Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
disk space taken up randomly by nvmywrx
So here is my problem. I installed my ages of empires game and tried to run it and it couldn't find the rockalldll.dll (At this point i had about 6gb of space left) and so i was told to run registry booster so i did that and it had many files that needed to be fixed. So i created the backup that it says to do than repaired the registry's. After i did all the my disk space has went to 400mb. Does...
August 24th 08 09:36 PM
by Wandering[_2_] Go to last post
1 241
Disk Usage in Vista RC1 by RRanger
I installed Vista RC1 last week on an old PC and, for the most part, the experience has been great. I'm getting the full "Ultimate" version, including Aero. And the performance is actually better than XP. However, I do have one puzzling issue that I'm hoping someone can help me out with. So that I wouldn't wreck the installation of XP on my existing IDE hard drive, I popped in an old 13.6...
October 30th 06 06:58 PM
by RR Johnson Jr Go to last post
1 431
Disk usage reporting? by HotmailUser
Is there a way to find out which files and directories are occupying the most space on a drive in Vista? Thanks.
April 18th 08 12:30 PM
by BurrWalnut Go to last post
3 271
DiskJunction util by mazorj
PC Magazine has come out with an interesting utility that taps in Vista's "symbolic links" (whatever they are). http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2347491,00.asp This is all new to me, and one knowledgeable commenter at the site is having some significant problems that the author has offered to investigate. But assuming that DiskJunction works or can be made to work as advertised, can anyone...
June 6th 09 03:50 PM
by mazorj Go to last post
6 247
Diskstate 3.70 (Build 1601) always crashes on Vista by evfu
Of late, Diskstate 3.70 (build 1601) opens and after a while always crashes leaving behind crashdump of disksate and opens a browser window to send the same to the vendor. This is the latest release having updated to it from the previous one using the inbuilt updater when it looks for new updates. Even the previous version used to crash. On the website of vendor, it mentions that the crash on...
April 15th 09 09:45 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
2 159
Display actual file type, not description of the type by Doug
Is it possible, in Windows Explorer Search, to display the actual type, rather than the description of the type? eg .mp3 rather than "MPEG Layer...." -- Doug
October 12th 07 06:40 AM
by Donald Lessau Go to last post
3 230
Display Adobe pdf properties in Vista by aorechwa
Vista does not display any properties (e.g., Title, Subject, Keywords) of a pdf document in either the details view of Windows Explorer or in the details pane. Is there any way to customize by editing the Registry to cause these properties to display in Windows Explorer? Thanks for any suggestions/assistance. -- aorechwa ------------------------------------------------------------------------
February 23rd 09 10:58 AM
by MartC Go to last post
1 221
Display always as large icons? by Alf Morten
Hi, I wish that all folders and files, no matter which type, gets organized/displayed as large icons. How can I do that? Am tired of it coming up as list view. In advance thanks.
November 3rd 07 07:16 PM
by brink[_1689_] Go to last post
3 141
display document creation date by Norman[_3_]
suddenly, my document folder in Word,has changed appearance and no longer displays the date of document creation. It is imperative that I be able to do so. Is there anyway to retrieve the old format or at least be able to display the date? Thanks for any assistance Norman Kabak
November 19th 07 09:33 PM
by Wandering[_2_] Go to last post
1 522
Display File and Disk Space in Explorer by Shrek
Hello, I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate RTM from Technet Subscriber Downloads. I have a problem with the Windows Explorer. My Status Bar is not displaying the size of the selected files everytime and the status bar or any other bar does not display the total free size on the volume, I have to go to "Computer" everytime. Is there any possibility to fix this?
January 6th 07 01:05 AM
by Night Trains Go to last post
6 232
Display Folders and Files on seperated locations in one Folder. by CAPHome
I have a WHS (1 Tb) and a large network Icybox drive (1 Tb). General folders like Documents, Music, Pictures, etc. are on both drives. Now I would like to see the contents of f.i. the Documents folder from both drives in one and the same folder. If I click on an item, it should be opened from the right spot. How can I do this on my Vista-notebook? Or do have to buy special software? And when...
August 31st 08 11:26 AM
by barman58 Go to last post
1 408
Display Problem by Martin Racette
Hi, When I open the Documents folder(or any other folder), I have on the left hand side some folder that I can access, and at the bottom there an arrow where you can make the folder tree appear. Up to there no problem, but when I'm trying to scroll through the tree the whole thinmg keeps moving left and right on it own How can I make it stop moving and remain to the left
January 24th 08 03:41 PM
by Dwarf Go to last post
1 284
Displaying file lists by brian
When I go to C/Local Disk the display reads as a list of music files with Name- Artist - Album-Genre etc - I cannot get it to display as a list of files as normally expected. OS vista Business - also have iTunes - is this the cause?
September 17th 07 04:32 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
2 162
Displaying file SIZE on detailed search results by JB
Hi, I am missing the "size" (file size) column on all my search results (detail view). However, I get two columns I don't need ('Auteur' and 'Mots-clés' in French). I already know there are different folder models that you can choose from when you display the content of a folder (customize tab of a folder's properties). The one you choose make the right colums appear in detail view. For...
October 11th 07 12:45 AM
by JB Go to last post
2 498
Displaying file times to the second by Ray[_6_]
I'd like to compare the time stamps of two files that were created a few seconds apart. Unfortunately, the Windows Explorer only shows the time to the nearest minute. And the "properties" view is even worse -- it shows "2 hours ago" (it was actually 78 minutes ago). The DIR command also gives time only to the minute. Is there any way to get the file times to the second? The files were...
October 14th 08 07:30 PM
by Donald Lessau Go to last post
3 369
dissapearing files by Bridgette
Hello, I have Windows Vista and need some help. I was recently organizing my pictures when a bunch of random ones went missing. Here's what I did: -Highlighted group of jpeg photos. -Renamed entire grouping by right clicking on one of highlighted group. -All the names where changed with the addition of (#) beside new file name to identify each image. -I right clicked again and hit "undo...
August 21st 07 06:48 PM
by b Go to last post
4 273
dissapearing screen by Leo Kline[_2_]
I am surprised that no one has respondded to my post of 2/19 on "unstable screen". Maybe I chose a bad subject line, but this characteristic in my new vista program where the worksheet in Excel amd other programs just vanishishes is a very real problem that I need to solve. Can anyone help?
February 25th 09 06:47 PM
by DL Go to last post
3 222
diverting directories makes the target disappear by Ernst
I am using a Dutch version of Vista, so apologies for possibly not using the correct terminology. But Vista allows users to divert, to re-locate the storage of the personal directories such as Documents and Pictures to another disk than the c-drive. However, when I follow the instructions of the helpfile and point Vista to the directory I would like to use, this target directory then becomes...
July 15th 08 02:47 AM
by RH Go to last post
1 269
DLL Error by Avanator
Upon startup I keep getting the error: ______________________________________________________ Error loading C:\Users\Avanator\AppData\Local\Temp\ddcCTIIK.dll The specified module could not be found. ______________________________________________________ I've cleaned my registry with RegCure and still get the error. I also tried searching some DLL download databases and there's no...
July 23rd 08 04:56 AM
by Avanator Go to last post
2 206
Dll file open with notepad by lawrence lam
How to configure dll file open with default program because i have accidentally change it to notepad.Now all my dll file open with notepad. how to change it to default. -- lawrence lam
March 5th 09 09:41 AM
by lawrence lam Go to last post

From The