Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
screensavers stored by Debbie
Where are the screensavers stored in vista? Thanks, Debbie
July 2nd 07 04:46 PM
by Dave Go to last post
1 178
Have done a stupid thing ... by AdamBC
I have set the "hidden" Attribute on a folder by mistake (long story) and I can't work out how to undo it (because I can't see the folder now!) - can anyone help please
July 2nd 07 05:34 PM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
3 180
unable to view or change owner for files though admin rights by Benoit Dacier
Hi as stated in the subject, i'm not able to view or change the owner of 3 files (non system files). I've no rights whatsoever, not even replacing the file. I've tried changing the owner via the gui and takeown, but nothing works. please advice
July 2nd 07 05:56 PM
by Sharon F Go to last post
1 247
Vista search isn't returning Excel files by Martin LaBar
I am using Advanced Search in Windows Vista to find recently created files, so that I can copy them to other media. I have discovered that searching for files after, say June 30, does not return Excel files, although it does return .txt files and .html files. The location I am specifying is my Vista user name, and the Spreadsheets subfolder is located within that user name folder. Thanks...
July 2nd 07 09:30 PM
by Martin LaBar Go to last post
2 172
Unable to disable offline files via Group Policy by SushiSean
I'm having the hardest time disabling offline files. This is what we have: Document, My Desktop and a few other folders are on Folder Redirection. I have the following settings on my OU that may affect offline files: Allow or Disallow use of the Offline Files Featu Disabled Phohibit user configuration of Offline Files: Enabled Always wait for the network at computer startup and login:...
July 3rd 07 04:52 PM
by SushiSean Go to last post
0 167
Vista thinks Save As is same as download by joxy
Whenever a .htm page is "saved as" the download box appears and there is a noticeable delay before the saved file appears in its location. The download box is a nuisance - how to stop it appearing?
July 3rd 07 06:48 PM
by joxy Go to last post
6 156
Vista -deleting, moving and copying files by Marian Pudek
"Marian Pudek" wrote in message news:... "Marian Pudek" wrote in message news:... "Marian Pudek" wrote in message news:... Hi Paul, Interesting approach. I never ventured there before but I think if I knew what I was looking for that could help. I looked in the Windows Logs: Applications, Security and System.
July 4th 07 12:00 AM
by Marian Pudek Go to last post
0 162
Icon Spacing Adjustments by BMC
The space between Icons, Thumbnails, Folders etc is far to large for my personal preference, not the Icons themselves but I cant find information anywhere on how to reduce the size used, I have also been trawling through totally irrelevant google results and the Control panel in vain for a few hours trying to find these settings, could someone please tell me where to adjust this, if I have...
July 4th 07 01:58 PM
by JerryM Go to last post
4 190
Closing Preview Pane in Explorer by Inglo
My zen mp3 player has an interface accessible through Windows Explorer. It's a sort of customized view, like a disk or folder ,with various available tasks showing up where one would usually see a list of files and folders. However Creative set up this folder, it disappears all of the typical Windows Vista Explorer buttons. The "Organize" and "Views" buttons along the top bar are missing. ...
July 4th 07 07:50 PM
by brink Go to last post
1 183
Problem to preview or edit JPG files on Vista Desktop by TC
Dear Sir, I found a very strange problem of Vista. When I try double click or right click to select PREVIEW or EDIT a JPG files on DESKTOP, nothing happens. However, the other files i.e. PDF or shortcut all works fine on desktop and PREVIEW or EDIT works in other directories (or even of a directory on desktop also fine). Can you explain this? And any solution?
July 5th 07 12:23 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
2 209
Printing file lists by chick
Anyone know how to get a printout of folders and file lists. I know how to set this up under XP but it does not work with Vista. Greatful for sugestions. Thanking you.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 5th 07 06:04 AM
by Doug Go to last post
10 405
After Upgraded to Ultimate... by D@n!3L
I upgraded to Ultimate and when i do a system clean i saw 4GB of stuff under the catergory of "discarded file by window upgrade" where can i locate those files???
July 5th 07 09:29 AM
by P. Di Stolfo Go to last post
1 190
Navcancl / ieframe.dll - Solution by Marshall Kiam-Laine
Problem : ie7 refuses to open after Installing update KB 931768 Solution : find C:\program files\ iexplore.exe right click and "Run as administrator" After ie7 has opened : Tools\options\Advanced - Disable Pfishing. should be ok now - but of course be extra Alert for any Fishing emails.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 5th 07 10:58 AM
by Hiawatha Go to last post
17 290
Deleting Files by NoahDanger!
I cant delete a file and it says its open in another program. but i can seem to figure out what program is running it. is there anyway to force delete it or find the program
July 5th 07 12:24 PM
by RichG Go to last post
2 223
Creating Workbook in Works w/Windows Vista by Fuller
I need to create a workbook in Microsoft Works, but all I get is a worksheet. I have Windows Vista. How do I get a new tab?
July 5th 07 02:01 PM
by Malke Go to last post
1 204
Indexing Options Doesn't Work... by Wasi
Hi, I am running Vista enterprise (32 bit) and am not able to see the indexed locations when I go to Control Panel - Indexing Options. When I click there, Indexing Options box opens and I get message “waiting to receive indexing status…” and then nothing happens. I have also tried to go to the search screen and then add a folder or drive to the indexing locations but nothing happens...
July 6th 07 12:58 AM
by Wasi Go to last post
0 198
The system cannot find the file specified by EricYeo
I have a WINDOW VISTA BUSINESS OS running on my Notebook. When I perform a SYNC on OFFLINE files with WINDOW SERVER, I get a file conflict message saying: The System cannot find the file specified. It listed the name of missing file. I checked the relevant file in the folder on the server and my PC and I could not find any of the file mentioned.
July 6th 07 01:12 AM
by EricYeo Go to last post
0 195
How to set the search indexing behavior for a particular filetype? by Cecil Ward
I have a problem with Windows Vista. I have a lot of text files that have the extension .xsl. Most indexed searches on these files fail, presumably because these files are not treated _as text_ and so are put through some kind of content filter. My question: I can't see any way to change this behaviour, because the options are grayed out? (Although under WinXp I was able to customize the...
July 6th 07 01:59 AM
by brink Go to last post
1 136
Opening a previously saved document in WordPad by jujujulia
WordPad apparantly crashed last time I saved a document, now what opens up is an almost blank page. I lost hours of work! (I'm using an "Everex" laptop which runs on Windows -- AVOID!) How can I open up a previously saved version of the document? Even yesterday I had saved most of the work. I know it's possible, but how? Thanks for your help!
July 6th 07 05:24 AM
by jujujulia Go to last post
0 189
Dragging folders to Favorite links won't work! by dsdevries
hello, I have a small problem. whenever i drag a folder to the "favorite Links" section of the navigation pane in explorer, vista used to create a shortcut to that folder in the Links folder inside my Personal userfolder. But now, after i had tried out some thirdparty software to customize the windows icons, Vista doesn't create the shortcuts anymore. Instead Vista now moves the entire...
July 6th 07 10:47 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post

From The