Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
5728 Access by Jeff
Hi, With UAC off; and signed in aa an "admin"; why do I get access deny violations-NO ACCESS-ACCESS DENIED to system folders? Never before;in any build; or even other Windows o.s.'s; have I seen this;when logged in as "admin'. What's the deal with this in 5728? Did MSFT suddenly put system files into a " No accesss allowed" area? Any help??? Jeff Really weird; not all; but most...
September 25th 06 12:48 PM
by Jeff Go to last post
4 508
64 programs by shazbot
Ok maybe a silly question when I install programs on the C drive Windows installs them either in the Programs Files (86) for the 32 bit and Programs Files for the 64 bit BUT When I install programs on for instance the F drive must I do the same, two folders or doesn't it matter, and use just one folder regardless whether its 32 or 64bit
September 27th 08 04:28 AM
by tntoak[_6_] Go to last post
6 416
7 versions of Internet explorer in WinSXS by Gshell
I understand the purpose of WinSXS and it's intended solution for DLL. And finding multiple instances of a given DLL there does not surprise me. What did surprise me however, was finding seven different versions of the iexplore.exe Why would there EVER be a need for 7 different versions of this particular EXE or for that matter ANY EXE file? Anyone have any insight as to what Vista is now...
December 29th 07 05:15 AM
by dmex[_47_] Go to last post
5 349
80 Firmware Drivers R4 Dsi. R4i Dsi 84162 by r4idsi r4i
Drivers Firmware R4i Dsi . Firmware R4 Dsi nintendo http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_firmware-drivers-nintendo-dsi-r4-i-upgrade_1214985 Firmware Drivers R4i Dsi , R4 Dsi , R4i-sdhc.com
April 11th 09 08:48 PM
by r4idsi r4i Go to last post
0 259
8ffbe65d-2c9c-4669-84bd-5829dc0b603c by venom762
I have this in my C/Windows/Downloaded Programs what is it and should I get rid of it? -- venom762
June 11th 09 04:08 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
1 254
93 WIIKEY FUSION Informacion by wiikeyfusion
Atendiendo a las peticiones de los usuarios finales y distribuidores, estamos encantados de confirmar que el apoyo WBFS se incluirán en Wiikey Fusion. Pronto podremos comprar Wiikey Fusion.Segun nos informa el distribuidor para españa www.R4spain.com/tienda WBFS es un sistema de archivos desarrollado especialmente para el almacenamiento de copias de seguridad de Wii que comprime los juegos a un...
April 7th 10 07:42 PM
by wiikeyfusion Go to last post
0 439
:-( sp1 removes Instant Search in start menu by isthis
I am REALLY mad to read (winsupersite.com) that Vista Service Pack 1 R E M O V E S the instant search field from the start menu! :-( I use the instant search often, finding it the easiest way find a single file that i'm not certain where lies. And now MS will punish me as a customer by withdrawing one of the useful features of vista (instead of the many useless ones) just because Google...
February 22nd 08 09:51 AM
by Bob Go to last post
4 383
? How to: Folder Redirection / Stand-alone Vista ? by TJ
System: Stand-alone Vista Drive 0: 4 Partitions (C=MBR, D=Data, R=ASR, S=Software) Drive 1: 4 (Do Not Use) Partitions that are Sync'd with each Drive 0 Partition Concern: How to Redirect the default location for Documents within a Vista Stand-alone system. The system is implemented as a stand-alone within an environment that has the C:\ assigned as the MBR. ASR images resides within R:\. ...
December 10th 06 01:16 AM
by TJ Go to last post
0 393
A bug in \Windows\Fonts folder by Alien
I have found a bug in \Windows\Fonts folder. If you select a file and press Ctrl+C you will not be able to paste it anywhere, but drag-n-drop works properly. P.S. I've heard about free key of Vista for Vista testers, is this information correct? If it is, how can i get one? :) P.P.S. After 1 week using, my Vista can't log in 3 of 4 times - after 'welcome-screen' i could see only black...
November 28th 07 09:29 PM
by Alien Go to last post
0 177
A Deleted Folder keeps recreating by Samthesudden
Dear all, I have Windows Vista Home Premium. A weird problem is being faced. I had created a folder in my Documents folder, and after I had finished with it, I deleted it. But it refuses to stay deleted, It keeps recreating itself every time I start the machine. I just can't figure out what is happening. I first thought it might be malware of some sort and I scanned my computer with...
May 19th 09 11:28 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
4 235
A few questions about moving personal folders by Luds
Hi, PLease could someone help with these questions? I want to move all the User\ files to a separate drive but am making a bit of a mess of it! As I understand it, the username and vista folders can't actually be moved but are effectively converted into links towards the new location? 1. Should I create folders that mirror the account usernames on the D drive
November 9th 07 03:05 PM
by Luds Go to last post
6 214
A Folder Issue by HolyMolyACow
About 2 weeks ago, my brother wanted to show me that he could make an invisible folder on my computer, which is using Windows Vista 32bit SP1, by changing the folder icon and name (to Alt-0160). After he showed me, I realised that I could not delete the folder. I spent about two days looking for a way to un-select the read-only function, to come to the conclusion that it is a preset format (the...
August 23rd 09 01:06 AM
by R. C. White Go to last post
1 289
A fresh look? Deleting a file by Evan[_2_]
I'm interested in if this issue has been solved? That is, why is it happening to begin with? Here is what I notice on my machine: Vista 32 Enterprise, SP1 _*Symptom:_*_ A video file (typically) cannot be deleted without rebooting or dismounting the drive via "chkdsk /x" (if external) or sometimes re-starting explorer.exe works.
July 25th 08 08:10 PM
by Wandering[_2_] Go to last post
1 219
A kollege at work just lost all his email! by Arnfinn Haraldsen
You can quickly choose the location of each folder in your user folder by right-clicking it. What is stupid is that you can't do it that easily for the entire user folder, so if you reformat you loose your Application Data folder. A kollege at work had a friend wipe and reinstall his laptop and he copied the "My Documents" folder but he still lost all his email and was very unhappy. Anyone...
April 5th 07 03:24 AM
by Go to last post
4 463
A mapping problem? by Paul Hoberg[_2_]
I've mapped L: to a folder named c:\L-map on my C: drive. It looks like this: L-map(\\Pauls-compaq\c)(L:) But programs that want to open files on the L: drive fail. For example L:\copies\abc-file.txt is not found, but does exist. Any idea what's wrong? TIA, Paul
November 17th 08 02:48 PM
by Paul Hoberg[_2_] Go to last post
2 271
A more efficient way to copy files? by george
Today I use RoboCopy with the /Mir switch in Vista to make a mirror copy of a data drive I have that contains a lot of multi-gigabyte video files. I've recently started tagging them all, and find that I am tagging things with all kind of different things. Problem is, tagging the file updates the datestamp, and Robocopy thinks it's a more current file, so it copies the ENTIRE multi-gigabyte...
July 22nd 07 04:25 AM
by george Go to last post
0 137
a question of tags by Samuel
The next version of windows is going to do away with folder, t will go completely virtual. The main reason Vista isn't is probrably complexity and the customer base - they wouldn't understand it. So the intro of tags toward that ideal is doing awy with much of what people like passwording folders and customizing folders. So will Microsoft considder this: 1. Allowing tags to behave like...
February 6th 07 05:26 AM
by Samuel Go to last post
0 167
A question on using the Microsoft Windows Home Premium and its ... by Fiery Dragon
Hi there, Recently, I downloaded and installed the file "Adobe Reader 8" onto my hard drive C. When I'm using Windows Home Premium "Search" trying to search and see where the file is located on my hard drive C, the "Search" returned a path as: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu". I have difficulty of locating the exact path on my hard drive C using Windows Explorer. Would you please...
May 18th 08 10:17 PM
by DL Go to last post
2 271
a rewritable disc has become read only by dk
HI: Any suggestion as to revert back read only to rewritable disc. Thanks
June 1st 08 11:39 PM
by dk Go to last post
0 186
About deleted files by Serban
I had some troubles using a program with Vista. The program installs itself in the Program Files folder, and the trouble is that it cannot save some files there if it is not run "as administrator" (although I have an administrator user.) I installed the program a couple of times in different folders and manually deleted previous folders. With the latest install I realised that when I try to...
March 1st 07 09:07 AM
by Go to last post

From The