Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Programs doesn't shows on Program groups by pro_newbie888
I've installed lot of games but no one appear on program groups.. I've to add d' shortcut to desktop manually from C:\* How to add it..?? Pls..;) -- pro_newbie888 ==================================
October 12th 08 12:44 PM
by tweakwindows[_23_] Go to last post
2 302
iTunes opening windows as 'Small Icons' but want 'List' - how ? by BeachNut
I can see loads of advice on the forum :geek: but not sure which to follow to get the fix I need. Using iTunes 7.7 if I 'Add file to Library' the window opens listing all files in the 'Small Icons' View type, which orders the files horizontally. I want it to open as a 'List' view type so that all files are ordered vertically. If I open the same folder in Explorer it IS opened as a 'List' View...
October 12th 08 04:07 AM
by BeachNut Go to last post
2 289
Vista backup help! by dg175
Hi everybody, I recently formatted and restored my vista home premium system. Before doing so, I made a backup of my files (not complete pc backup) to a network share drive. Now when I try to restore I get the error: The backup file could not be found. Check your hardware configuration or restore from a different backup. (0x8100001A) I did not move my file backup to a new location, and the...
October 11th 08 03:39 PM
by dg175[_3_] Go to last post
4 332
Splitting Vista Installation From Programs? by szkoda
At the moment I have vista installed on a 70GB hard drive along with all my programs and documents. Is it possible to put vista into a seperate partition from my programs and data without reinstalling anything? -- szkoda
October 9th 08 06:24 PM
by SIW2 Go to last post
8 426
stop displaying "Public Documents" for Documents folder? by David Deley[_2_]
I don't care for the way Vista Windows Explorer sometimes displays "Public Documents", and other times it's just "Documents" (possibly over a network). I never know if I should look in the D's or the P's for the folder. I have to look both places. Is there a way to stop this inconsistency and just always display what the folder actually is?
October 9th 08 04:02 PM
by shwanman Go to last post
4 296
Folder does not refresh after disbaling auto arrange in list or detail view by kedia_vishal
I followed the steps given by Keith in thread (how to fix FFlags for all folder?, #139488) to disable auto arrange in list or detail view in Windows Vista Explorer. It has caused another issue here. Although autosorting does get disabled, if I copy more than four files in that folder, the files does not show up until I close the folder and then reopen it. Even refreshing the page (pressing F5)...
October 8th 08 11:06 PM
by kedia_vishal Go to last post
0 284
System Volume Information Files by jswas
I recently upgraded to Vista Home Premium. I Run Nod32 V3 virus software,but find that it does not scan System restore files. I have taken ownership of the folder and sub files but still cannot scan for malware. I used to use XP pro and had no problems scanning the restore files. The message in the Nod32 log file reads "error opening". Any help with this matter would be most welcome. Thanks --
October 7th 08 08:27 PM
by Ken Blake, MVP Go to last post
3 323
maddening popups and can't delete files by news.microsoft.com[_9_]
I posted this on several Vista groups in desperation. I can't get control of my own computer although I'm the only user. I can't understand the complicated directions given to OWN my own PC so I can delete unwanted files downloaded to it in error from a backup external drive. I'm the admin and only user on my Vista comp and can't delete old files I no longer want. How do I delete these...
October 7th 08 08:20 PM
by news.microsoft.com[_9_] Go to last post
2 335
What's missing to be recognized as a Video filetype? by hexaae[_2_]
Here is the report of FileExtInfo about my .FLV (Flash Video format, added with the excellent Vista Codec Package): Code: -------------------- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ File association information for file type Generated by FileExtInfo v2.0 on 06/10/2008 18.21.32
October 6th 08 04:23 PM
by hexaae[_2_] Go to last post
0 380
Windows Vista File Management by melvin2008[_4_]
A file manager and a file browser is a computer program that provides a user interface to work with file systems. The most common operations used are create, open, edit, view, print, play, rename, move, copy, delete, attributes, properties, search/find, and permissions. Files are typically displayed in a hierarchy. Some file managers contain features inspired by web browsers, including forward...
October 6th 08 11:40 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 341
Problems starting programs using Start/Search Field/Program Name by Sebastian Trandafir
there is this small frustration i'm having with Vista's Search option. I am using Vista Home Premium , and there is some time now since some of my programs wouldn't open using this neat method Vista implemented introducing the "Search" field in the Start Menu. This does not happen to all the programs i have installed. It only happens with Microsoft Office and iTunes . In the past, i have...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 6th 08 09:12 AM
by Sebi Trandafir Go to last post
10 661
Vista 32 bit SP1 - file/properties/details tab - missing info for .sys files by Mick[_3_]
Sorry if I'm breaking any rules by posting to another group but posted to general a couple of days ago and not a single response. Not sure if initially posted to incorrect group or it's simply that no one can think of any reason as to why the problem occurs. Any help would be much appreciated. Hi all, Just recently I have noticed that when viewing file properties for .sys files the 'details'...
October 6th 08 01:49 AM
by Mick[_3_] Go to last post
0 286
Vista x86 program folder not showing in directory by MrCager
I recenty became the proud new owner of a computer with Windows Vista Home premium edition. Living in this new environment was good at the beginning, but now I believe I have some kind of issue. When I open the "Computer" window and click on my "C" drive to view the "Program" folders I noticed that the "Program files X86" folder is nowhere to be found. It was there when I first brought the...
October 5th 08 10:19 AM
by MrCager[_2_] Go to last post
2 264
Office 2003 SP3 Documents Changing to Read Only on Vista Ultimate PC by DSR
Office 2003 documents become "Read-Only" while working on them. Once this happens, I have to go to File Save and the "Save As" dialog box will come up instead of the "Save" dialog box and then I have to save the file with a new name. (Office 2003 & Vista Ultimate) The files are being saved to a Windows Home Server. Any ideas why this happens and how I can stop this from occuring?
October 4th 08 05:38 PM
by Wandering[_2_] Go to last post
2 318
Drive with RAID 1 access denied. by v_hit
I use RAID 1 by Gigabyte Mainboard GA-965P-DS3 in Vista x64 Ultimate. Sometime I can't do any thing with RAID drive: modifing and writing. To resolve, I restart computer and go to Safe Mode. After that all ok. Is there any better answer for this problem. Thanks. -- v_hit
October 3rd 08 11:37 AM
by DL Go to last post
1 344
Cannot start Microsoft Outlook (New Info) by Peter Phillips
There's info about the problem on the internet, saying basically that there's a conflict with Office. The solution suggested was to click on the Mail icon in the control panel. When I do so, I get the message "You need more memory or systems resources. Close some windows and try again." But hardly any resources are being used. I think the problem may have been caused by installing Office 97....
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 3rd 08 11:34 AM
by DL Go to last post
11 450
Problems with "Open with" command by Carlos Villaseñor M.[_2_]
Hi everybody! I have problems with "Open with..." in the windows explorer, I had a previous version of a Structural Analisys software and for ease I made that the type of files that the software generate were apened by double click in the explorer by "open with" command. Now I updated the software, but it was installed in an other folder and the older versión was unistalled, next I tried to...
October 2nd 08 01:07 PM
by Flavius Go to last post
1 286
Cannot start Microsoft Outlook by Peter Phillips
I'm getting this message on first startup of the program. My desktop is a Packard Bell, bought today. IE works ok. I installed my antivirus ok. Can anyone help?
October 2nd 08 08:11 AM
by Hank Arnold (MVP) Go to last post
2 301
Working with Primavera in Vista by ligoneri
My company use Primavera Project Planner (P3). It is the industry standard, our clients demand it, and there is no way we could change unilaterally. We are also changing over to Vista, in fact most departments have. I am the first in the planning/scheduling department to change - and I am facing a major problem. Like most planners, I export P3 data to spreadsheets, manipulate the data and...
October 1st 08 07:23 PM
by DekHog Go to last post
7 462
Backup fails when creating shadow copy by Paul Steed
Since buying a new PC with pre-installed Home Premium I have been trying to make a backup copy. Every attempt ends with the same failure. The system event log contains "The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume OS_Install." I have run chkdsk several times and it has never found any errors (it always finds 5 unindexed entries...
October 1st 08 05:04 PM
by EdTittel Go to last post

From The