nisar6788
Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop with recovery partition D from factory for its recovery to factory conditions.Inorder to safegaurd the recovery partition having factory image and data, i managed to creat the exact copy of drive on the external hard drive by Keriver image backup and restore.In case of any emergency, how can i restore my laptop from the recovery availiable in external hard drive. By...
August 16th 09 01:12 AM
by krazyl Go to last post
5 275
Recoving 7 Zip Archive - Cannot open file 'xampp.7z' as archive by GodsDead
Cannot open file 'xampp.7z' as archive error. Hey all, i recently created a backup of all my websites, databases and many projects, using a backup tool: cobian backup 9. This created three files for the folder i was backing up (my xampp directroy) These were three 7-zip files split into 700mb, 001, 002, and 003. I copyed these to an external HDD, re-formatted my Main HDD in my machine,...
October 23rd 09 02:56 AM
by Erasmus Go to last post
5 549
E-Mail storage by Eugene J.
I recently lost some past e-mail that I wish I could recover from a back-up disc. Can you tell me where these might be found on my C drive? Thanks for any help
August 20th 09 02:58 AM
by Louie Pham Go to last post
5 221
AppData by pie
I accidentally deleted my Appdata folder, and i forgot to restore it. It was in my recycling bin and i forgot it was in there, and i emptied it because there was a bunch of stuff in it. is there a way to get my AppData folder back? -- pie
June 7th 09 10:42 AM
by brummyfan[_27_] Go to last post
5 234
Most things wont save. HELP! by bartholomew14
OK, so for starters, when I am downloading a file, I can only open it, because choosing "save" just closes the box and nothing happens. Also, I cannot right click on a picture and choose "save as" because yet again nothing happens. Various other related bugs are happening too. At first I thought it was just an error with internet explorer buuuuuut, it also happens with non internet related...
June 5th 09 07:47 PM
by bartholomew14 Go to last post
5 174
File Open dialog box default size by Alan Roy
Whenever one goes to open or save a file, I always find the dialog box to small, and like to resize to make it easier to look through the hundreds of folders i have. Is there any way to alter the default opening size of the file management dialog boxes?
September 15th 09 05:07 AM
by seanos Go to last post
5 218
Problem with EPS files in Windows Vista by arthur313
I have been using Windows Vista Home Premium for 5 days now. I have noticed that when I have a folder with an EPS (Adobe Illustrator) file in it then when I open that folder Windows Explorer will often crash. Even if the folder with the EPS file is on an external harddrive then the window will crash. Sometimes I manage to open the folder, but when I try to delete the EPS file it will say...
January 19th 10 10:25 AM
by mia b Go to last post
5 621
cant find saved file by Track
after changing an email attachment I saved it and now have no idea how to find it on my comp. it is not in my docs?? any idea where to find it
December 2nd 09 02:16 PM
by yjbonner Go to last post
5 397
Partition software by Luke
Hi does anyone know where I can get some partition software that isn't a trial that lets me actually partition my hard drive? luke
November 21st 12 07:12 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
5 1,518
Need Help with Vista Undelete Files by Richard K
I accidentally deleted files from the Vista Home computer. There were about 5 folders in My Pictures, each folder containing several hundred pictures. The files were too large for the Recycle Bin so it was bypassed permenantly deleted. I realized this RIGHT AFTER I did it so I have not altered the hard drive. I am thinking the files (.jpg) are still there but I need to undelete...
October 31st 09 02:54 AM
by sportsphotoguy Go to last post
5 380
Can I change file association? by oldwest
I saved a file with a .odt file extension and when I send as an attachment nobody can open it. Is it possible for me to change the extension to .doc so everyone can open it? If so, how do I do it? Thanks for help. -- oldwest
May 3rd 09 12:03 AM
by oldwest Go to last post
5 215
5728 Access by Jeff
Hi, With UAC off; and signed in aa an "admin"; why do I get access deny violations-NO ACCESS-ACCESS DENIED to system folders? Never before;in any build; or even other Windows o.s.'s; have I seen this;when logged in as "admin'. What's the deal with this in 5728? Did MSFT suddenly put system files into a " No accesss allowed" area? Any help??? Jeff Really weird; not all; but most...
September 25th 06 12:48 PM
by Jeff Go to last post
4 508
delete windows old by danbrown
I read in a post that I could delete the windows old file is that true or does it affect something else? The reason I ask is I deleted it then defragged and everything changed on my computer. My sidebar was gone, all my Icons moved to the right hand side of the screen, my verizon EVDO card stopped working and when I attached a second monitor if I opened a file I would get half on my laptop and...
September 20th 06 03:58 PM
by Dave Balcom Go to last post
4 472
Please keep using the "My..." nomenclature for My Documents, My Vi by SquirrelSF
Please keep using the "My..." nomenclature for My Documents, My Videos, My Picuters, etc. It took me awhile to like that, and one I accepted it, started naming subfolders like My Finances, My Scripts, My Work Projects, etc. As I developer, I even got coworkers to have our ISV application's output work files go into My Documents\My EQuIS Work\ folder by default (where EQuIS is the name...
September 4th 06 05:51 AM
by Jan Kucera Go to last post

From The